Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Patch requests Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch requests - 8/24/2009 6:50:13 AM   
Flying Tiger

just a couple of requests for the patch list:

first (and this is the PLEASE, PLEASE include point!), could the ops report be hyperlinked to the TF, base, unit mentioned? ie. if the report says 'TF 345 out of fuel', can i please just click on the TF number in the ops report and jump to that TF! Save me hunting through several screens, and then scrolling around the map trying to find the offending TF (only to discover it is NOT in fact out of fuel! But i guess that is a seperate issue?). Or 'DD Manley arrives at Balboa', let me click either on the ship name or the Base name and go directly to either. Sound reasonable?

Also, many sightings are mentioned in the ops report, but most dont show up on the screen at end of resolution phase. Why? Could we please include these sightings on the map? With a mouseover saying how (or who) last sighted them, and what was sighted. ie. '2 ships, heading west, sighted by PBY-5 from Pearl Harbor'. Or 'periscope sighted by PBY-5A from Boise'. Or 'radio transmissions detected'. etc.
Even if these sightings were false they still should appear on the map - i'm sure IRL all sighting reports would have been listed on the operations map!

I think we all use the ops report a lot more now - why not make it more user friendly?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 6:54:40 AM   
rockmedic109

If they want it to do that for Patch 2, but I don't want anything to slow down Patch 1.  The only thing I want with Patch 1 right now is it's presence.

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 7:08:19 AM   
sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

first (and this is the PLEASE, PLEASE include point!), could the ops report be hyperlinked to the TF, base, unit mentioned? ie. if the report says 'TF 345 out of fuel', can i please just click on the TF number in the ops report and jump to that TF! Save me hunting through several screens, and then scrolling around the map trying to find the offending TF (only to discover it is NOT in fact out of fuel! But i guess that is a seperate issue?). Or 'DD Manley arrives at Balboa', let me click either on the ship name or the Base name and go directly to either. Sound reasonable?

Also, many sightings are mentioned in the ops report, but most dont show up on the screen at end of resolution phase. Why? Could we please include these sightings on the map? With a mouseover saying how (or who) last sighted them, and what was sighted. ie. '2 ships, heading west, sighted by PBY-5 from Pearl Harbor'. Or 'periscope sighted by PBY-5A from Boise'. Or 'radio transmissions detected'. etc.
Even if these sightings were false they still should appear on the map - i'm sure IRL all sighting reports would have been listed on the operations map!

I think we all use the ops report a lot more now - why not make it more user friendly?

Thanks

excellent ideas - these things have been bugging me too

Post #: 3
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 7:36:33 AM   
Elchoune

Excellent idea for the hyperlink in the ops report ... + 1

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 1:08:13 PM   
Icedawg

I agree as well. Anything to make the game more user friendly (fewer mouse clicks) would be appreciated.

Post #: 5
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 1:52:56 PM   
xj900uk

We could also do with some more mini-scenario's rather than just variations on the campaign.

I 4 1 would like to see a British-Burma-India mini-game... or has somebody already written one using the editor??

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 3:22:55 PM   
EagleMountainDK

Great idea. I was wondering if it only was me that missed the info on the big map.... But being one of the new guys maybe thought I was missing something.

The game already know what and where... Why not show us?

Post #: 7
RE: Patch requests - 8/24/2009 3:48:25 PM   
myros

My biggest suggestion would be to finaly put all the useless text messages on their own timer! :) Bugged me since witp lol.

I mean all the messages that say things like "This message is to tell you all the cool things we coded in but dont have any significance to you except to make you click buttons more" ;p

Yes I know we can hit a key and speed through them but if you do that you often miss other txts that actualy do have some importance.
Would just be nice if we could have a seperate settings option so we could set a permanent 0.0 on "Discombobulating Bases" type messages and whatever we normaly use for "Santa sighted at X" type.

It has actual been made a little worse with AE as now with all the extra recon and plane sighted messages each of which stops the 'speed' through you get from hitting a key, where as with WITP all the recon/sighting were shown before combat so you could speed through them all if you felt like it.

M

EDIT: Actualy 3 seperate settings for txt would be excelent -
1. recon/sighting reports
2. general game feedback ie when you set something (eg a destination) and the confirmation txt pops up
3. Non feedback game txt ie "Realigning Earths Axis" ;p

I tried setting the general txt speed to 3.0 so I could get a good read of sighting etc but ended up removing it because every other message was sitting there for 3 seconds waiting for me to press a key (again!). Really could use some work on it guys if its possible for patch 2. Cheers.

< Message edited by myros -- 8/24/2009 3:56:24 PM >

(in reply to EagleMountainDK)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch requests - 9/1/2009 5:20:31 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

Thanks

Everyone wants this. Any programmer that looks at the code will decline to do it. Sorry - it's a biggie and a major rewrite.

Post #: 9
RE: Patch requests - 9/1/2009 5:56:11 PM   
TSkoopCRP

+1 here as well, I call WITP AE the worlds greatest game with the worlds worst interface. Its allmost a deal breaker. In fact, you would think that for the money, they would have revamped the UI more. The depth is what draws me to the game, but the UI is what makes me want to turn this thing off.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 10
RE: Patch requests - 9/1/2009 6:55:10 PM   
John Lansford

I'd like to see ship tonnage shown on the "in port", "add to TF" and any other screen as a mouseover.  It's annoying to have to go to the ship detail screen when assembling a TF to find this out, or don't do it and find you've got a 10,000 ton transport trying to unload at a level 1 port in a transport TF.

(in reply to TSkoopCRP)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Patch requests Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI