Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 8/19/2009 9:02:16 AM   
maverick0377

I started the game on the side of Allies. Historical Turn one / surprise and difficult easy!
But after 3 days the Japanese CV Force is still near Hawai.
I orderd the two Carrier groups to defend Wake against the invasion force!
Can somebody give me some help how to banish these forces?
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 8/19/2009 10:17:57 AM   
sprior

Just time. Eventually they'll run out of bombs and/or torpedogs, get bored and go home. Have some subs nearby you could send into their hex.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to maverick0377)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 8/19/2009 12:06:05 PM   
maverick0377

You are right! All subs are in the field! But the Allies have problems with their torpedos over the first months.
No hit until day three! Then my Cap over Hawai isn´t very succesful because a lot of the fighters were damaged!
Maybe I must send back all my CV forces! PT boats are also not very sucesful!
Maybe it is helpful to sent all not heavy damaged ships out of the port. So I can protect them better!
But the damaged BB in Hawai are still under attack and they sunk them all!!!

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 8/19/2009 7:27:38 PM   
Califvol

I am playing the campaign where the Japanese are more agressive for the first six (6) months.  They laid off Paerl Harbor bombing the hell out of the place for five (5) days.  They smashed all US air on day one, leaving maybe 10 flyable planes.  While the US repaired up to about 20 planes each day the Japanese knocked them out of the sky faster than they could be repaired with near zip damage to the Japanese.  (However, I did have a Texan shoot down a Japanese plane, hoorah!)

Day three I brought every US B-17 in reserve/training from the West Coast in hope of a counter attack.  They actually got a couple of strikes in but at massive loss and 100% of all planes damaged.

Day four, evacuated Pearl Harbor with every ship that could still sail in order to avoid destruction. 

Day five, the Japanese finally started to retire. 

As to my carriers, I wouldn't let them come close to the Islands during this time for fear of losing them.  The Saratoga rushing to the theater was two (2) days out of San Diego, took two (2) torpedoes from a Japanese sub.  The next day on her way to SF for repair the damage control failed and she sunk!

Well, This certainly isn't WITP.  Looks like the way to you deal with an overwhelimng carrier force is to get out of the way and assemble your own force to strike back later.

(in reply to maverick0377)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 8/21/2009 5:25:12 PM   
loricas

it seem to me that AI is more "creative" than before. i play the starting week four time and only one KB remain near PH.

i put all the sub in the area near the KB and two PT TF also.

all the fighter in PH in cap 0 range 15000+ high. and all remaining aircraft in naval search

don't put ships in sea: the PH AA is not surprised turn 2. only a small TF fo local minesweep: they divert same bomber from port strike.

i lost 3 additional BB and same DD\small ship but put a sub torpedo on the Kaga and one on the Akagi (of 96 fired is a bad result i know) and sun two TK of the replenish TF with PT:

in VP a victory for AI....but Two CV out for the first two/three month...and the High Exp pilots loss..i make the change every time

(in reply to Califvol)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 8/23/2009 1:30:52 AM   
sanch

And another nasty twist - I let the Enterprise TF head on out to Wake to beat up on the invasion force (which it did). But now the KB is chasing my carrier all over the central Pacific!.

Expecting the KB to beat up on Midway, I sent the AK there (Regulus - RIP) out on an escape route toward Johnson Is. Meanwhile, after beating up on the Wake invasion force, I was withdrawing the Enterprise TF to the southeast towards Johnson and PH. And the KB found and beat the snot out of the poor Regulus (thankfully, it didn't find the Enterprise). Which means the KB is very much uncomfortably close to the Enterprise.

I see the KB could do a refuel, etc. in (perhaps) Kwajalein, and then continue chasing Enterprise. Or possibly circle back around and paste PH again.

At any rate, I did not expect the KB to come towards Johnson at all. And if it keeps coming, it could get really ugly. The KB is supposed to be retiring, perhaps taking passing shots at Midway and Wake. But not chasing me way past Johnson.

This AI is very nasty indeed.

(in reply to loricas)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai - 9/2/2009 10:15:27 AM   
maverick0377

So after a little break I have now time to play longer.
I lost 2 BB and 2 Destryoer in PearlH. Japanese lost one BB and one CV was hit.
Thx Sanch for the hint with the local minesweaper.
I had the chance to destroy the Tanker support near PearlH, but I didn´t want to weaken the Japanese.
I want to see how good the AI is after the first turns, because I know that I´ll get in the future much more support.
Now I hope I can hold Wake, because in the first Attack the Japanese lost a lot of Soldiers and the rest of the invasion force is killed.

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Japanese AI is very aggressive near Hawai Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI