Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Swordfish II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Swordfish II Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Swordfish II - 8/11/2009 2:55:54 AM   
jcjordan

Not sure if it's been mentioned but No.36 RAF w/ Vildebeests won't upgrade to anything else for whatever reason even w/ pdu on. My unit is set to upgrade to Vildebeests & when I click on it to change it to something else there's nothing on the list but Vildebeests so it'll never upgrade to anything due to a/c db settings. The other Vildebeest Sqdn being Aussie shows other OZ planes but not this Brit one.

Also in the a/c db, why are the Allied bomber type checked hvy, med, lt, attack, etc but none of the IJ bombers are?

< Message edited by jcjordan -- 8/11/2009 3:40:19 AM >

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 1501
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/11/2009 4:02:36 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not. Take a look at the bomb loads, I think it's supposed to carry 100lb bombs for normal range missions.

Jim

That's hilarious. Assuming those really ARE 20 lb bombs, I can't escape this visual image of the guy in back, leaning over the edge of the airframe, hand-dropping them!

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 1502
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/11/2009 6:34:35 AM   
jww60

This is certainly not a major issue:

Is the P-36A Mohawk supposed to be listed as a Float Fighter?

The "Amphibian" box is checked for it in slot 328 in the Aircraft database in all the official scenarios except Guadalcanal.

Jeff

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 1503
RE: AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues - 8/11/2009 11:50:09 AM   
Speedysteve

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom
If it's an R&D a/c it should be greater than zero - I think - but it's one for Andrew again. Any particular R&D factory you've got in mind?

Hey up,

All of these have 0 replace rate and 0 production rate and are rd planes set for the future in Grand Campaign 2:

Hurricane 1 Trop
" 11a "
DC-2
F2A-2P Buffalo
R-12
B339-23
G-2
P-39D 42/08
Boomerang C-12
F-10 Mitchell
PV-1N Ventura
P70A-1 Havoc
F4U2
Swordfish II
PB2Y-5 Coronado
PV-2 Harpoon
Boomerang C-19
B25J 11 Mitchell
PBY-6A
P-61C Black Widow

Am I missing something here or are factories due to upgrade to these guys when they are produceable?

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 1504
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/11/2009 3:52:39 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: jww60

The "Amphibian" box is checked for it in slot 328 in the Aircraft database in all the official scenarios except Guadalcanal.

Jeff

It's already been fixed in the first patch.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to jww60)
Post #: 1505
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/11/2009 4:22:16 PM   
jww60

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: jww60

Jeff

It's already been fixed in the first patch.

Thank you

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1506
RE: Swordfish II - 8/11/2009 6:56:29 PM   
bsq

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Not sure if it's been mentioned but No.36 RAF w/ Vildebeests won't upgrade to anything else for whatever reason even w/ pdu on. My unit is set to upgrade to Vildebeests & when I click on it to change it to something else there's nothing on the list but Vildebeests so it'll never upgrade to anything due to a/c db settings. The other Vildebeest Sqdn being Aussie shows other OZ planes but not this Brit one.

Also in the a/c db, why are the Allied bomber type checked hvy, med, lt, attack, etc but none of the IJ bombers are?

Because they suffered almost the same fate as 100 Sqn similarly equipped.

From their history:

Heavy losses resulted in the aircraft of No 36 and No 100 Squadrons being pooled and eventually withdrawn to Java and Sumatra where last two were lost on 7 March, effectively ending the career of No 36 Squadron, which ceased to exist on the 8th (March 1941).

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1507
RE: Swordfish II - 8/12/2009 2:06:25 AM   
jcjordan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bsq

quote:

From their history:

Heavy losses resulted in the aircraft of No 36 and No 100 Squadrons being pooled and eventually withdrawn to Java and Sumatra where last two were lost on 7 March, effectively ending the career of No 36 Squadron, which ceased to exist on the 8th (March 1941).

Yes that may be history but w/ pdu on I should be able to change it to something else if I wanted to if the unit is still in play before it's w/d date And it does come back later on in the game w/ Wellingtons.

Another question along these lines for the Devs/Airteam guys, say I was to lose an air unit before it's w/d date & it was attached to a restricted command be it by base overrun or sunk on ship, does it come back if it has a d/b entry to? Like No.36 RAF is at start & a restricted command & I lose it in Malaya but in the db it has a 2nd entry to come back later on in the war but in the db that isn't X'd as an active unit (many things like this in air group db for units that w/d but come back later in war)

(in reply to bsq)
Post #: 1508
RE: Swordfish II - 8/12/2009 8:03:18 AM   
Sardaukar

Computer seems to have tendency to change CAP to 100 % LRCAP without mentioning it anywhere, for example, protecting nearby TF under attack. It would be OK, if it would revert then back to original orders. But no, it stays 100% LRCAP and you have no way to know this unless you happen to check your air units during next turn. This leads to massive ops losses and pilot fatigue within couple of turns. 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1509
RE: Swordfish II - 8/12/2009 9:36:04 AM   
herwin

The following problem might be worth looking at: message thread on follow and meet commands

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1510
RE: AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues - 8/12/2009 10:58:50 AM   
Speedysteve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

quote:

If it's an R&D a/c it should be greater than zero - I think - but it's one for Andrew again. Any particular R&D factory you've got in mind?

Hey up,

All of these have 0 replace rate and 0 production rate and are rd planes set for the future in Grand Campaign 2:

Hurricane 1 Trop
" 11a "
DC-2
F2A-2P Buffalo
R-12
B339-23
G-2
P-39D 42/08
Boomerang C-12
F-10 Mitchell
PV-1N Ventura
P70A-1 Havoc
F4U2
Swordfish II
PB2Y-5 Coronado
PV-2 Harpoon
Boomerang C-19
B25J 11 Mitchell
PBY-6A
P-61C Black Widow

Am I missing something here or are factories due to upgrade to these guys when they are produceable?

Bump

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 1511
RE: AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues - 8/12/2009 3:00:55 PM   
fcam1387

I've noticed that some Claude and Nate squadrons have no upgrade path to the Zero and Nate, respectively. This is an issue when playing the AI where you have to de-select PDUs. Is this intentional?

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 1512
RE: Swordfish II - 8/12/2009 10:03:29 PM   
timtom

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemike

Shouldn't the Kawasaki Ha-60 engine be the Kawasaki Ha-40?

Engines represents an amalgam of different types, hence we use the joint Army/Navy system of designation whenever possible - in this case "Ha-60" for the engine formely known as Ha-40.

quote:

quote:

quote:

From their history:

Yes that may be history but w/ pdu on I should be able to change it to something else if I wanted to if the unit is still in play before it's w/d date And it does come back later on in the game w/ Wellingtons.

I'm a tad puzzled by this one. The returning 36 Sqn redeploys to the MTO 5/43 (-ish) so is set to disband (taking a/c and pilots with it), however the first iteration is to withdraw (a/c and pilots to pool as default). Will have to take a closer look.

quote:

Another question along these lines for the Devs/Airteam guys, say I was to lose an air unit before it's w/d date & it was attached to a restricted command be it by base overrun or sunk on ship, does it come back if it has a d/b entry to? Like No.36 RAF is at start & a restricted command & I lose it in Malaya but in the db it has a 2nd entry to come back later on in the war but in the db that isn't X'd as an active unit (many things like this in air group db for units that w/d but come back later in war)

The 2nd entry should appear regardless just as long as the 1st entry is permanently out of play. Don't worry about them not being "X'd" (marked as active) in the DB.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Computer seems to have tendency to change CAP to 100 % LRCAP without mentioning it anywhere, for example, protecting nearby TF under attack. It would be OK, if it would revert then back to original orders. But no, it stays 100% LRCAP and you have no way to know this unless you happen to check your air units during next turn. This leads to massive ops losses and pilot fatigue within couple of turns.

Known bug.

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

The following problem might be worth looking at: message thread on follow and meet commands

Wrong tree?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey up,

Hurricane 1 Trop
" 11a "
DC-2
F2A-2P Buffalo
R-12
B339-23
G-2
P-39D 42/08
Boomerang C-12
F-10 Mitchell
PV-1N Ventura
P70A-1 Havoc
F4U2
Swordfish II
PB2Y-5 Coronado
PV-2 Harpoon
Boomerang C-19
B25J 11 Mitchell
PBY-6A
P-61C Black Widow

Bump

Jeez, some people...

Anyway, some of them do and some don't. The last six on that list should come into production via upgrades of factories. The rest a limited issue and will arrive with units, sometimes in some numbers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcam1387

I've noticed that some Claude and Nate squadrons have no upgrade path to the Zero and [Oscar], respectively. This is an issue when playing the AI where you have to de-select PDUs. Is this intentional?

Propably, but difficult to say without knowing which units are being referred to

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 1513
RE: Swordfish II - 8/13/2009 12:29:02 AM   
jcjordan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemike

Shouldn't the Kawasaki Ha-60 engine be the Kawasaki Ha-40?

Engines represents an amalgam of different types, hence we use the joint Army/Navy system of designation whenever possible - in this case "Ha-60" for the engine formely known as Ha-40.

quote:

quote:

quote:

From their history:

I'm a tad puzzled by this one. The returning 36 Sqn redeploys to the MTO 5/43 (-ish) so is set to disband (taking a/c and pilots with it), however the first iteration is to withdraw (a/c and pilots to pool as default). Will have to take a closer look.

quote:

The 2nd entry should appear regardless just as long as the 1st entry is permanently out of play. Don't worry about them not being "X'd" (marked as active) in the DB.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Known bug.

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

Wrong tree?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey up,

Hurricane 1 Trop
" 11a "
DC-2
F2A-2P Buffalo
R-12
B339-23
G-2
P-39D 42/08
Boomerang C-12
F-10 Mitchell
PV-1N Ventura
P70A-1 Havoc
F4U2
Swordfish II
PB2Y-5 Coronado
PV-2 Harpoon
Boomerang C-19
B25J 11 Mitchell
PBY-6A
P-61C Black Widow

Bump

Jeez, some people...

Anyway, some of them do and some don't. The last six on that list should come into production via upgrades of factories. The rest a limited issue and will arrive with units, sometimes in some numbers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcam1387

I've noticed that some Claude and Nate squadrons have no upgrade path to the Zero and [Oscar], respectively. This is an issue when playing the AI where you have to de-select PDUs. Is this intentional?

Propably, but difficult to say without knowing which units are being referred to

Thanks TT

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 1514
RE: Swordfish II - 8/13/2009 2:45:27 AM   
Mynok

Sasebo Ku S-1 and Kawai Det are the Claudes that do not upgrade.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1515
RE: Swordfish II - 8/13/2009 5:27:41 AM   
fcam1387

Yes, I've found the:

Yamada-Det S-2
Saesbo KU S-1
3rd Hicotai IMAF

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 1516
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/13/2009 6:37:53 AM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not. Take a look at the bomb loads, I think it's supposed to carry 100lb bombs for normal range missions.

Jim

That's hilarious. Assuming those really ARE 20 lb bombs, I can't escape this visual image of the guy in back, leaning over the edge of the airframe, hand-dropping them!

the Audax is listed as a twin! not sure where that extra engine is hidden though??

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 1517
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/13/2009 11:06:04 AM   
Fletcher

I have a light dude with recon/naval search experience in the JNAF units. I.e. Yamada Det T-1 with 6 C5M2 Babs has 6 aircrafts, and the best experience pilot has naval search experience with 43 and recon with 80. I am certainly disagree, they were naval pilots working for the navy. C5M2 Babs in the navy works for naval search vs. Ki-15 Babs (the same model for the Army) that works for ground recon. Comments will be wellcomed.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

WITP-AE, WITE

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 1518
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/13/2009 12:21:51 PM   
steveh11Matrix

I don't know if this has been raised yet, but in view of the manual saying to the effect that extended range is for emergencies only, shouldn't the default range setting for air groups be "normal" and not "extended" as it is at the moment?

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 1519
RE: Swordfish II - 8/13/2009 12:26:16 PM   
Speedysteve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey up,

Hurricane 1 Trop
" 11a "
DC-2
F2A-2P Buffalo
R-12
B339-23
G-2
P-39D 42/08
Boomerang C-12
F-10 Mitchell
PV-1N Ventura
P70A-1 Havoc
F4U2
Swordfish II
PB2Y-5 Coronado
PV-2 Harpoon
Boomerang C-19
B25J 11 Mitchell
PBY-6A
P-61C Black Widow

Bump

Jeez, some people...

Happy to help

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 1520
RE: Swordfish II - 8/13/2009 12:28:04 PM   
Speedysteve

A general query on the A-29. It has no replacements coming in online yet more than a few units with the blighters in. Assuem it's intentional etc? Sheesh it's tough being Allies at game start....so few replacements........

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1521
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/13/2009 3:50:57 PM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fletcher

I have a light dude with recon/naval search experience in the JNAF units. I.e. Yamada Det T-1 with 6 C5M2 Babs has 6 aircrafts, and the best experience pilot has naval search experience with 43 and recon with 80. I am certainly disagree, they were naval pilots working for the navy. C5M2 Babs in the navy works for naval search vs. Ki-15 Babs (the same model for the Army) that works for ground recon. Comments will be wellcomed.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

It's a recon plane for the Navy thus it is most skilled in recon.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 1522
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/15/2009 11:32:40 AM   
Fletcher

Thanks for your answer, Mynok
Regards

WITP-AE, WITE

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 1523
Small air OOB oddities - 8/15/2009 7:46:49 PM   
fbs

Some oddities in Scenario 001:

15th PG/72nd PS starts with 1 aircraft and 26 pilots
15th PG/HQ Sqn is a fighter but starts on Naval Attack mission
18th PG/HQ Sqn is a trainer but starts on Naval Attack mission
19th BG/32nd BS and 19th BG/32nd BS Det are both in San Francisco - just combine them
VP-23 belongs to USN Forward AirCenPac but VP-23 Det 1 and VP-23 Det 2 belong to Pacific Fleet
VMF-211 belongs to Pacific Fleet but VMF-211 Det belongs to USN Forward AirCenPac
7th BG/9th BS and 7th BG/9th BS Det are both in San Francisco (should the main unit be in Pearl Harbor?)

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 1524
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/16/2009 8:11:09 AM   
1EyedJacks

Hi,

This unit is @ Takao on T0. Is there a reason I can't add pilots to this unit?

And another question I have - I transferred this unit to Pescadores - and all 8 of the aircraft went even though I only have 5 pilots. Weren't 3 planes supposed to stay at Takao? When I click Pilots on the bottom left and look at the pilots for this unit I only see 5...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 1EyedJacks -- 8/16/2009 8:15:28 AM >

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to Hipper)
Post #: 1525
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/16/2009 9:17:51 AM   
sven6345789

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Hi,

And another question I have - I transferred this unit to Pescadores - and all 8 of the aircraft went even though I only have 5 pilots. Weren't 3 planes supposed to stay at Takao? When I click Pilots on the bottom left and look at the pilots for this unit I only see 5...

yup, there is; it is 6 planes minus a detachment of two; recombine the unit and you should be able to fill it up.
cannot answer question 2

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1526
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/16/2009 9:32:15 AM   
langleyCV1

The Buffalo MK1 was armed with 4x0.5 machine guns in AE. However re-reading Bloody Shambles and Buffalos over Singapore, it would appear a number of Buffalos were using 0.303 brownings as wing guns. This was due to problems with the 0.5 machine guns jamming after a rounds being fired.

MJT

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 1527
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/16/2009 1:46:45 PM   
John Lansford

All four of my USN CV's have many more pilots for their fighter squadrons than are currently flying.  I've got one squadron that has 30+ pilots but only 3 men are listed as available for flying (names are white, everyone else's is black).  The manual says their names going black means they've got excess fatigue or very low experience, but neither is applicable in any of these squadrons.  I've got pilots with 11 fatigue and 70 experience flying, while there are more experienced pilots with 0 fatigue listed as black.

I've docked their ships at Pearl, I've put them on "training/rest", I've tried everything, but only a small group of pilots remain available for flying.  What is going on here?

(in reply to langleyCV1)
Post #: 1528
RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread - 8/16/2009 2:00:10 PM   
P.Hausser

Will Pilot pool limit be so high so that the game will not ever reach the death limit, and start to purge pilots from both sides at will ?

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 1529
adding pilots - 8/16/2009 4:37:38 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Hi,

yup, there is; it is 6 planes minus a detachment of two; recombine the unit and you should be able to fill it up.
cannot answer question 2

There is no option to recombine...

Here is a similiar unit with aircraft detatched. With this unit I have an option to add pilots...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 1EyedJacks -- 8/16/2009 4:39:58 PM >

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 1530
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Swordfish II Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI