Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Avanced Tactics Editing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Avanced Tactics Editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avanced Tactics Editing - 8/28/2009 1:34:53 AM   
rmg

Just got Advanced Tactics, and want to add new units and modify some strengths\attributes to existing scenarios. I can add units, but they come without HQ, and the HQ select button doesnt seem to work to click and attach an existing HQ too it, or create a new one. Also, I assign tanks, and the edit comes out to a unit placed on the map with 0 strength.....I can overide that with the rifles sub file, and get a rifle unit, but no tanks too, and.....again, it will not act like a regular unit, move, and resupply. The manual seems of no help on the basics like this. I had hoped this would be a straightforward editor like Operational Art of War and some others....anyone got time for a basic tutuorial on how to add units to existing scenarios? Thanks. Also, is anyone else frustrated by having to use the history button to "backtrack the A-1 action".....sheesh, have the fun of other war games is watching the A-1 "play" its hand, and see what and how it moves, as if in a real action.

Bob
Post #: 1
RE: Avanced Tactics Editing - 8/28/2009 6:05:43 AM   
Grymme

Hi

The editor is quite deep and everything might not be in the manual. There are thousands of variables.

I would advice you to start and read the 10 stickied tutorials that are present in the "mod" section of the forum. They will be of great help. Start with the "create an easy scenario" (or something like that) and follow the tutorial.

As for your specific questions.

To create a unit.

1) position yourself on the hex you want the unit to be on
2) go to the unit window
3) press add unit in hex
4) press add subformation (it will come up rifle as default)
5) press SFt stype (if you want other SFTs instead of rifles) and choose what other SFT you want in the unit
6) Press Qty and set how many tanks or whatnot you want in that particular subformation

If you want more different troops just add another subformation to the unit.

You asign a unit to a HQ not a HQ to a unit. But it can be a little tricky. You usually have to press on some other hex first and then go back to the unit that needs a HQ. Then press the unit, asign HQ and go to the HQ it should be assigned to.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to rmg)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Avanced Tactics Editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI