Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

secret of the sniper rifle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> secret of the sniper rifle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
secret of the sniper rifle - 2/13/2009 3:53:42 AM   
noname

I have figured it out. How to use the deadly accuracy of the svd. Grasp barrel of rifle with both hands, sneak up behind bad guy, whack him over the head with it. Honestly, I have tried all the advice given by you guys, and thank you for it, but nothing works. I am now attacking the Palace and only have enough ammo for one svd. The enemy snipers are shooting me up and Yamashi or whatever his name is , the guy with 100% accuracy, has scored 8 to 10 hits , no kills and is out of ammo. The RKP-74s and AK108s have done all the killing. My squad is no longer combat effective and I think I will start over using Reinforces' mod. Maybe the sniper rifles will work as they should this time. I just cannot understand it. Or maybe I'll just go play JA2 again. As long as I don't upgrade to Vista I'll be able to continue playing the old games.
Post #: 1
RE: secret of the sniper rifle - 2/13/2009 11:39:59 PM   
SlickWilhelm

How many mercs did you bring to the palace battle with you? I brought two full squads, and lost 2 KIA and everyone else wounded before it was over. It is a tough battle.

Have you tried some of the other sniper rifles? You get a really good one from the helicopter at the Airfield.

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to noname)
Post #: 2
RE: secret of the sniper rifle - 2/14/2009 3:25:14 AM   
noname

I was playing on easy difficulty and was trying to make it all the way through with just one squad of 6 good ones. I tried out the svd, M24, and the PSG something. Don't remember the names but I do remember that the PSG-- was the WORST by far. Some of the others had so little ammo that I didn't bother with them. Why should I? A gun with no ammo is a club. Unless you know where to find more ammo in this game!!!!!! The reason I took just one svd to the Palace is that I had used all the ammo for all the other sniper rifles and only had 60 rounds for the svd. When you miss 9 out of 10 times you waste a lot of ammo. It was also very frustrating to get a -2 on the few hits I did get. Yes I always used 'max aiming', and all the other tips I could find on this forum. Anyway, I don't care, I had fun. Now I'm starting over and all my guys have blue UN helmets, thanks to Reinforce.

(in reply to noname)
Post #: 3
RE: secret of the sniper rifle - 2/14/2009 3:46:33 AM   
Hard Sarge

Odd, I don't under stand, I did well with all of those, not sure if it is play style, luck of the roll, maybe just bad luck, who knows

(in reply to noname)
Post #: 4
RE: secret of the sniper rifle - 2/14/2009 8:56:22 PM   
arras

I did get some 30-40% hits with snipers so not as bad as your 10% but still very few given I used mercs with over 90 points in accuracy. I did however got plenty ammo ...especially at road to airport where I made long break in order to build up my financial reserves.

I also did find RPK-74 much better than sniper rifles. There were plenty left after fight at abandoned fuel station. With upgrades its very good long range weapon.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: secret of the sniper rifle - 8/29/2009 12:16:54 PM   
nior

I used Venom and CC as my snipers.  Both are using the PGM and have pretty good results.  They scored around 65-70 percent (just a guess) and both had a fair share of one-shot-one-kill moments.  I usually only use 1 squad (6 mercs) to attack the palace but I concentrate on one side and work to the other end.  I also have my main character and Ghost and Morah working as semi-snipers on stealth trying to get as near to the palace as possible.  And lastly, there's just too many bullets lying around, don't be stingy, have your mercs carry as many as they can.

(in reply to arras)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> secret of the sniper rifle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI