Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1083c Pilot training and experience gain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> v1083c Pilot training and experience gain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 1:13:19 PM   
PeteG662

It appears that there was a tweak done to the prior version which toned down pilot training significantly. While I admit that you could gain a lot of experience fast in the previous version the pendulum seesm to have swung to the opposite extreme now. I have not been able to get any pilots trained anywhere in the GC. Even in combat some fighter pilots will not gain any experience (from their 40s and 50s level) for shooting down a plane! When the experience level does change for some fighter pilots who shoot down a plane the only column that will change is the experience level and not air or defense skills like before. Could the Devs please take a look at this.

Thanks,
Pete
Post #: 1
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 2:43:12 PM   
medicff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

It appears that there was a tweak done to the prior version which toned down pilot training significantly. While I admit that you could gain a lot of experience fast in the previous version the pendulum seesm to have swung to the opposite extreme now. I have not been able to get any pilots trained anywhere in the GC. Even in combat some fighter pilots will not gain any experience (from their 40s and 50s level) for shooting down a plane! When the experience level does change for some fighter pilots who shoot down a plane the only column that will change is the experience level and not air or defense skills like before. Could the Devs please take a look at this.

Thanks,
Pete

I concur and have played several turns just to be sure that the rate has gone down considerably. Forget training even when on uncontested bombing missions from a lvl 5 AF, well supplied and AV support, 45-50% bombing accuracy = only 1 or 2 green skill improvements total (thats 2 pilots) from 10-15 pilots over 3 turns.

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 2
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 3:23:01 PM   
Cathartes

watching this. please keep us posted, anyone, for US and Japanese.

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 3
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 3:42:01 PM   
michaelm75au

Are we talking about the pilot 10+ skills or the pilot experience value?

Michael

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 4
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 3:48:08 PM   
medicff

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Are we talking about the pilot 10+ skills or the pilot experience value?

Both I think however experience skills are hard to see over a few turns anyway. The specific skills usually jump up daily one point for several of the pilots especially when your dealing with 20-40 pts of experience in the category.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 5
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 4:25:44 PM   
michaelm75au

The low skills get an initial bonus as they increase; generally if you survive, your gaining from better skills.
This bonus was originally 5 but for the patch it got changed to 3, basically cutting back the increments by 40%. This was not intentional but a change I had left in there from some other skill checks I was doing. It has been moved back to 5 as it was originally was.

Michael

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 6
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 5:39:23 PM   
medicff

quote:

The low skills get an initial bonus as they increase; generally if you survive, your gaining from better skills.
This bonus was originally 5 but for the patch it got changed to 3, basically cutting back the increments by 40%. This was not intentional but a change I had left in there from some other skill checks I was doing. It has been moved back to 5 as it was originally was.

Thanks
IMO the original was fine as it only really changed specific skills with any noticeable increases not overall experience and gave a poor unit a chance to go to combat within a month with a fighting chance

Post #: 7
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 5:46:19 PM   
pad152

This is bad news for the Japanese, take a group of Bettys or Nells with an avg exp of 75, half of them will be killed before they every gain any more experince, then it's all down hill. Japan can't afford 2 or 3 months to train pilots just to get them to 55 or 60 only to have half of the die in their first naval attack!

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 8
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 5:49:38 PM   
erstad

The training mission seems to have been significantly nerfed as well. I did a quick test (didn't capture all the quantitative results) where I put all of the bombers that start at Takao on 100% training for ASW (head to head mode). At the end of 9 days, there were a number of units that had no improvement, period. A few had maybe 3-5 pilots that had been improved.

Note the ASW skill starts low, so it's not like these guys were already in the 60-80s

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 9
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 6:45:56 PM   
PeteG662

All,

Watch the pilot training screen. I am not getting any "green" number changes to anything other than the EXP column and that is only after combat for some fighter pilots when they shoot down another plane (but not always). It doesn't matter where the unit is, supply status, or anything else since it is happening across the entire map for all nationalities. The training mission is not giving me any "green" number changes on the screen nor is experience from combat action other than the noted EXP column above so in effect all the other attributes are not changing! I am playing Allied versus AI if that helps.

Pete 

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 10
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 8:03:11 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Making sure I understand you - it was changed to 3 in the beta patch but will be back to 5 in the official patch?

Post #: 11
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/29/2009 8:11:24 PM   
medicff

Everyone please read Michaels post #6 that he accidentally changed while bug hunting and will change to original.

quote:

< Message edited by medicff -- 8/29/2009 8:12:13 PM >

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 12
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/30/2009 12:11:45 AM   
Bandkanon

Anyone know if users can mod this themselves in a saved game and not from the scenario. I would like to turn the exp bonus back up to 5 myself and not have to start a new GC.

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 13
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/30/2009 2:24:24 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bandkanon

Anyone know if users can mod this themselves in a saved game and not from the scenario. I would like to turn the exp bonus back up to 5 myself and not have to start a new GC.

This is in the code not the save files.
When the official patch is released it will automatically be reset to 5..no restart

Michael

(in reply to Bandkanon)
Post #: 14
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/30/2009 2:56:31 AM   
erstad

Has the training mission been deliberately nerfed in the public beta, or was that accidental?

Or is it unclear whether the training mission has been nerfed and it would be useful for me to collect and post some objective data?

Post #: 15
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/30/2009 3:56:48 AM   
GB68

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Making sure I understand you - it was changed to 3 in the beta patch but will be back to 5 in the official patch?

Interesting! I was waiting to play a GC until the first patch. When the beta was released, I decided to start one. As I am only a couple days in to it, I think I will now wait till the official patch is released.

GB.

< Message edited by GB68 -- 8/30/2009 3:58:04 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 16
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/30/2009 10:22:38 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

Has the training mission been deliberately nerfed in the public beta, or was that accidental?

Or is it unclear whether the training mission has been nerfed and it would be useful for me to collect and post some objective data?

My error, was not intentional.

Michael

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 17
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/30/2009 3:10:42 PM   
erstad

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

My error, was not intentional.

Thanks! Sorry if it seemed like I was flogging the dead horse, but I wasn't sure if your earlier messages meant both combat missions and training missions, or combat missions only.

Post #: 18
RE: v1083c Pilot training and experience gain - 8/31/2009 10:41:07 AM   
Przemcio231

After 7 days of CG i say something must be broken... i set some units to train and during those 7 days non got any exp or skill gain i purposly changed commanders in some squadrons.
My Combat units gain some EXP during combat ops but no skills increase even if a unit is seeing extensive combat ops any chance of bringing the old system in the official Path???
Overall i haven't seen a single point Skill increase in any of my units!

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> v1083c Pilot training and experience gain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI