Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Physical Shipment Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 2:19:19 AM   
khyberbill

quote:

However, it's late enough in the day (Warehouse closes at 4PM on Fridays) that we're not sure how many orders, if any, will ship out today. I'm hoping at least a few will make it out the door. Regardless, we should be fulfilling all the other back-orders on Monday.

I received notice late today that mine had shipped. ymmv

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 241
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 2:47:33 AM   
LST Express

The best laid schemes of mice and men. A year from now nobody will remember a late delivery.  That is one cool avatar you got DivePac88!

(in reply to hurtzDonut)
Post #: 242
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:44:56 AM   
scott64

Received email today, was shipped today.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to LST Express)
Post #: 243
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:55:02 AM   
dorjun driver

I'ld hit the big green button on V22 Osprey, but he/she is simply too precious.  How old is this person, six?  I'm surprised Mummy and Daddy let this idget near a keyboard.

Aside from that,

Thanks Erik.  Mine is in the post.  Keep up the goodly works and get some sleep.

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to hurtzDonut)
Post #: 244
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:55:10 AM   
AlanBernardo

Aw, too bad. Couldn't Matrix have taken all the big complainers and sent their copies later, sending instead the copies of those who waited patiently, without a word?

I understand. That might have taken too long. Justice is hardly ever served, as the saying goes. :)

Alan

(in reply to Ron Belcher)
Post #: 245
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 4:40:58 AM   
joe chod

Happy that it is being shipped now but a bit of a bummer that I am seeing US folks saying they received e mail confirmations that their game shipped.  I ordered on 27 July in the a.m. EST and have an order e amail confirmation of said order but no ship e mail.  Guess there was a lot of orders that morning too.  My bad I did not order digital download also but rural location and dial up for download would work out to be like playing Japanse side equipped as War Plan Orange meets US side equipped 1945 WITP!Sounds like its worth the wait.  hopefully the 30 day or so "patch" won't disrupt much works in progress.  Would hate to start a GC with that suspense so close as we speak.  Just saying...........

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

(in reply to AlanBernardo)
Post #: 246
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 4:52:22 AM   
V22 Osprey

I get it guys.Fine, you guys want to be like that.I'm leaving this forum.I'm obviously not welcomed here.

quote:

I'ld hit the big green button on V22 Osprey, but he/she is simply too precious. How old is this person, six? I'm surprised Mummy and Daddy let this idget near a keyboard.

you can respectfully kiss my ass.

quote:

Aw, too bad. Couldn't Matrix have taken all the big complainers and sent their copies later, sending instead the copies of those who waited patiently, without a word?

I understand. That might have taken too long. Justice is hardly ever served, as the saying goes. :)

Alan

I'm not trying to make enemies here.But you guys keep attacking me with the comments.You can also respectfully kiss my ass as well.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 8/8/2009 4:53:22 AM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to joe chod)
Post #: 247
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:16:16 AM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

I get it guys.Fine, you guys want to be like that.I'm leaving this forum.I'm obviously not welcomed here.

quote:

I'ld hit the big green button on V22 Osprey, but he/she is simply too precious. How old is this person, six? I'm surprised Mummy and Daddy let this idget near a keyboard.

you can respectfully kiss my ass.

quote:

Alan

I'm not trying to make enemies here.But you guys keep attacking me with the comments.You can also respectfully kiss my ass as well.

Really, now, it's quite simple. WAIT. The game will come, and then you'll only look silly.

But it's too late for that now.

Alan

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 248
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:18:29 AM   
V22 Osprey

Before I go.

I apologize to Erik if I offeneded him in anyway.

To rest of you guys:You are good bunch of guys.However calling someone an idget doesn't reflect that at all nor does mean sarcastic comments.

I admit I whined and complained alot, but I'm a teenager, what were expecting guys?It seemed like you guys forgot I'm not an adult that has the greatest patience in the world.

I will continue to buy matrix games, regardless wether I'm welcomed or not.

Good day.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 249
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:19:11 AM   
rogueusmc

Come on man...gotta get a thicker skin (it'll be very useful when you get older) and chill with us. Things go along really well when folks don't take themselves and others too seriously.

I probably enjoy this forum more than the games when it's all said and done.

I find that folks relate better to me when I question instead of criticize. You can only justifiably criticize when you can do better. You can say anything you want to anyone as long as it's said with the proper tact and respect given a fellow human being. This works with your teachers, your parents, your president and those you meet in everyday passing.

I hope you stick around. You, as I have, will learn alot from the folks here.

Semper Fi,
Lee

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 250
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:50:31 AM   
bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Customs in the US is nothing compared to what we have here in Brazil.  On a trip to the US I forgot my camera and my friend mailed it to me.  Customs decided that I had to pay tax on a 3 year old digital camera that was mine.  I had no choice as the memory cards had all the pics from the trip so I paid more in tax than the camera cost me new in the US. 

In due time physical shipments will go out.

I don't know about that... I ran the warranty department for a small US bicycle manufacturer. I remember that when a Canadian would send back a bike frame for us to repair, we would have to pay import duties on a bike that we had built!!!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 251
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:52:38 AM   
bradfordkay

Erik, thanks for all your hard work dealing with this little foul up. Your efforts are greatly appreciated among the community here.

BTW: I received my shipment confirmation e-mail today. Hooray!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 252
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 6:10:31 AM   
AttuWatcher

quote:

4)I was trying to move on, but you want to bring up my whining again.I should whine just to bite you in the a$$.

I fail to see how continuing to force the issue even after Erik has informed us that it is resolved is moving on.
That said, as my post count rapidly rises in this thread it appears I'm not doing a good job of moving on either, which is why this will be my last post on the matter.

By leaving the forum you aren't proving anything other than immaturity. I don't think anyone wants you out of here. These so called attacks by many are not meant as an insults but advice. You can't expect a bunch of guys on a groggy old wargaming forum to give advice the way mommy does, so as rogue said, get a thicker skin, stick around, and chill with us.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 253
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 6:20:43 AM   
V22 Osprey

You guys are confusing me.I first get called an idget, now you want me to stay and it's immature to leave?I'm confused here.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 254
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 6:45:19 AM   
DivePac88

V22 Osprey; I would just say don’t take the discussion to seriously, it’s all about the game… the big beautiful game, and yours is on its way.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 255
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 6:46:00 AM   
dorjun driver

quote:

You guys are confusing me.I first get called an idget, now you want me to stay and it's immature to leave?I'm confused here.

You will grow out of it.

I promise.

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 256
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 7:34:33 AM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

Before I go.

I apologize to Erik if I offeneded him in anyway.

To rest of you guys:You are good bunch of guys.However calling someone an idget doesn't reflect that at all nor does mean sarcastic comments.

I admit I whined and complained alot, but I'm a teenager, what were expecting guys?It seemed like you guys forgot I'm not an adult that has the greatest patience in the world.

I will continue to buy matrix games, regardless wether I'm welcomed or not.

Good day.

Hey, it's no big deal. In the scheme of things, this is MINOR.

Patience comes with age, is all.

Alan

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 257
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 9:34:42 AM   
CEDeaton

quote:

1)A couple weeks is along time when you have 30 days of summer vacation left.(2 weeks is a half of a month last time I checked.)

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty"

The problem has been resolved. Your game will be there any day now. Smile just a little bit. Someday, after you've had a job, you will discover that things don't always go perfectly according to plans and there's nothing you can do about it except work through it. On that score, I think the guys at Matrix did a great job. Quickly unscrewing a government mess-up is no small task.

I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation, but if a month is all the time you had to start with, I've got to ask why you would have chosen to buy the quintessential MONSTER strategy game of all time?

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 258
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 9:40:11 AM   
CEDeaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: ool

Hey Eric,

Using the same printers for Grigsby's coming air war game release??

That's funny. China will have been wiped out by glacial erosion before that game manual needs printing!

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 259
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 10:43:17 AM   
jimh009

Hi Erik,

The delay in the shipping of the game has caused an unexpected problem for me. I discovered yesterday that where I had the game mailed to (a UPS store, where I have a mailbox) will be closing this Monday. So, I need the address to where you're shipping the game changed.

Anyway to do this?

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 260
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 12:36:25 PM   
PzB74

Going to the mailbox to see what Santa brought me (again) - hopefully I've been a good boy this time!-) Order status" Order fulfilled" and shipped last Monday so it should be about time.

So many things I need to read and review that the physical manual is a real must...tried to print parts of it yesterday only to see my printer run out of inc

Also went to a local copy shop with the 64mb AE map (including resources) and ordered a desk sized print Cost me but should be well worth it, doubt that the missus will allow me to put it up in the bedroom ceiling...but I'll find a place!-)

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to jimh009)
Post #: 261
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 12:39:30 PM   
dorjun driver

quote:

doubt that the missus will allow me to put it up in the bedroom ceiling...but I'll find a place!-

That is sick and disgusting. As it should be.

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

JT

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 262
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:46:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: dorjun driver
I'ld hit the big green button on V22 Osprey, but he/she is simply too precious.  How old is this person, six?  I'm surprised Mummy and Daddy let this idget near a keyboard.

Personal insults are against the forum rules, consider yourself warned. You can disagree with V22 but name-calling is not a sign of maturity either.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 263
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:48:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: joe chod
Happy that it is being shipped now but a bit of a bummer that I am seeing US folks saying they received e mail confirmations that their game shipped.  I ordered on 27 July in the a.m. EST and have an order e amail confirmation of said order but no ship e mail.  Guess there was a lot of orders that morning too.

Yes, there were a LOT of orders that morning. I'm glad some were fulfilled yesterday, but I knew it would not be all of them with the notice of approval coming so late. We should be able to get all the remaining back-orders out on Monday, so not much longer to wait. Shipments out do go in the order they were received.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to joe chod)
Post #: 264
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:52:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

You're welcome here, however, I agree with the respectful advice some others have given you. Patience and a thicker skin will help you a lot later on.

Personal insults are not allowed here. The member who insulted you was in violation of our rules and when you responded to him and another member by saying "kiss my ass", respectfully or not, you were in violation of the rules as well. Let's chill out, step back and shake hands. The physical copies are shipping out and none of us had any ability to predict or avoid the delays that happened. What folks were trying to tell you is not that you were unwelcome, but that this was a situation effectively out of anyone's control and in that kind of situation, it's best to just ride it out.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 265
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:56:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ool
Using the same printers for Grigsby's coming air war game release??

Just to be clear on this, we normally use printers in the US for all our manuals. Almost every manual up until this one has been printed in the US. However, when we got a quote from our usual printer on printing this 330 page full color behemoth, we decided that we had to look elsewhere to at least explore our options.

We will continue to use our US printer for other manuals and when we evaluate the "real cost" of this experience with the printer in China, we will consider the printing cost, shipping cost, extra time, cost and frustration dealing with international shipping and customs and what were "lessons learned" that we can reasonably expect to change if we do this again and what were unavoidable and likely repeatable obstacles. As a side note, our US printer has been a week or more late in the past for other reasons, but overall this was definitely the most frustrating manual printing experience we've had and resolving it sucked up way too much of our limited staff resources.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 266
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 3:58:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimh009
The delay in the shipping of the game has caused an unexpected problem for me. I discovered yesterday that where I had the game mailed to (a UPS store, where I have a mailbox) will be closing this Monday. So, I need the address to where you're shipping the game changed.
Anyway to do this?

Might be possible depending on if it already shipped out or not. You need to e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com immediately with your order ID and contact info as well as the old and new shipping address and I'll see if I can get it changed in time. I have to say though that changing an address at the last minute can also carry some risk of confusion at the warehouse - did the UPS store make no arrangements for forwarding mail? I'm sure a lot of packages that were en route will still be arriving to their address during the week after they close.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 8/8/2009 3:59:07 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jimh009)
Post #: 267
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:21:06 PM   
ool

Eric,

I think you've done a fabulous job in the face of unexpected adversity.

Thanks for your efforts!

Post #: 268
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:22:36 PM   
Johnus

V22 Osprey:

You are welcome here. As you age you will find that disappointments in life, big and small, will continue to plague you. You will learn, or accept, this and realize that it is almost always better to relax and reflect rather than express your disappointment or anger, especially in print.

This advice applies as well to anyone who calls you an idiot, or ridicules youth in this forum.

Post #: 269
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 5:57:32 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

You're welcome here, however, I agree with the respectful advice some others have given you. Patience and a thicker skin will help you a lot later on.

Let's see now, I turned 18 in 1975. I was more of an idiot and thin-skinned than Osprey by far. Thirty years of experience (that's about 1050 days or
25, 200 hours, which boils down to 1, 512, 000 minutes, which is further distilled to 90, 720, 000 seconds) has taught me a lot.

And this is with little or no guidance, as we all know what the 60s and 70s were about.

Osprey will turn out fine, probably better than most of us here. :)

Alan

Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI