Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kamikaze Attacks?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Kamikaze Attacks? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kamikaze Attacks? - 8/21/2009 9:29:19 PM   
Schani

I'm currently into my second campaign (Jan 1945 - March 1946). It is now 16 February 1945. I'm not sure if I have seen any Kamikaze (Tokko) attacks. Are Kamikaze attacks differentiated from conventional attacks in the logs or elsewhere?

I figured I'll finish this campaign before loading AE. Maybe by that time the patches will be out.

Just need a little help on the Kamikaze question.

Thanks.

Home of Fighting Sioux Hockey!
Post #: 1
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 8/22/2009 7:56:31 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schani

I'm currently into my second campaign (Jan 1945 - March 1946). It is now 16 February 1945. I'm not sure if I have seen any Kamikaze (Tokko) attacks. Are Kamikaze attacks differentiated from conventional attacks in the logs or elsewhere?

I figured I'll finish this campaign before loading AE. Maybe by that time the patches will be out.

Just need a little help on the Kamikaze question.

Thanks.

kami attacks show up in the combat replay and report just like all other attacks too. If there were none in the reports, there haven´t happened any I guess.

(in reply to Schani)
Post #: 2
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 8/22/2009 8:26:41 AM   
BPRE

I guess you are playing the AI? In my experience this area is a bit buggy for the AI. It changes a lot of air groups to kamikaze groups but it doesn't change their missions. You can see this by looking at a list of air groups in a base. The mission listed for Kamikaze groups will not be Kamikaze but could be Naval (I presume that is Naval Search). If you look at that air group it's a kamikaze air group but none of the missions (Kamikaze, Training or Stand Down) is shown as selected.

As an Allied player this used to show up as unarmed Ki-46 (as an example) showing up in attacks against TFs. Unfortunately they try to bomb the ships without bombs so nothing happens except that some of them gets shot down.

I ran a game as AI vs AI once and then I took over the Japanese side myself. The air units were in a really sorry state in this area.
I could find crack fighter units with pilots in their 70s and 80s (remember that this is the 2nd half of 1944) designted as Kamikaze units. If you are lucky they were on CAP when they were designated so they still function like that. If an enemy TF comes near they will attack but try to bomb.
Disbanding or withdrawing doesn't help either. They're still a kamikaze group when they reappear.

Once AE settles down I think that they will patch WitP and I hope they have looked at this then.

/BPRE

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 8/22/2009 7:26:24 PM   
Schani

Yes, I'm allied vs. AI.
Thanks for the help.
Still I'm having a great time playing. Don't know when I'll ever get back to silent Hunter III & IV or Combat Mission. And now I can't wait for the Eastern Front version to come out.
The only thing that's going to tear me away from WitP and AE is deer hunting in November. Until then.

Again thanks for the help.

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 4
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 8/25/2009 11:00:25 PM   
Yamato hugger

In the current version, kami attacks can happen against base hexes, so be mindful of this. It has been corrected in 1.807.

(in reply to Schani)
Post #: 5
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 10/8/2009 11:48:27 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schani

Yes, I'm allied vs. AI.
Thanks for the help.
Still I'm having a great time playing. Don't know when I'll ever get back to silent Hunter III & IV or Combat Mission. And now I can't wait for the Eastern Front version to come out.
The only thing that's going to tear me away from WitP and AE is deer hunting in November. Until then.

Again thanks for the help.

You say that till you get a Itch to go sub hunting again, or for me playing Close Combat in tournaments. Only thing that keeps me off the game is Fishing off cocoa beach FL.

(in reply to Schani)
Post #: 6
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 10/9/2009 4:47:01 PM   
Schani

Misconduct,

That fishing off the coast sounds more relaxing than hunting on the tundra. Four weeks to go before the season begins. What is the weather going to be like? Anywhere from the low 60's to -20 and blizzard like conditions. It's always a coin toss. Optimal; mid 30's to low 40's with just a couple of inches of snow on the ground. And no wind! Out with the boys and high powered rifles and a dozen deer hanging in the pole barn. Good times. And of course Fighting Sioux hockey on the weekends.

By the way what is the wind chill down there? 72? Looking out the window, the first snow seems only a couple of hours away out of the north. Have not seem many geese out of the north yet. I'll find out Monday when a couple of the guys get back from goose/duck hunting out west. Right now I think it's going to be a good season.

Away, good luck on the boat or storming the next atoll.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 7
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 10/9/2009 9:39:03 PM   
Misconduct

LOL Right now its 105 degrees, 5-10mph winds which are random, 75-85 at nights depending the heat index. Right now my boats at San francisco being refitted, won't be ready for another week or so, seems my last boat trip out I blew a waterpump which is leaking water into my engine compartment.

I got a 34 foot Sea Ray Cabin Cruiser, nice little boat not really designed for fishing but worth it.

(in reply to Schani)
Post #: 8
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 10/12/2009 9:52:58 PM   
Schani

While refitting you might as add some Bofor Quad 40's to keep the gulls at bay.

Well now that I'm Unemployed this will be my last e-mail for awhile. Got a couple of leads at a research facility and another engineering firm.
And so it goes.

Until next time.

Good night everybody. And drive safely.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 9
RE: Kamikaze Attacks? - 10/13/2009 12:00:50 AM   
Misconduct

good luck to you Schani!

(in reply to Schani)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Kamikaze Attacks? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI