Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign choices

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Campaign choices Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign choices - 6/12/2002 4:08:06 PM   
Bradock78436

I was wondering if someone could suggest a good campaign for me? I'm playing US/USMC, trying to find one that will go from Africa, through Omaha and all the way to berlin, and a USMC that will start at Guadal Canal and go all the way to Iwo Jima. Theoretical invasion of Japan wouldn't hurt either. :) Also, tips on selecting units wouldn't hurt. I usually try a few tank destroyers, 4 shermans, maybe a flame tank. Then rangers with trucks or HT's keeps them mobile, plus they fight very well and can infiltrate.. Sometimes handy for setting up a temporary defense before the armor arrives on meeting engagements. Also, interested in playing IP games if anyone knows of an active league.
Post #: 1
- 6/12/2002 6:28:40 PM   
Resisti

There's no custom campaign covering so long war periods/theatre.
The nearest which comes in mind is "From Utah to Rhine", provided with the game download.
If you want the ultimate on North Africa, buy Megacampaign "Desert Fox", if you're looking for as real thrill on Guadlacanal soil, buy Megacampaign "WatchTower".
You can find them on the Matrix store page.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Bradock78436)
Post #: 2
- 6/13/2002 1:32:10 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]There's no custom campaign covering so long war periods/theatre.
The nearest which comes in mind is "From Utah to Rhine", provided with the game download.
If you want the ultimate on North Africa, buy Megacampaign "Desert Fox", if you're looking for as real thrill on Guadlacanal soil, buy Megacampaign "WatchTower".
You can find them on the Matrix store page. [/B][/QUOTE]

Doesn't the Long Road to Victory add together Preparing the Way, Utah to the Rhine, and the Victors?

That is the longest custom campaign that I recall.

The nature of the Pacific fighting was that different divisions would invade different islands, while the survivors of the previous invasion were refitting, I don't recall any unit that fought on more than 4-5 islands during the war. Someone could create an ahistorical campaign where the same unit invaded all the islands and fought in Burma and China to boot, but no actual unit did all of that.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Bradock78436)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Campaign choices Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI