Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you hear the people sing?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Do you hear the people sing?! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/7/2009 5:20:54 PM   
terje439

Turn 29

A quiet turn. Russia offers us an alliance with a royal wedding attached. We accept.
We then offer Turkey a one way non agression pact for 5 years, saying we will not attack them.
We build 2 level 5 courts, and a farm before spending all our labour.

And we take a quick look at the politics screen to see who is allied with who.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 8/8/2009 8:43:14 AM >

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 61
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/8/2009 5:41:02 AM   
Harvey Birdman

to Sardinia is also part of piedmont and is a good wool producer. Is spain getting that?

Against the ai, I'd be building courts asap to deal with expected wate in the future.

But against human opponents, shouldn't you be building docks 7(for experience and merhant income) in all your naval provinces and barracks/factory 7 in amsterdam,troyes,lemans, nantes and cleves? These would be production provinces.

troyes and nantes build up to road 7, le mans up to road 6. That will increase their max population and labour output from the factories 7.

Then barracks 4 in your other provinces for experience.

< Message edited by Harvey Birdman -- 8/8/2009 5:59:21 AM >

Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 62
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/8/2009 8:47:16 AM   
terje439

Yes, Spain keeps Sardinia, that was the deal.

Well, with our settings, production is low, and I am now above 30 provinces, so waste WILL be an issue also in pbem.
Docks - well the sea belongs to Britain I am afraid so they have lower priority than barracks. Banks and farms are crucial to keep our economy and food production going as the game progresses. Factories will be built as time progresses but there simply is not enough labour being produced. My income is way to low

I have to expect that after the first war with Britain I will no longer have any merchants.
An eventual war with Britain is also why I am saving my naval exp for colonial warfare I and II.

Terje

< Message edited by terje439 -- 8/8/2009 9:36:10 AM >

(in reply to Harvey Birdman)
Post #: 63
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/8/2009 9:35:44 AM   
terje439

Turn 30

As most turns have been, this too is a rather quiet turn.
Austria keeps expanding, and has now devoured poor Saxony. This means they are far into Preussian territory (or atleast into what the Preussians should see as their territory) and that Austria has now gotten huge.
Our alliance with Russia is finalised, and the Turks are happy to accept our 5 year enforced peace offer.
We donate 20$ to Spain, Turkey and Russia to keep them happy and help them develop. Well, Spain we want to keep happy and Turkey and Russia we want to help develop at least.
We order the production of 1 level 5 court and 2 level 4 courts before expending all our labour. We do not produce enough labour, so we look for a new city were we can produce labour, and find one candidate. (see image)
The INF we ordered in Paris is ready and is ordered to take place in our secondary army to start filling that one up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 64
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/10/2009 8:51:26 PM   
terje439

Turn 31

We hand out 20$ to Spain, Turkey and Russia, and we order the production of a factory, a court and two barracks.
Apart from that, nothing happens.
The rumors however claims that Britain is part of a secret treaty, we'll find out soon enough I guess...

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 65
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/12/2009 8:16:08 PM   
terje439

Turn 32

This turn we decide to build a bank, a farm and a level 5 court. I actually forgot (and I mean forgot) to give cash to Russia, Turkey and Spain :blush:
While we did not buy any new military units, we spent our naval experience on buying an upgrade. This will help protect our colonies in case of war, never a bad thing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 66
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/13/2009 8:05:36 PM   
terje439

Turn 33

While nothing much happens in game, a few interesting notes have been recieved outside the game itself.
Britain and Preussia are unable to come to terms, and Britain has told me that they want to extend our non-agression pact, and Preussia has asked if any form of alliance is possible. Our main targets at the moment still remain Austria and Spain in that order.

We hand out 20$ to Russia, Turkey and Spain this turn, and we build one level 5 court and a farm.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 67
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/14/2009 5:41:15 PM   
terje439

Turn 34
We build a factory in Strasbourg (remember how we aim to produce labour there eventually? A factory will help with that.) and a level 3 court.
As usual we hand out 20$ to Turkey, Russia and Spain.

More messages are sent to me from Britain who wants some more land on the mainland and will allow me to move on as I see fit, and from Preussia who wants me to DoW Britain instead of Spain and Austria.

Well, we look at the glory report to see who our main concern should be. Not a big surprise to see that it is Spain and Austria.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 68
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/15/2009 8:47:38 AM   
terje439

Turn 35

Our economy (in regards to resources not money) is still a mess, and we decide that we cannot afford to keep 20% of the population as builders anymore. So from now on we will produce more raw materials, but all our building projects will take longer.
We order two new farms to be built, as we only increase our population by two points every turn, and we are still some 60 pop points from maximum population.
We also order a new corps to be formed, that will go into our main army to maixmize the size of that army before we go to war with Austria. This however means that we will only be able to field one army against the Austrians. That MIGHT be cutting it close.

And we take a look at the map as that is constantly changing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 69
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/16/2009 11:57:23 AM   
terje439

Turn 36
The corps we ordered has completed, and we move it into our main army, move over as many divisions as we can, and send for some more generals to lead this corps.
France will march into war very soon. The question is how many troops the Austrians can field, I fear that it will be 2-3 times our number. We need help from Turkey and hopefully Russia.

On the more peaceful side of events, we build two farms and a factory. The factory is built in a province that produces a bit of textiles, and will give us even more textiles when it is completed. The farms will help our population grow even faster.

And this is how our army looks:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 70
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/16/2009 9:42:31 PM   
ShaiHulud

Being cognizant of how wasteful Quick Combat can be, what does your replacement pool look like?

I'm curious as to your position on Austria and Britain DoW'ing Bavaria (IF you feel it's safe to say, that is).

Likewise, Italy is going bright yellow! As it would provide two fronts in a war with Spain, that has to worry you.

Lastly, what do you think your prospects are in wooing Russia?

(btw, I read all the threads and yours is the most light-hearted while Spain's is the most brightly optimistic, thus far, both are good reading)

< Message edited by ShaiHulud -- 8/16/2009 9:44:33 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 71
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/18/2009 10:48:34 AM   
terje439

My replacement pool is somewhere around 65.000 men, and we have roughly 15.000 men in training, so I can replace 1/4 of my army in short time, furthermore most of my cities are starting to get close to max population so we have alot of men to draw reinforcements from.

Well, it seems Austria will be getting Bavaria since they brought alot more men to the game than the British.

Italy will have to be taken care of sooner or later, but Austria comes first. What I need to do now is to see what Preussia decides to do, will she say with Austria or join the "good" side of the fight when the time comes.

Russia I think I can get to join in, I know she wants parts of Austria, and soon she will no longer get 56$ per turn from me, so I might offer some cash to help her decide the right way as well.

Spain is getting reckless, she is pushing Britain around, and that will not be tolerated for much longer by Britain/Mus. The British fleet out sinking the Spanish fleet, and my troopers marching southwards should see Spain crumblign before long.

< Message edited by terje439 -- 8/18/2009 8:46:59 PM >

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 72
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/18/2009 8:48:07 PM   
terje439

Turn 37

Some loud words are spoken by private messages, but things eventually settle down. We will stay at peace for another 10 months per Turkeys request. She wants to build more artillery before going to war, and we could frankly do with an increase in our armed forces as well.
So we order a CAV division built in Paris, and we start building yet another level 5 court this turn.
We hand out 20$ to Russia, Turkey and Spain.

Of all other events, Austria captures Bavaria, and Britain proposes to buy Malta from Spain for 300$.

We end the turn by looking at the military strength of all nations.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 73
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/19/2009 10:26:18 PM   
terje439

Turn 38

We build two farms and a factory, that is all that actually happens beside us giving 20$ to Spain, Turkey and Russia.
In 8 months (8 turns) the treaty between Austria and Preussia expires. That should see Preussia breaking away from Austria, and war will break out. Turkey are ready to aid France in a war with Austria, and so is most likely Russia.

We take a quick look at our and our enemies stockpiles.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 74
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/20/2009 4:55:38 PM   
terje439

Turn 39

The usual 20 is handed to Russia, Turkey and Spain. Russia actually needs the money, Turkey gets it as we want to ally with them later on, and Spain gets them so they will not attack us (hopefully).
We build a farm, a level 5 court and two level 3 courts. This leaves no manpower to invest in the army this turn.
We produced enough food to get two population increases this turn, and we now have a total of 109 manpower available in our nation (an INF div costs 2, a CAV div costs 1), so we have the ability to produce alot of military units in terms of population.

We then take a quick look to see where our and the enemy armies are located.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 75
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/22/2009 1:26:14 PM   
terje439

Turn 40

Since a war will come sooner rather than later, we decide to try to save up alot of textiles so that we can build ourself another diplomat. If we manage to do so the extra diplomat will result in better war scores, and more gained/less lost from peace treaties after the war.
So, we build 4 banks and a farm instead of courts this turn, as banks and farms does not require textiles to build.

Spain has declared war on Veneto, and soon all of Italy will be Spanish, this must be taken care of eventually, all knows that Italy should by all means be French!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 76
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/25/2009 5:46:42 PM   
terje439

Turn 41

Spain DoWs the small independent kingdom of Venetia, this brings something good for France. The small kingdom of Lombardy are frightened by the Spanish agression on their neighbour, and asks France to protect them from harm.

We hand out 20$ to Russia, Turkey and Spain this turn, while we order the construction of a higher level factory in Paris, this will hopefully result in another labour point per turn when it completes.

Turkey and France signs a deal were we will DoW the enemies of the other for the coming year.

The clouds are gathering over Europe.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 77
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/26/2009 8:19:18 PM   
terje439

Turn 42

We hand out the usual 3x20$ and build an Inf Division in Paris. We also order the construction of a dock and a farm, taking care not to spend any textiles, however it might be expected that our people spend textiles to gain happyness so we might not be able to build a diplomat next turn after all, we will see.

However Austria is getting nervous, they suggest a diplomatic deal which we immediately turn down, we do not want to accept any enforced peace with Austria!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 8/26/2009 8:20:40 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 78
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/27/2009 8:15:28 AM   
Harvey Birdman

Hint: You don't have to build factories ever in your wool provinces. I have langedoc, guyenne, normandy, lille, antwerp, friesland and sardinia max textiles and farms 5. Only sardinia can't convert all it's wool into textiles and the factories in normandy,lille and antwerp have lot's of wool to textiles capacity to spare.

As far as war with britain...
Are you playing the mod where you get napoleon? If get napoleon and your going to be territorially greedy, expect war with britain.
If you use napoleon wisely as a force to maintain the balance of power and only acquire a few good wool producing provinces you should be able to maintain the peace with britain.

Generally I find that strasbourg, luxembourg, aosta and turin can produce more than all the iron I want without building factories. So it's not high priority I'll build factories over time.

For labour production I find it better to use le mans and nantes. ie the 2 textile provinces who suck at producing luxuries and spice.

Start building 2 roads in le mans and 3 roads in nantes allocate full labour to develoment. That increases max pop by one.

Then focus le mans on building factories to 10 and nantes on building docks to 10.

Than le mans starts building barracks to 10 and nantes starts building factories to 10 than barracks to 10.

Then you can shift labour allocation from development to labour production. Your shooting for high labour production with max morale production of cav, arty, inf and ships. The level 10 factories max arty morale and speed up unit production and produce labour.

< Message edited by Harvey Birdman -- 8/27/2009 8:47:27 AM >

Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 79
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/27/2009 3:00:15 PM   
terje439

Turn 43

The usual 3x20$ is handed out.
Once more we save all our textiles, as our population did indeed use some textiles last turn, thereby not allowing us to build a diplomat last turn.
We order the construction of a bank and two farms this turn, but order no new military units to be constructed.

The evergrowing Spain issues a DoW on Portugal, this cannot sit too well with Britain as King Mus of Britain has for a long time said that he wanted Portugal.

Our glorious frigates manage to sink a Swedish privateer in the English Channel. This should help reduce losses to merchant shipping for all nations. Privateers are to be hunted down and killed on sight (atleast since all of ours have been sunk allready).

We finally take a look at our glory goals for the game.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 80
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/27/2009 3:02:33 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harvey Birdman
For labour production I find it better to use le mans and nantes. ie the 2 textile provinces who suck at producing luxuries and spice.

Start building 2 roads in le mans and 3 roads in nantes allocate full labour to develoment. That increases max pop by one.

Then focus le mans on building factories to 10 and nantes on building docks to 10.

Than le mans starts building barracks to 10 and nantes starts building factories to 10 than barracks to 10.

Then you can shift labour allocation from development to labour production. Your shooting for high labour production with max morale production of cav, arty, inf and ships. The level 10 factories max arty morale and speed up unit production and produce labour.

Never thought about that, will have a look at it next turn, however building lvl 10 factories is likely going to force me to save up labour over atleast 3 or 4 turns a piece...

Post #: 81
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 8/28/2009 4:38:26 PM   
terje439

Turn 44

Well, as usual we hand out 3x20$, no big surprise there.
We start the construction of 2 farms, 1 bank and 1 port this turn.
Thankfully our people did not consume any textiles this turn, and another diplomat has been ordered in Paris. Unfortunately our highest court is only level 5, this means the diplomat will arrive with a total of 100 (20xlvl5) points distributed to his skills. That is not alot.

Some concerning news reached us in Paris, and from now on we will build our army every turn. Spain and Preussia are now allied!
This move has made Britain ask by private mail if an alliance between Britain and France could take place, and if they offer we will accept.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 82
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/2/2009 10:27:00 AM   
terje439

Turn 45

OOC: Sorry again for the late delay, but we had to exchange a player. Mus no longer controls Britain, that role has been taken over by Kingmaker. (Wonder if he will be as friendly towards France as Mus was).

As usual we hand out the normal 3x20$ this turn.
We order the construction of an infantry division in Paris, and we order one farm and two courts throughout our empire.
Our main army has marched towards the Austrian/French/Italian border, and we will see how they react to this. The Spanish has an army of 135.000 men in Italy, so if they decide to form an alliance with Austria, we might be in some deep trouble.

Finally we alter the work allocation in Amsterdam as can be seen on the screenshot.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 83
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/4/2009 12:49:17 PM   
terje439

Turn 46

OOC: the subsitute of Britain is giving me a headache, how is the new Britain going to act against France?

Well, no big shock, but we once more deal out 3x20$ this turn.
We order the recruitment of another infantry division, and we build two courts and a bank this turn.
We take a brief look at some of the available upgrades/techs we can buy, but do not buy any yet.
Due to a new ruler in Britain we slow things down a little too see how this changes the situation in Europe.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 9/12/2009 10:40:14 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 84
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/5/2009 10:39:21 PM   
terje439

Turn 47

Gentlemen, I have dire news.
WE ARE AT WAR!
Hostilities have broken out between Russia and Austria, and due to our diplomatic deals with Russia, we are forced to DoW Austria.
Orders have been issued, and our main army is crossing the Austrian border while our smaller army will march from Paris to seize an Austrian controlled province in the French-Preussian border lands.
We also order the construction of another cavalry division, unfortunately our income of labour only allows us to build one division per month.
We also order the construction of a farm and a level 5 court.

But other diplomatic deals are being made as well, Spain has allied with Austria, which might mean a two front war for us. And if that is not bad enough, Britain is proposing an alliance with Spain. The exchange of head of state in Britain is having enormous consequenses for France it seems.
Turkey has promised to DoW Austria this month and should hopefully advance into Austria next month.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 9/12/2009 10:40:26 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 85
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/5/2009 11:24:56 PM   
Mus

My apologies if I put you in a bad spot Terje.

Just couldn't see myself playing the wrong scenario for up to a year before it was finished.

Good luck. I will follow your AAR.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 86
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/6/2009 10:49:50 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

My apologies if I put you in a bad spot Terje.

Just couldn't see myself playing the wrong scenario for up to a year before it was finished.

Good luck. I will follow your AAR.

Well, IF Spain DoWs, my main army will head south into Italy and capture a few protectorates before I surrender, so in terms of provinces I might end up stronger.
It is going to be interesting the next few turns.
And do not sweat it, I totally understand your decision, and no hard feelings :)

Terje

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 87
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/12/2009 10:38:45 AM   
terje439

Turn 48
Sirs, Great news!
Although Spain and England have declared an alliance, they have NOT issued a DoW on France, this means that Austria will have to fight alone for the time being.
And if that is not enough, Turkey has issued a DoW on Austria as well. I smell austrian blood!

This month two infantery divisions report for duty, this is good, 20.000 more men ready to boost our armies will come in handy!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 88
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/14/2009 9:20:09 PM   
terje439

Turn 49

The war against Austria is progressing well, Britain, Preussia, Spain and Sweden all chose to stay out of the action.
We hand out 35$ to Turkey and Russia and 20$ to Spain this turn.
We order the production of an infantery division, and upgrade 3 courts.
Our smallest army is heading back to Paris for the time being, while our bigger army advances further into Austria.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 89
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 9/15/2009 3:10:22 AM   
Mus

What kind of progress are your Turkish and Russian allies making against Austria?

Could we get some "big picture" here?

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Do you hear the people sing?! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI