Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Item description

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> Item description Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Item description - 8/22/2009 8:13:30 AM   
wolfman391

Were do i put it to show up in game as i have new weapons and ammo but the shop just shows a blank no info. If I'v go it righ it should be in basis\locale\english\scripts\?

All so how do u add ammo with out getting a error?

Thanks.

Small update the description are in the wrong folder. english is in the russian thats why i could not get them to work.I'v moved them to the russian folder and thay work now. All thats left is to get the ammo to work with out the crash.

< Message edited by wolfman391 -- 8/22/2009 9:52:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Item description - 8/22/2009 11:55:29 AM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfman391

Were do i put it to show up in game as i have new weapons and ammo but the shop just shows a blank no info. If I'v go it righ it should be in basis\locale\english\scripts\?

All so how do u add ammo with out getting a error?

Thanks.

Small update the description are in the wrong folder. english is in the russian thats why i could not get them to work.I'v moved them to the russian folder and thay work now. All thats left is to get the ammo to work with out the crash.

There are several things to do to get new weapons and ammos in game. You have to edit several xmls first, like weapons, caliber and ammos (do for one difficulty level at first, then duplicate the file when you are satisfied with the results). In weapons you have to define the weapons and assign wich caliber of ammos goes with it. In caliber you define what ballistic effects you new caliber has. In ammos, you define the caliber contained in the ammo clips/mags, have them use ammo count that mirror the amounts your weapons can have or else you won't be able to unload them. And last, you have to add new entries in your localized language, new xmls for each weapons and ammo clips size, and an entry in AMMO and WEAPONS xmls files so when you move your mouse over the new items, their name are displayed. You must have noticed weapons and ammo directories have duplicates in the shop dir; the main descriptions are what you can read everywhere in the game, the shop is what you read when you try to pick new items in the shop. In my mod i made them identical because it was too tedious to have them different.

Foraven

(in reply to wolfman391)
Post #: 2
RE: Item description - 8/22/2009 12:39:50 PM   
wolfman391

I'v got it all showing up in game now its just that cash. Weapon works and show up and u can buy it but the ammo is whats crashing it out i'v add it to ammo/clips in the logic folder and added it to Locale both folders ammo/shop ammo and caliber. In caliber i have its as under sysname its cal_485x49_sj and under locname its 4.85x49 and under ammo i have clip_485x49_sj - Mag. 4.85x49 SJ (30) thay show up in the shop but when u try and buy them it crashs.

info on error: InfoTbl: (something in russian) [cal_485x45_sj] (russian) [class InfoCentral::AmmoInfoImpl].

I'm trying to add the Enfield SA80-IW (Individual Weapon), 4,85x49 ammunition

< Message edited by wolfman391 -- 8/22/2009 2:35:03 PM >

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 3
RE: Item description - 8/27/2009 1:25:03 AM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfman391

I'v got it all showing up in game now its just that cash. Weapon works and show up and u can buy it but the ammo is whats crashing it out i'v add it to ammo/clips in the logic folder and added it to Locale both folders ammo/shop ammo and caliber. In caliber i have its as under sysname its cal_485x49_sj and under locname its 4.85x49 and under ammo i have clip_485x49_sj - Mag. 4.85x49 SJ (30) thay show up in the shop but when u try and buy them it crashs.

info on error: InfoTbl: (something in russian) [cal_485x45_sj] (russian) [class InfoCentral::AmmoInfoImpl].

I'm trying to add the Enfield SA80-IW (Individual Weapon), 4,85x49 ammunition

You must have messed it up somewhere. I suggest you play around with existing ammos first, see how they are defined. Also make sure your ammos and weapons are all properly defined for the difficulty level you test it with. I usually test everything in normal diff and copy the changes to the other files once i'm satisfied with what i modded.

(in reply to wolfman391)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> Item description Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI