Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AVF crew bailout! Help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AVF crew bailout! Help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AVF crew bailout! Help! - 10/30/2000 3:27:00 PM   
molset

Hi! Isnt there supposed to be a option to let a tank crew bail out! Ive looked everywhere and punched every button. Here is a situation where I would rather have had a bail out than a shoot out! After a horrendous defeat in the Bocage terrain in the Utah to Rhine Campaign I got the retreat scenario. A couple of my tank crews are getting pretty close to my heart since they are no longer in term of kills, single digit midgets. Towards the end of the scen 2lt Vitzer was strandet in his immobilized tank after having defeated two Mark IV panzers at close range. Fortunately his battlegroup buddies did not abandon him. Had they know that a Tiger tank was rumbling behind the smoke screen they had set up they just might have bolted for the town and saved their hide. Fortunately the team stuck together and 2lt Edwards scratched that Tiger with his bazoka (taking his 7 th kill). The situation was saved but could just have gone the other way around, most likely witht the loss of my potential hero, 2lt Vitzer. Before the atack i would have opted for a bail out of the crew rather than wait for almost certain death. After all that was Michael Wittman did in Villers Bocage after his Tiger got immobilized (and lived a couple of weeks longer). Regards Molset "Jakki er ekki frakki, nema sidur se".

Post #: 1
- 10/30/2000 5:14:00 PM   
Arralen

Try the "9" key A.

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 2
- 10/30/2000 10:19:00 PM   
molset

Thanks Arralen! It must have been just to obvious. Regards Molset "Jakki er ekki frakki nema sidur se"

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 3
- 10/30/2000 10:37:00 PM   
ncpanther

aaaaaahhh thats where it is. now just to be more confusing, is that the F9 or just plain 9 key?? ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!! [This message has been edited by ncpanther (edited October 30, 2000).]

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 4
- 10/30/2000 11:29:00 PM   
GI Joe

F9 is surrender so be careful...

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 5
- 11/1/2000 12:30:00 AM   
Lurker

All well and good, but what if your people are abandoning their vehicles a little _too_ quickly? I've had crew bail on my Wolverines after getting hit by some shots. How do I get them backin again? The obvious answer is "9" again, but I've tried that, and they just stand around looking at the opposing enemy. Any takers on this problem?

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. " -General George S. Patton

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 6
- 11/1/2000 12:43:00 AM   
Dave_R

quote:

Originally posted by Lurker: All well and good, but what if your people are abandoning their vehicles a little _too_ quickly? I've had crew bail on my Wolverines after getting hit by some shots. How do I get them backin again? The obvious answer is "9" again, but I've tried that, and they just stand around looking at the opposing enemy. Any takers on this problem?
You've got to get their suppression right down before they will re mount. Think about it. If the crews been shook up enough to bail out, thay ain't going to be too keen to get back in. It can take two, three turns before the crew re-mount, then they do it automatically. Think of the time being spent, as the time needed by the commander trying to 'persuaid' the rest of the crew that they will be better off inside their tank then out of it!

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 7
- 11/1/2000 1:25:00 AM   
BlitzSS

If they take casualties their suppression will be increased, but if that can be overcome does the number of men left limit the same crew from remanning this vehicle? Does a reduce crew have a reduced performance?

"Nuts"

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 8
- 11/1/2000 2:05:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

That's a good question. Based only on my recollection, I don't think their abilities are reduced by having less than a full crew. It is, however, more difficult to get supression the whole way down to zero if they have taken casualties. ------------------ Target, Cease Fire !

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 9
- 11/2/2000 8:15:00 AM   
ncpanther

Which leads to this question: Can the crew of a different vehicle reman another vehicle of the same type?? Example: a T34 gets destroyed but the crew survives, the crew of another abondans its tank and is killed, Can the crew of the destroyed t34 move to the abondand t34 and reman it?? I've tried this several times with no luck, but the crews only seem to last a short time. Maybe if they lived longer? Just want to know if I'm wasting my time moving them to a different tank? ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 10
- 11/2/2000 9:02:00 PM   
BA Evans

Nope, you can only re-crew the specific vehicle you started the game with. BA Evans
quote:

Originally posted by ncpanther: Which leads to this question: Can the crew of a different vehicle reman another vehicle of the same type?? Example: a T34 gets destroyed but the crew survives, the crew of another abondans its tank and is killed, Can the crew of the destroyed t34 move to the abondand t34 and reman it?? I've tried this several times with no luck, but the crews only seem to last a short time. Maybe if they lived longer? Just want to know if I'm wasting my time moving them to a different tank?

(in reply to molset)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AVF crew bailout! Help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI