Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> 2 Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 Problems - 6/3/2002 9:37:07 AM   
Frizz

The two main problems I'm having with UV make it all but unplayable.

I'm currently in the "Decision in the Pacific" campaign on Dec 16 playing as the Allies. During the turn 1 of two things seem to happen:

1-The Japanese launch an airstrike at Lunga and my system crashes every time.

2-Due to weather or whatever an air strike at Lunga isn't launched but when the turn ends the computer AI gives me control of the Japanese side for some reason and it's only a 1 player game. Is this some form of surrender? :p

Anyway this is a great game too bad it's so buggy, sometimes it seems to crash when I'm making my moves for no apparent reason at all. I really hope it gets a patch soon since I can't be the only one having problems.
Post #: 1
Crashes... - 6/3/2002 10:02:40 AM   
Erik Rutins

Frizz,

I haven't had UV crash on me at all, for what it's worth, in six months of testing and playing. There are players experiencing crashes, but so far they are a very small percentage of UV owners. We are addressing these issues and hopefully the first patch will help out with stability on systems that are having problems.

We'll need you to give us more system information and check out the troubleshooting FAQ. Most likely, something very specific in your system is disagreeing with UV and we need to find out what that is.

Also, have you tried playing with both sides as human on your system, manually assigning strikes to Lunga and seeing if they cause a crash? What happens if you tell the computer to play both sides?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Frizz)
Post #: 2
- 6/3/2002 1:31:32 PM   
JohnK

It actually is remarkably stable for many players. I've probably played it for over 20 hours and had a grand total of three crashes to desktop.

It's actually one of the LEAST buggy new simulations I've seen in years.

You probably don't like hearing this, but it's something having to do with your system or something you're running in the background.

(in reply to Frizz)
Post #: 3
- 6/3/2002 6:22:10 PM   
AlvinS

I keep the game running for hours on end and have never had a crash. I do keep programs in the background to a minimum. Virus software can sometimes cause a program to become unstable. You might try shutting that down if you have it running while you are playing.

Hope this helps.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Frizz)
Post #: 4
Update - 6/6/2002 10:30:02 AM   
Frizz

Ok I've tried playing thru again a few times from previous saves but keep running into the same thing:

During combat resolution the Japanese try to launch an air strike from Truk at my convoys way down near Gili Gili then the game crashes. Odd thing is the strike shows the fighters heading NW from Truk but my convoys are due SW quite a way off for the Zeros to be attacking. I've tried docking convoys but then the same thing happens to any ships I have in the area even up to the ones near Gasmata. Seems like they think my ships are farther north than they really are or something.

(in reply to Frizz)
Post #: 5
- 6/6/2002 10:57:07 AM   
Hartmann

If this happens always with the same savefile, you should zip it and send it in.

I had crashes, too, but they (almost) disappeared since I turned the hardware acceleration for the sound off. The only sideeffect of this is that the game is somewhat slower and the music sometimes suffers from delays. Much better than crashes, though. :) I originally turned the acceleration off because of another reason (sudden noise), but it affected stability, too.

Hartmann

(in reply to Frizz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> 2 Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI