Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! - 8/18/2009 11:58:42 AM   
IKL

Hi. Firstly, what a fantastic experience and such a massive improvement over WITP, which was brilliant in the first place........
April 42. My British cruiser task force bombarded Moulmein and was intercepted by 2 Kongos and smaller vessels. In a night battle, one BC was sunk by 3 torpedoes and numerous shell hits. Kongo, on the other hand, sailed up the river to Rangoon and has stayed there for the last four days. I have two cruiser forces there, both with aggressive admirals. Neither has managed any kind of interception, and the fifty or so Blenheims on naval attack have done nothing either. It's like a ghostly version of the Battle of the River Plate. Perhaps the 18th division from Rangoon could march aboard and take their surrender..........
The really annoying thing is when I try to sail a third TF into Rangoon, with Prince of Wales thirsting for revenge, I get a message saying it's too big to go up the river!!!!

So, how did the Kongo get there?
And how can I get rid of it?
Post #: 1
RE: Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! - 8/18/2009 12:17:52 PM   
castor troy

funny bug, not funny for your game though...

(in reply to IKL)
Post #: 2
RE: Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! - 8/18/2009 2:51:02 PM   
Don Bowen

Please post a save.

(in reply to IKL)
Post #: 3
RE: Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! - 8/18/2009 4:53:08 PM   
IKL

The problem is solved. After 4 days in the river off Rangoon, Kongo got what she deserved. While the crew were ashore eating colonial food in the waterfront bars, the meanest and most fierce captain in the Dutch navy led 5 DDs upriver, landing 21 shell hits and a torp. Kongo leapt a mile in the air and fled for the open sea only to swim straight into a broadside from Prince of Wales lurking in the bay after a bombardment mission to Moulmein. 3 hits and Kongo went down; the IJN has lost its holiday home in Rangoon at last!!!!!!

Great game by the way; the Battle of the Pegu river crossing has lasted 3 weeks and is turning into a kind of Pegucanal/Pegugrad campaign, if you know what I mean. If I can find time to stop playing, I'll write it up as an AAR battle diary.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 4
RE: Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! - 8/18/2009 5:36:07 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: IKL

The problem is solved. After 4 days in the river off Rangoon, Kongo got what she deserved. While the crew were ashore eating colonial food in the waterfront bars, the meanest and most fierce captain in the Dutch navy led 5 DDs upriver, landing 21 shell hits and a torp. Kongo leapt a mile in the air and fled for the open sea only to swim straight into a broadside from Prince of Wales lurking in the bay after a bombardment mission to Moulmein. 3 hits and Kongo went down; the IJN has lost its holiday home in Rangoon at last!!!!!!

Great game by the way; the Battle of the Pegu river crossing has lasted 3 weeks and is turning into a kind of Pegucanal/Pegugrad campaign, if you know what I mean. If I can find time to stop playing, I'll write it up as an AAR battle diary.

If you have a save available while Kongo is still there, please post it. Like to see what happened.

(in reply to IKL)
Post #: 5
RE: Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! - 8/18/2009 8:21:41 PM   
IKL

I can't I'm afraid. We've moved on a week since then.......bemused Imperial sailors have been fished out of the river for the last seven days.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Help please......Kongo stranded and invisible! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI