Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario to play by email?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario to play by email? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario to pl... - 8/26/2009 6:38:53 PM   
MitchLedford

I have created a scenario and I want to share it with the rest of my PBEM group. How do I do this and/or Can I do this?

---Mitch
Post #: 1
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 8/27/2009 12:59:35 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Mitch:

This is a little cludgy at this point BUT here is how you can do it:

You must copy the EIANW###.GED file which is in the DATA\DATABASES directory. To determine which file, your first scenario in the list should be EIANW011.GED. User created scenarios start with EIANW011.GED then EIANW012.GED and so on. You will also need to grab the tables project file from the DATA\TABLES directory (EIANW011.TPJ) then copy those files to the destination PC in the same directories. You could simply rename them to whatever EIANW###.GED and EIANW###.TPJ number to prevent overwriting an existing scenario on someone elses machine. It does not matter what slot it is in as long as they are the scenario data is the same.

This is VERY manual at this point and I hope to streamline this a lot more!

Let me know if you have any more questions...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to MitchLedford)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 8/27/2009 2:15:43 PM   
bOrIuM

I still have problems using Editor, cant save/load... I create a new scenario and then change something in a country and press save. When I come back, nothing is saved... What's the right procedure to save then ?

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 8/27/2009 2:21:08 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Tell me what you are changing?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 8/28/2009 1:04:04 AM   
bOrIuM

I managed to do it, but Territory control is still problematic. Doesnt always save..

And there is some things i'd like to change while I cant:

- Poland, even if I mark it controls provinces, cant stay, not recognized as a new Major Power (for 1740 Scenario).
- Create new Generals counters.
- Modify Generals attribute such as The rank (A,B,C,D) and the Cavalry leading.
- Creatin of new counters for countries (such as Feodals for Poland or more fleets)

< Message edited by bOrIuM -- 8/28/2009 3:22:48 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 8/28/2009 1:51:58 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Good points Borium!
This is definitely not the last version of the editor! We'll be adding more...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 8/29/2009 4:46:39 PM   
bOrIuM

Probs when attribuating conq and free for MP. And cant change the moral level for minors.

Post #: 7
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 9/1/2009 3:43:32 AM   
gazfun

I noticed that it wont save, and if I go back and reedit the file, theres no record of what I have saved

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 9/5/2009 12:22:01 AM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: bOrIuM

I still have problems using Editor, cant save/load... I create a new scenario and then change something in a country and press save. When I come back, nothing is saved... What's the right procedure to save then ?

yep I am still having a problem with Saving a scenario!!!

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 9/8/2009 1:16:27 AM   
bOrIuM

I saw that you always have to "load/save/load" to almost any change and I successfully managed to create a scenario for 1805 Grand Campain. The biggest problems for the editor I already talked in here are:

- Make a minor a Major Power, such as Poland in 1740 and 1756 scenarios. (and then possibility for that new Major power to HAVE other MP provinces)
- Create new Generals counters.
- Modify Generals attribute such as The rank (A,B,C,D) and the Cavalry leading.
- Creatin of new counters for countries (such as Feodals for Poland or more fleets, etc)

And I'll add:

- The function to add any minor as conquered to any other minor (Create multi district minors to represent original EiA, such as Ansbach conquered of Bavaria, etc.)
- The save/load features !?!? I did a whole scenario forgot to load after a save, and then changed a thing and saved over my file from the original campain, erasing the whole scenario. I wanted to cry... Took me 2huors to edit the scenario. And its not normal to have to save at every changes and to load from them ?
- Possibility for the AI to adapt setups for scenarios ? I created my scenario and every Major just made a pile over their Capital and made only one fleet, losing a lot of ships. That's not really nice to play.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 9/8/2009 2:36:16 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Borium:

There are more things that we will add to the editor!
You should be able to create new leaders? Can you not?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 11
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 9/9/2009 1:13:58 AM   
bOrIuM

cant see how, they are in the corps zone, and I dont see any feature to create new corps or Leaders. I can only modify the ones that already exists.
And can the Nation list, the one at the complete left be in alphabetical order please ??

< Message edited by bOrIuM -- 9/9/2009 2:17:15 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario t... - 9/9/2009 1:29:19 PM   
Marshall Ellis

dbl-click the corps id combobox and you should see the create units popup menu.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> 1.06.03 Editor - How do I share a custom scenario to play by email? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI