Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Nandi Base force

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Nandi Base force Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/7/2009 7:46:04 PM   
John Lansford

I'm starting to have trouble with the main map screen not refreshing when scrolling, especially around the San Diego/Panama Canal area.  If I 'jump' to the Canal using the small map in the right hand corner, the main screen does not update to show that area, but the base info does.  IOW, I get the Canal bases sitting in whatever terrain was in that hex on the screen before I 'jumped'.  If I try and scroll over to the Canal, when I get there if I scroll, say, to San Diego, I get repeating base/anchorage/airfield icons.  It's only happening along the east edge of the map.  Has anyone else seen this and what to do about it?

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 781
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/8/2009 1:49:17 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

I'm starting to have trouble with the main map screen not refreshing when scrolling, especially around the San Diego/Panama Canal area.  If I 'jump' to the Canal using the small map in the right hand corner, the main screen does not update to show that area, but the base info does.  IOW, I get the Canal bases sitting in whatever terrain was in that hex on the screen before I 'jumped'.  If I try and scroll over to the Canal, when I get there if I scroll, say, to San Diego, I get repeating base/anchorage/airfield icons.  It's only happening along the east edge of the map.  Has anyone else seen this and what to do about it?

I have seen this in Witp, not (yet) in AE. Quitting and restarting the application clears it for me. It doesn't happen often, in my experience.

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 782
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/8/2009 1:13:31 PM   
John Lansford

My wife/IT expert said it was a memory issue with the graphics card, and once I rebooted the computer it was fine.  

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 783
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/8/2009 4:08:02 PM   
Chad Harrison

This not an issue so much as a question:

Will industry continue to function with *no* ground units at the base?

This is assuming no garrison needs. I am pretty sure the manual says that there is no need, but I just wanted to double check.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

Post #: 784
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/8/2009 10:09:57 PM   
tbridges

I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere but my review of the manual and my forum searches have been unsuccessful.

I'm wondering what the effects will be of abandoning bases that appear to have little strategic or economic value. I sure could use those base forces in more critical spots. If a base has no resources, like some of those in central India and Australia, is there any reason not to evacuate the supporting base force and deploy it elsewhere?

Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 785
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/8/2009 10:34:04 PM   
Mike Solli

Yes and no. It depends, really. The size of the port or airfield may make it a critical base. Location is important too. Unless the base is absolutely useless (a 0(0) airfield and port dot base for example), I try to put something in the hex, just so the nasty Allied player can't just waltz in and take it.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 786
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/8/2009 11:41:50 PM   
tbridges

Thanks Mike. I just didn't know if there was some behind the scenes script that punished the player somehow for deserting a friendly base.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 787
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/9/2009 6:07:01 AM   
Buck Beach

In WITP there was some concern as to the over abundance of supply generate at the first of the war. The RHS mod tried a couple of measures to compensated for this. One was having most resources and other production items start out in a damaged state and then rebuilt by the use of supply to achieve full production on a gradual basis (as with war damaged factories and aircraft production).

I am not suggesting that for AE, but, I would like to know if there is some sort of governor to allow production to grow gradually or other items in the game to account for the cranking up or increase of production during the war.

Post #: 788
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/9/2009 7:20:13 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

In WITP there was some concern as to the over abundance of supply generate at the first of the war. The RHS mod tried a couple of measures to compensated for this. One was having most resources and other production items start out in a damaged state and then rebuilt by the use of supply to achieve full production on a gradual basis (as with war damaged factories and aircraft production).

I am not suggesting that for AE, but, I would like to know if there is some sort of governor to allow production to grow gradually or other items in the game to account for the cranking up or increase of production during the war.

I considered starting some Allied production centres damaged, to simulate production build-up, but decided against it. I decided to keep things the same as stock, so Allied production is constant throughout the game. This is not very realistic, and I am sure it will be changed in modded scenarios (inclusing any I am responsible for, just as I added it to CHS in stock WitP). There is no new mechanism for doing this though - it can be done the same way, by making some factories/centres start in a damaged state.

Andrew

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 789
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/10/2009 4:02:32 AM   
Mynok

Suggestion: when you hover over a base and it nicely shows the aircraft factories, could we get a -rd on the ones that are just research factories?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 790
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/10/2009 9:51:56 AM   
tacfire

I see, I did not realize the yellow text was for both "very small" and "small" bases, I thought it was only for very small bases.
If that is the case, then there are 2 other bases where I see a contradiction:

1. Mili's base name is white, but the base screen shows a stacking limit of 30,000 troops
2. Ailinglaplap base - same issue

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: tacfire

Hello Andrew, I am really enjoying this new AE map.  I am playing the December 08 Grand Campaign scenario as the Japanese and I think I noticed a few minor glitches on the map:

1. Tarawa's base name is yellow color (indicating a very small size atoll 6,000 stack limit) but the base info says it is a small sized atoll island with 30,000 stack limit
2. Makin base - same issue as above 

Checked out. The bases are on "small" islands, so they should have the yellowish text as that is for both small and very small islands.

Andrew

Post #: 791
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/10/2009 1:14:09 PM   
John Lansford

When unloading TF's at certain locations, sometimes the command options ("cancel unload order", etc) are highlighted in orange.  Does this have anything to do with the size of the base being unloaded at, or something else?

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 792
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/10/2009 3:32:17 PM   
Sonny II

It means the TF cannot be fully unloaded at that port.

Post #: 793
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/10/2009 4:43:51 PM   
John Lansford

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny II

It means the TF cannot be fully unloaded at that port.

Can you elaborate on that? I'm using amphibious TF's and the base is more than large enough to accept all the men (Nadi), so what's the problem?

(in reply to Sonny II)
Post #: 794
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/10/2009 5:03:21 PM   
Mynok

You probably have some equipment that cannot be unloaded.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 795
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/10/2009 5:41:40 PM   
davidjruss

Re map distances / endurance figures

Andrew - please ignore the following as I have received a reply fron Don Bowen.

I have been trying to figure out the smallest size vessel capable of travelling between Capetown - Perth and vice versa.

However I am finding that from Capetown to Perth the task force endurance figure states the hex distance as 139 whilst from Perth to Capetown the figure shown is 233. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy?

As a further note , when setting up a round trip from Perth to Capetown the TF screen shows the Hex / endurance figure as 278 but if I change the voyage to one way the endurance figure is shown as 233 and not 139 which is 1/2 of 278

DavidR

< Message edited by DavidR -- 8/11/2009 2:41:02 PM >

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 796
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/11/2009 10:38:17 PM   
Bliztk

Miri and Brunei starts with 50% of their industries damaged. Or they have 50% surplus industries. Every Oil and refinery starts at full capacity in the game except for these two bases.

Scen 1

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 797
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/11/2009 11:44:16 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Miri and Brunei starts with 50% of their industries damaged. Or they have 50% surplus industries. Every Oil and refinery starts at full capacity in the game except for these two bases.

Scen 1

That is deliberate. These oil fields were damaged at the start of December 41 (before the game starts) due to the threat of war.

Andrew

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 798
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 6:34:38 AM   
Flying Tiger

not sure if this has already been mentioned....

i have several cargo TFs loading resources in Queenstown (west coast of Tasmania). It is about turn 10 (campaign 1), so far i have extracted about 10,000 units of resources from the base, and the base still shows 1000 available resources, which is what it started the scenario with. The base apparently produces 50 resources/day. Have i found 'the magic pudding'? Or is this a bug? Seems a little 'odd' to me!

i would not complain, but if this is a bug then unlimited resources is going to help my opponent FAR more than me down the track.....

Post #: 799
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 6:35:57 AM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

i'm having the same problem. OFTEN. an exit/ restart of the game resolves the issue, but i'm restarting multiple times PER TURN. will get frustrating real quick!

Post #: 800
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 6:43:52 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

i have several cargo TFs loading resources in Queenstown (west coast of Tasmania). It is about turn 10 (campaign 1), so far i have extracted about 10,000 units of resources from the base, and the base still shows 1000 available resources, which is what it started the scenario with. The base apparently produces 50 resources/day. Have i found 'the magic pudding'? Or is this a bug? Seems a little 'odd' to me!

i would not complain, but if this is a bug then unlimited resources is going to help my opponent FAR more than me down the track.....

Resource centers generate 20 resources per resource center point per day. So on day 10 a "50" center would have produced 10,000 resources, pretty consistent with what you're observing.

Your opponent needs a LOT of resources. So don't worry that he's got an infinite pile.

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 801
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 7:16:36 AM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

Resource centers generate 20 resources per resource center point per day. So on day 10 a "50" center would have produced 10,000 resources, pretty consistent with what you're observing.

Your opponent needs a LOT of resources. So don't worry that he's got an infinite pile.

thanks erstad. i will continue to watch it, and try to get it below 1000 if i can - my concern is that the number has not changed (up or down). But maybe i'm just loading them as fast as they are produced?

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 802
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 3:28:04 PM   
erstad

Well, you said you loaded about 10,000 so far, and that it started with 1000, and ended with 1000. So, yeah, you're loading as fast as it produces:

1000 start
Add 1000*10 turns
remove 10,000 (per your e-mail)
end up with 1000

Whether you need the resources, I don't know. Not familiar with the allied setup.

BTW, you might not be able to pull this below 1000. I don't see in the manual's sequence of play where resources are generated but in the "combat events" report the "production Phase" seems to be after the where the last load/unload phase is supposed to be so you might always have a minimum of one days production when you view the base.

< Message edited by erstad -- 8/13/2009 3:59:19 PM >

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 803
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 8:44:46 PM   
Xargun

If the location of resources is a dot base (yet you control it) does it still produce resources? or do you have to develop it first?

Xargun

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 804
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/13/2009 9:00:03 PM   
Mynok

They'll build. You might be a bit hard pressed to get them off of there until you build it up though.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 805
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/14/2009 4:31:35 AM   
jcjordan

Searched but didn't find anything on this but should there be a small shipyard repair in Perth for repairing subs & other small ships. As it is now, I'm not able to repair any eng damage on a sub there w/ it stood down or pierside settings even if it's as low as 1.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 806
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/14/2009 6:28:43 AM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

Well, you said you loaded about 10,000 so far, and that it started with 1000, and ended with 1000. So, yeah, you're loading as fast as it produces:

1000 start
Add 1000*10 turns
remove 10,000 (per your e-mail)
end up with 1000

Whether you need the resources, I don't know. Not familiar with the allied setup.

BTW, you might not be able to pull this below 1000. I don't see in the manual's sequence of play where resources are generated but in the "combat events" report the "production Phase" seems to be after the where the last load/unload phase is supposed to be so you might always have a minimum of one days production when you view the base.

thanks again erstad. good answer.

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 807
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/14/2009 7:45:49 PM   
Chad Harrison

I was not sure which thread to put this in, but since it is a build rate, I would assume this one. This might have already been brought up so . . .

Did the available and build dates for SCR-270 Radar and CPS-1 Radar get mixed up?

For Scen 1, I see the following:

1190 - Sound Detector (A) - Available Dec 1941 to Dec 1942 - Upgrades to 1191
1191 - SCR-270 Radar - Available Dec 1943 to scenario end - Upgrades to 1192
1192 - CPS-1 Radar - Available Dec 1942 to scenario end - No upgrade

Dont get me wrong, I would love to have CPS in 1943, but seems like those dates got mixed up in the editor.

Thanks!

Chad

Post #: 808
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/14/2009 7:55:07 PM   
wdolson

The dates did get a big messed up.  Already fixed for patch 1.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 809
RE: Nandi Base force - 8/14/2009 7:56:21 PM   
Chad Harrison

Great, thanks for the reply. I figured I was not the first one to notice, but you know, its hard to keep track of 1000 new threads, and 10,000 new posts each day!

I have no idea how you all can sort through all this!

Thanks again for the reply!

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Nandi Base force Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI