Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making this game free like PureSim Baseball?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making this game free like PureSim Baseball? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making thi... - 8/11/2009 8:29:43 PM   
Saintsfan54

Hi all,
I am not making this thread as a disrespect to Dave Winters or Matrix Games. I have been monitoring this game for many years awaiting a demo or the price to decline like all other pc games. However; we have now reached a point where the game is no longer supported or updated, but is still sold for $50 (physical copy). Given the following items:

1) The game is no longer supported
2) The game is no longer updated
3) The game has no demo
4) The game remains at the original price point of $50 (physical copy). In all honesty, I would have a tough time spending $20 on a "dead" product.

I was wondering if any discussions to make this game Free like you just did with Pure Sim Baseball?

Please know that I mean no disrespect by asking this and completely understand if the answer is no.

Thanks for your time

Post #: 1
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/14/2009 3:32:29 PM   
grrncore

hey there, i cant help it but i have to reply to this message, i also have this game, yes it should be free by now, but there are other alternatives, like search it in the net, i just found it in the net with a crack! i did not down load it cause i already have it, and I'm finished with this game...it is dead, well not really dead, there are hardcore fans out there still exist, like maxmykal.com, but its about 70 to 80 percent uniforms.

if anybody out ther who wants this game free, search for it in the net, its there, i just saw it recently,.

FORMER MILLIONAIRE---" i had a million dollars but i spend it all"
---"i really don't care"

(in reply to Saintsfan54)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/15/2009 1:24:27 AM   
Saintsfan54

Wow, that is not the response I was looking for.

Grrncore, I am not looking to steal the game. David Winters worked hard on this game and Matrix Games stepped-up and published the title. The rights to the entire game belong to David and Matrix. The only way I will be downloading (or playing this game since there is no demo) is if I either decide to purchase it or it is released like PureSim Baseball was.

On the other front, given that there has been 70+ views and no response from Matrix, I assume no response will be forthcoming - although I hope I am wrong. Anyway, I hope you guys who own the game are enjoying it since there is again no Madden 2010 (or any other football game) for pc. :(

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/16/2009 11:25:04 PM   
Mykal

Well it seems replies to this message get deleted anyway

I already replied and its gone
Tullius replied and its gone

So perhaps you take that as your answer from Matrix

grrncore

have you checked maxmykal.com properly are you even an active member ?
yes I make/ have made lots of uniforms
but theirs far more to be had their than just uniforms

(in reply to Saintsfan54)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/17/2009 7:18:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

We have not deleted any messages here as far as I know and the only other moderator is David Winter, who has not logged in here since April according to his account, so I don't see how messages could have gone missing unless there was some kind of forum database glitch.

To respond to the original poster, we have had no communication with David regarding making this free or reducing the price, so it remains on sale per our original agreement with him.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 8/17/2009 7:21:11 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/17/2009 8:07:32 PM   
Tullius

quote:

I have not made a reply.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/17/2009 8:56:16 PM   
hack153

perhaps someone should contact david and see if he is willing to drop the price to $9.99.  i think that would be the proper price for the product.

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/18/2009 3:54:23 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tullius

quote:

I have not made a reply.

I'm certain you did Tullius
in your reply you told the guy to email David direct
it was a bit ago, so maybe you forget but I know I read it

But no worries its unimportant anyway........

Edit: actually scratch that, your right and I'm wrong
it was another topic, post and member altogether, I just came across it again

Hahahahahahahahahaha............. just ignore me, I'm having one of those weeks

< Message edited by Mykal -- 8/18/2009 4:01:58 AM >

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 8/18/2009 8:22:14 AM   
Tullius

quote:

Hahahahahahahahahaha............. just ignore me, I'm having one of those weeks

No wonder. We have here in Europe tropical temperatures ...

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/2/2009 4:28:34 AM   
Marauders

I guess I'll jump in here on a few things.

First, there have not been any posts deleted from this thread.  David is a moderator by name only, as he isn't here much, and I am no longer a moderator.  Even in the past, very few posts have been deleted from this forum, and those were generally for rules violations or blatant trolling.  I can say that I received many more PMs to delete posts than I ever considered deleting, and I had to balance David's want to delete potential trolls with wont of Matrix Games not to delete posts.

As far as the game being free, I don't believe it should be.  A lot of very hard work went into the game, and some costs have to be recovered.  That stated, I do not believe the game has ever been priced correctly for the market, and a price of $19.99 for a hard copy would match the market better. 

As I believe Matrix Games is burning through their current hard inventory, I assume they would like to keep the price up and make maximum profit on each game until they sell out - no matter how long that takes.  I don't know what the actual sunk costs are, so I can't give as good a final price as someone at Matrix Games could.

David does not control the price; he never did.  From the start, he stated he wanted the game to go out "at about $30."  That didn't happen, and any sales basically cost David a good portion of his profit.  It's too bad that Maximum Football was priced and marketed like a massive wargame, as the markets for the products were not the same.  The guys at Matrix Games have been pretty nice to work with, but they made a few mistakes along the way, and pricing was one of them.  As always, that is my informed opinion and nothing more.

As it is, if Madden for the PC combined the best of Madden and Head Coach, this game would be all but dead.  Even though Maximum Football can do many things that Madden will never do, advances have been made in other areas that many game buyers cannot ignore.  Perhaps Maximum Football 3.0 will do better, but it isn't going to be a Matrix Games product, and that means that David will have even less resources than he did in the past.  I guess we'll see how that goes.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/2/2009 11:15:38 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

I guess I'll jump in here on a few things.

First, there have not been any posts deleted from this thread.  David is a moderator by name only, as he isn't here much, and I am no longer a moderator.  Even in the past, very few posts have been deleted from this forum, and those were generally for rules violations or blatant trolling.  I can say that I received many more PMs to delete posts than I ever considered deleting, and I had to balance David's want to delete potential trolls with wont of Matrix Games not to delete posts.

we already established it was my mistake
but just like always you had to drag it up again

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/8/2009 6:20:56 PM   
long_time_fan

Hi Guys,
I do not believe that this game should be free at all.  Dave was basically a one man show with this game, which was why it took so long to go gold.  If Matrix can burn through its inventory, at least Dave will get some remuneration (paltry though it may be IMO) for all the man hours he spent trying to satisfy everyone's desire for an total Football game (that dealt with arcade and coach game playing, coaching elements in team profile design and play design, career modes, and even the rudiments of a financial management system - with gate receipts and a dynamic attendance element based on the team's performance).  When I think of what this game could've been, I am a little saddened that it didn't turn out.  I am totally surprised that one guy could do what he did and for my money, I have enjoyed this game far in excess of what I paid.  Part of the benefit was seeing guys like Mykal create stadiums, uniforms, and offering helpful advice to make the game even more than what I got in the mail. I am still playing and will still be playing until a total CFL sim comes out (which may sadly be when MAXFB-III ships in the future).
LTF

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/8/2009 8:56:49 PM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: long_time_fan

Hi Guys,
I do not believe that this game should be free at all.  Dave was basically a one man show with this game, which was why it took so long to go gold.  If Matrix can burn through its inventory, at least Dave will get some remuneration (paltry though it may be IMO) for all the man hours he spent trying to satisfy everyone's desire for an total Football game (that dealt with arcade and coach game playing, coaching elements in team profile design and play design, career modes, and even the rudiments of a financial management system - with gate receipts and a dynamic attendance element based on the team's performance).  When I think of what this game could've been, I am a little saddened that it didn't turn out.  I am totally surprised that one guy could do what he did and for my money, I have enjoyed this game far in excess of what I paid. Part of the benefit was seeing guys like Mykal create stadiums, uniforms, and offering helpful advice to make the game even more than what I got in the mail. I am still playing and will still be playing until a total CFL sim comes out (which may sadly be when MAXFB-III ships in the future).
LTF

Thanks Man,
Guys like yourself are what made continue to do the things I do,
always polite and pleasant....... its been a joy to serve you in my own small way.

(in reply to long_time_fan)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/9/2009 9:27:54 PM   
kg_1007

Just my two cents. I also purchased this game, at full price. But I believe it was a mistake, as almost instantly, within less than 1 week, there were notes on here stating it will no longer be supported. Out of the many hundreds of dollars I have spent on Matrix games products, this one came the closest to a disappointment. There seem to be no more leagues, etc. Do not get me wrong, I can definitely SEE where a lot of work went into it, I just should have done my "recon" first, to know that I was buying an unsupported, unplayed game....probably, I would have still purchased at some point, but my expectations would have been lower at least.
I hate to make a post entirely negative, so I will clarify, that I do like the game, just, see much room for improvement, and some strange things in it, that it would be nice if I could just think"well, it will be fixed in the next patch".
I do not believe the game should be free, I agree much work went into it. I would much prefer some more support, and would even go the opposite way, and say I would purchase patches probably.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/10/2009 2:03:47 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: kg_1007

There seem to be no more leagues, etc.

Their are Leagues still up and running, you maybe just aint looking in the right places
this forum is no longer the main place folk come too.......... check around you'll stumble on 'em

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/10/2009 8:27:25 PM   
kg_1007

Hello Mykal,
your work is one of the best things about the game, so no offense at all meant to you. I will look deeper for the leagues, thank you.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/11/2009 12:19:45 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: kg_1007

Hello Mykal,
your work is one of the best things about the game, so no offense at all meant to you. I will look deeper for the leagues, thank you.

No offense Taken Buddy........ you have the right to your own opinions on the game, just as I do.

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/14/2009 8:08:36 PM   
kg_1007

Mykal,
Thank you. You were correct, there still are people playing this game, and it did not really take much "digging" to find...I guess before I was looking in the wrong places is all.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making... - 9/15/2009 2:19:05 AM   
Mykal

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Matrix, has any discussion occured regarding making this game free like PureSim Baseball? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI