Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/8/2009 4:42:26 PM   
GREAPER

It's been well over a week and nothing from support on my issue. I made it to day 17 operation nightfall. The game crashes whenever these unknown targets appear and anyone engages them. Even launching a probe will cause a crash. I have installed the 5.01 patch, but the file ( starshaterupdate.dat ) will not stay enabled in the mod screen. I select it , enable it, then apply it. I go right back and it's disabled again. Even if I just start playing the game without going back I know the patch isn't working. My fighter fuel usage is still high and the landing cue on carriers is still causing ships to crash. I have re-installed the game to start from scratch and still this patch will not work. I am istalling from the disk I purchased ver. 5.0 I suggest unless your a real tech head and can solve your own issues do not buy games from matrix and expect them to stand by them. I know starshatter is an old title, but I've purchased even older titles from other sites and have recieved support within 48 hrs. Even if it's just some sugestions and to let me know there working on my problem. I would appreciate any help I can get. Though I doubt I will ever buy another game from matrix.
Post #: 1
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/8/2009 4:51:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

What is your Help Desk request number? I'll find out why you haven't received an answer. It could be we are waiting on a reply from the developer.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 2
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/11/2009 9:29:16 PM   
GREAPER

MY issue ID: 2916 ( they asked I responded still no help )

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/12/2009 1:31:20 AM   
GREAPER

Just to be fair. Matrix did offer me a refund for the game. I have declined that offer because I enjoy playing this game. I would just really like to see the end of it. If that is possible. I guess the real blame here lies with the developers. They were in to much of a hurry to cash there paychecks before making a truely playable game. A game you can not finish is still a concept, not a game. Do not put any more money in (Destroyer Studios) pockets for this concept of a game. In closing. I do not want to hear any B.S about my system. The game plays just fine until operation nightshade. That is not my system it's the game. If your thinking about buying it. It is a fantastic space sim. Just don't buy it at full price. Full price is for a full game.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 4
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/13/2009 3:17:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

We've decided to discontinue this as we can no longer get any response from the developer. However, I saw that you were only updated to 5.01. Have you not tried the 5.03 Public Beta?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 5
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/13/2009 11:35:18 PM   
GREAPER

Well as you can see Matrix has given up on starshatter. The game has been discontinued. I do not put the fault on Matrix. I would never buy another game with ( Destroyer Studios ) name attached to it. However matrix did tell me to try the 5.03 beta update. They just did not tell me where I might find the download for this update. If anyone can point me in the right direction towards this download I would greatly apprieciate it. It is not on the Destroyer studios page for starshatter nor the matrix update page. I will continue to buy games from Matrix. In the end they were willing to take the hit for selling a incomplete game. Though they never should have sold it ( at full price ) in the first place. They were well aware of the problems with this title. It's really a shame to. It could have been a great game.

Post #: 6
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/14/2009 12:45:09 AM   
Erik Rutins

Greaper,

You can find the 5.03 Public Beta update in our Members Club (the Members Link in the top nav bar on our site). If you register your copy of Starshatter TGS with your serial number, you should be able to download it.

We'll also move that to a more public downloads area given that the game is now discontinued.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 7
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/14/2009 9:20:02 PM   
GREAPER

I have been to the members area. My game is registered. When I try to download file ( StarShatterTheGatheringStorm-updateDR-v503PublicBeta.zip ) nothing happens except the page timing out. I have turned off all security software as well as dropping the firewall. I have tried my yahoo browser as well as explorer 8. This file will not download. What do I have to do to download this file? I had no problem downloading the game when I purchased it. Why should this file be any different? Please help!!!! Just tell me whatever hoops I gotta jump through to get this file.

Post #: 8
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/14/2009 9:46:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

Try this link:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/StarshatterTheGatheringStorm/

Note that you should download and install 5.02 before installing the 5.03 public beta.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 9
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/14/2009 10:28:00 PM   
GREAPER

Thanks, but that link got me nowhere. All I got was a little flashlight searching for a folder then the following error message. ( Error occurred opening that folder on the ftp server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder. Operation timed out. ) I really apprieciate your quick response. Is there something I'm missing. By the way when I purchased the game I bought both the physical disk which is ver.5.0 then installed the 5.01 patch that doesn't work. The version I downloaded was 5.02. I do not have that version installed at this time. If I can ever get the 5.03 patch I will try installing the 5.02 download. I just do not wish to start all over again until I have the 5.03 patch.

Post #: 10
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/14/2009 11:10:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

Odd, that link works fine here. Do you have an FTP client? If not, google for FileZilla and download and install that, then point it to ftp.matrixgames.com, port 21, user Anonymous, password Public and you should be able to get access to our public FTP downloads.

It will also be listed in our normal downloads section by Monday.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 11
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/14/2009 11:57:08 PM   
GREAPER

First of all. I would like to thank you for all your help. I will try what you have suggested and will post the results, but to be honest if it doesn't work I'm giving up. I will just have to continue to enjoy the game within it's limitations. While I have your ear. Are there any space sims that you have available now that you might recomend for purchase? I'm sure anyone following this is a fan of starshatter and would like to know as well.

Post #: 12
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/15/2009 4:03:02 PM   
GREAPER

Well I did exactly as you said. Downloaded and installed latest version of filezilla. Entered ftp.matrixgames.....user/ anonymous......password/ public.........port/ 21 Heres what I got for my effort. ERROR Connection Timed out ERROR Failed to retrive directory listing. Does this file even really exsist. I'm kinda getting sick of you guys just yanking my chain. Why can'nt you just make it available to download as easy as I downloaded filezilla. What the f**k allready.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 13
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/15/2009 4:57:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

Seriously, it works fine for me both with the link above and via FileZilla with the info I gave you. I have no idea what's going on at this point. Let's just wait until we get it posted in our normal Downloads section on Monday to decrease your frustration level. Once it's posted, you will see it here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/334/downloads/Starshatter%20-%20The%20Gathering%20Storm

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GREAPER)
Post #: 14
RE: Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS - 8/17/2009 5:37:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just FYI, the download is up there now.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Lack of support for STARSHASTTER TGS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI