Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

coral sea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> coral sea Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
coral sea - 8/11/2009 10:10:55 PM   
waynec

wow just put 2 torpedoes into shoho just south of rabaul. that should sink her given earlier bomb damage. i have played AE coral sea about 6 times. i like the smaller scenarios. would have preferred the us carriers starting from noumea but, like chess, sometimes the opening moves are the same so it's not a big deal. also the number of land units is very low compared to WitP so any land-based a/c strategies or setting up a seaplane base at ndeni are out.
i like the search quandrants and the more realistic CAP and the waypoints.
every play (i was always the allies) was different. i won 3, lost one (lost everything when the jap CVs were west of rossel island) and won one but got beat up in the process. some subs were sunk, some got a few hits, sometimes i never saw the jap CVs and sometimes wished i didn't. sometimes my TF got hit with NELLs . for a small scenario each playing is really different.

now if we could get a solomons scenario staring may42 through feb43 like in WitP.

Attachment (1)

If the little things annoy you, maybe that's because the big things are going well.
Post #: 1
RE: coral sea - 8/11/2009 10:16:20 PM   
waynec

well just found the 2 jap CVs in this playing. they bombed noumea. my carriers are off the australian coast, each with damage but operational. another surprise.

2 days later yorktown is now a reef off of townsville but i won the scenario.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by waynec -- 8/12/2009 8:46:00 PM >

(in reply to waynec)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> coral sea Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI