Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions and impressions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Some questions and impressions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions and impressions - 8/15/2009 7:15:22 AM   
CheddarLover74

First off let me say that i enjoy this game for what it attempts to accomplish and that it is out there.

#1.Why can no kicker get a field goal longer than 30 yds?If it is a 31+ yd attempt the ball falls short everytime even with kickers with 100 kicking strength.

#2. is tied into number one.Why can every punter boom a kick 50-60 yds on every attempt?The whole kicking and return game seems out of whack.

#3.Why is the running and passing game so horrible?If two teams combine for more than 10 yds rushing at the end of a quarter its an offensive outburst as well as a QB completeing more than 3 passes in every 10 attempts.

#4.Why no 4-3 defense in the default playbooks?The 3-4 is there and only a handfull of teams have ever run it as their normal defense.

#5.Why the difference in stats between a simmed and played game?A played game has the problems of above but in a simmed game you see QB's completing around 60% of their passes,running backs getting about 3.0 yds a carry and teams don't end up with 20-30 yds rushing a game.Kickers actually make field goals over 30 yds.

6.Why isn't either the physical or download version updated to the newest one?

My own impression is that with the default playbooks and player attributes the offense is stuffed as almost all running plays end at the line of scrimmage or a YD past or behind it.The passing game seems just as bad as there is no short or medium game just the long ball leading to a high incompletion rate but guys still getting 200-300 yds and 2-3 TDs because when they do actually complete a pass its a 40+ yd one.

I downloaded some third party playbooks that makes the game passable as the passing and run game seemed improved but the kicking and return game still are lacking.One new problem being that all the computer wants to do is pass the ball in the last two minutes of a quarter no matter what the scoring situation is.During the end of one half i counted 22 pass attempts by a team leading 14-0 with no run attempts meanwhile before that they had all of 15 attempts before the 2:00 warning.

I don't know what i am really trying to say but i do know that i like this game and wish there was some happy medium with the way it plays.

Post #: 1
RE: Some questions and impressions - 8/15/2009 10:10:39 AM   
hack153

this will answer some of your questions and give you add ons that make the game worth playing...

http://maxmykal-forum.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f3/just-bought-the-game-what-you-ll-need-t123.htm

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to CheddarLover74)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions and impressions - 8/16/2009 11:13:58 PM   
Mykal

All of these are really old issues Bro
Really all you need is bringing upto speed

Throw out all the default playbooks their hash
replace them with Hack's playbooks
and edit your constants file to the settings suggested by Dreamteams

and 95% of your issues will be gone

Post #: 3
RE: Some questions and impressions - 8/18/2009 3:45:51 AM   
CheddarLover74

Thank you.

If you don't mind i have a few questions.

The play and sound files are easy to figure out but i'm not sure where i should place some of the other downloads such as Tullius team profile or the salary and attendance mods?

Dreamteams constants:I read the thread over in your forum and would like to know if i should just copy and paste from the discussion?

Question for Old Coach:

I noticed one of the sites linked to has a single wing and pro-T playbook you created but it is from 2006..Are these still good?

The one area i really want to see improvement in is the ground game.I've never seen a football game gimp it so badly even with Hacks playbook.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions and impressions - 8/18/2009 3:59:30 AM   
Mykal

Tullius's programs are outside of the game programs, they dont actually go in the game
you can fire them up from your desktop and the same with the attendance and salary programs

Yes you can copy and paste dreamteams constants, no problem
but remember to make a copy of the original first, just incase you need it anytime

Post #: 5
RE: Some questions and impressions - 8/18/2009 4:02:53 AM   
CheddarLover74

Will do.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Some questions and impressions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI