Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Physical Shipment Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 5:02:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

The manuals have been received at the US warehouse, finally. We are now applying all the little labels.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 151
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 5:26:39 PM   
GeorgePatton

Yay 

BTW are the manuals spiral wire-bound (so it can lay flat when opened), 3-ring loose leaf (for errata inserts), or just regular binding?

300+pages is rather hefty size.

War...war never changes.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 152
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 5:52:22 PM   
ool

I agree with you. Ring for a 330 page manual would be infinitely preferable. Nothing like getting a new game and going through the manual to learn all the nuances of the recent purchase.

(in reply to GeorgePatton)
Post #: 153
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 5:55:02 PM   
Joseph_Nevsky

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeorgePatton

Yay 

BTW are the manuals spiral wire-bound (so it can lay flat when opened), 3-ring loose leaf (for errata inserts), or just regular binding?

300+pages is rather hefty size.

There´s another recent thread in this forum where you can see an answer for this question

(By the way: I´ve checked my Order Status and... my physical copy is coming at hoomeee!! YUUJUUUU!!

(in reply to GeorgePatton)
Post #: 154
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 5:55:50 PM   
sdevault

Yes...Yes..YES!!!!

OK, give us second, by second updates....

"I have peeled one label from the sheet".....
"Am now flipping the manual over on its front"........
"And now, I am placing the label, perpendicular to the page, upon the manual itself"......
After a deep breath; "Now I am appling pressure to assure good adhesion."

Rinse and repeat.

Post #: 155
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 5:58:28 PM   
Iridium

I'm hoping the labels are plastic and have poor adhesive on them personally. As long as these labels don't require you to damage the book itself while removing them I'll be happy.

Yamato, IMO the best looking Battleship.

"Hey, a packet of googly eyes! I'm so taking these." Hank Venture

(in reply to sdevault)
Post #: 156
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 6:12:23 PM   
wworld7

V22 Osprey I wasn't singling you out for complaints in my message yesterday. Other people complained and just do not understand the complex nature of the rules for importing (almost anything) from outside the country. Overall the rule/laws work well and consumers rarely "see" what happens under the hood of transactions.

As for my private message over the weekend about your language in the forum. Well, obviously you ignored it and used in 4-letter cap capitals a phrase that is no where near family friendly.

Whether you were trying to be cute or what not I don't care. Please stop using such expressions. It causes me problems when my great-nephew comes across them and the tells his Grandmother (my sister) innocently. I don't need the hassle for your laziness to find a suitable word (which once again is not following this forums rules).

Flipper

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 157
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 6:16:50 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

V22 Osprey I wasn't singling you out for complaints in my message yesterday. Other people complained and just do not understand the complex nature of the rules for importing (almost anything) from outside the country. Overall the rule/laws work well and consumers rarely "see" what happens under the hood of transactions.

As for my private message over the weekend about your language in the forum. Well, obviously you ignored it and used in 4-letter cap capitals a phrase that is no where near family friendly.

Whether you were trying to be cute or what not I don't care. Please stop using such expressions. It causes me problems when my great-nephew comes across them and the tells his Grandmother (my sister) innocently. I don't need the hassle for your laziness to find a suitable word (which once again is not following this forums rules).

I didn't ignore your message, you came in with a sarcastic comment that wasn't helping to the situation either.And the point about the 4 letter phrase was so that if you don't know the phrase, you dont know it, its not my fault your nephew knows what that abbriviation means...

I'm going to stop now while I'm ahead.Now you call me lazy, I'm stopping right now...

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 8/4/2009 6:21:59 PM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 158
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 6:20:37 PM   
Placatio

Glad to hear they're in Minnesota (since I am).

I read the entire manual on the computer and printed key pages, but I'm looking forward to the printed one. I poured through databases and the map for four hours and I don't even know where to start Turn 1. Guess the manual won't help with that, though :)

Post #: 159
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 11:09:00 PM   
ravincravin

Starting turn 1 in the main scenario is like diving in a frigid pool of water. I just finished my first turn this morning and it took me 4 hours to complete the order phase to my satisfaction. Just do it!

Good gaming.

(in reply to Placatio)
Post #: 160
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 12:35:36 AM   
Erik Rutins

Labeling is complete, we should have copies to Customs for approval tomorrow. We're told they will approve within a day. Assuming all goes well, that means we could be shipping out from US warehouse as early as Thursday.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravincravin)
Post #: 161
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 12:40:59 AM   
Iridium

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Labeling is complete, we should have copies to Customs for approval tomorrow. We're told they will approve within a day. Assuming all goes well, that means we could be shipping out from US warehouse as early as Thursday.

Well, here's hoping there isn't any more red tape, good luck with everything tomorrow. I appreciate that you are keeping us informed of the shipping situation, most companies keep their customers in the dark when it comes to stuff like this.

Yamato, IMO the best looking Battleship.

"Hey, a packet of googly eyes! I'm so taking these." Hank Venture

Post #: 162
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 12:53:30 AM   
RevRick

quote:

Ah, Erik. I know this has probably been answered somewhere or the other, but how are you shipping them? I ask because I leave Thursday for my wife and my 40th high school reunion. If it's coming UPS, it will probably sit on my front step for some time before I return. If it is, I probably need to alert one of my parishioners to be on the lookout.
Grazi,
Rick

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Post #: 163
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 1:00:51 AM   
ravincravin

You had the option to choose shipping methods when you placed the order at Digital Rivers. I believe it defaulted to UPS ground at a price of around $10+. I changed mine to USPS which was slightly less. If you check your invoice receipt it might shed some light on the shipping method.

Good gaming.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 164
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 1:26:07 AM   
RevRick

Well, I guess I'd best alert my AE Delivery Patrol team.  Hope they do better than the patrol bombers on Oahu!!!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to ravincravin)
Post #: 165
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 2:03:59 AM   
jshan

We appreciate your efforts Erik! Thanks.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 166
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 2:38:51 AM   
seydlitz_slith

Thinking about this whole thread reminds me of how everyone in this information age is used to getting things almost immediately....or at least overnight.

Remember when everything that you ordered used to be "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery" which was an improvement over "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery" and we were ok with that.
Then in 1973 came Federal Express followed by the internet in the early nineties. Our grandkids will probably grow up expecting product in minutes because some trekkie will figure out how to make the transporter practical.

(in reply to jshan)
Post #: 167
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 2:39:43 AM   
rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

Ah, Erik. I know this has probably been answered somewhere or the other, but how are you shipping them? I ask because I leave Thursday for my wife and my 40th high school reunion. If it's coming UPS, it will probably sit on my front step for some time before I return. If it is, I probably need to alert one of my parishioners to be on the lookout.
Grazi,
Rick

My 20th is this year...you aren't as old as you try to make out to be...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 168
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 3:55:12 AM   
mlees

Thanks for the updates, Erik. (I ordered a physical copy only, as well.) And thanks for the hard work in trying to get all these snafu's worked out.

(I don't blaim custom's, they're just doing the job they were told to do.)

If you are allowed to divulge, was the response (orders) for this title larger than expected?

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 169
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 4:02:29 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

quote:

quote:

Grazi,
Rick

I skipped my 20th 4 years ago. I got married that week instead.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 170
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 11:16:45 AM   
Curty

My cd /manual has finally arrived. The manual is somewhat smaller than i thought.

Glad to see that it's not ring-bound, as with previous experience, the pages come away all too easily after a while

Post #: 171
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 1:05:21 PM   
RevRick

quote:

quote:

quote:

Grazi,
Rick

I'll be 60 tomorrow. And I still feel like I'm 18 inside. Trouble is, my body says "No, you ain't either!" far too often. Now, 60 isn't that old, and I still get along well with my youth group (Heck, I play bass and sing with them!), but I'm looking more like Santa Clause each day instead of that trim, dark bearded young steamer I used to be.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 172
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 1:16:33 PM   
moonraker65

Yay . Got mine today. Thanks to Erik and everybody at Matrix.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 173
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 1:51:40 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Grazi,
Rick

I'll be 60 tomorrow. And I still feel like I'm 18 inside. Trouble is, my body says "No, you ain't either!" far too often. Now, 60 isn't that old, and I still get along well with my youth group (Heck, I play bass and sing with them!), but I'm looking more like Santa Clause each day instead of that trim, dark bearded young steamer I used to be.

Happy Early Birthday, Reverend!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 174
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 6:02:42 PM   
TalonCG2

quote:

The manuals have been received at the US warehouse, finally. We are now applying all the little labels.

Just out of curiosity, how many labels/manuals are we talking about?

Clear skies and tailwinds,
Chuck

Post #: 175
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 6:08:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

A lot of labels ...and they're little ones too.

We delivered the sample manuals and the required form via courier to Customs this morning for their evaluation. We are just waiting for word back. The best case scenario is they approve it today based on the samples and we start shipping today or tomorrow morning from the US warehouse. The worst case scenarios is they randomly decide they want to inspect all the other labels on all the other manuals on-site at the warehouse at their convenience. If that happens, all bets are off as the timing will be entirely out of our control. We are obviously hoping for the first outcome, which we are told is more likely.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TalonCG2)
Post #: 176
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/5/2009 7:25:22 PM   
hellfirejet

Brilliant I received the boxed version today here in the UK,just one little hitch. the manual was slightly to thick to fit within the box, due to the plastic retention supports.So I cut them from the box,so now the manual just lets the box close,fantastic manual by the way,just love the game.

Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Post #: 177
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 2:34:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

Customs did not find time in their day to look at our two sample manuals today and approve them. Hopefully tomorrow.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to hellfirejet)
Post #: 178
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 2:46:35 AM   
thegreatwent

Erik if you were evil you could post their phone number and let us AE addicts drive them nuts. Oh wait that may backfire with bureaucrats.

Post #: 179
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 2:48:01 AM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

Customs did not find time in their day to look at our two sample manuals today and approve them. Hopefully tomorrow.

This is insane, its like fate doesn't want me to play this.

Art by rogueusmc.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI