Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where did the train go?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Where did the train go? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 11:39:01 AM   
JohnDillworth

I moved the Australian 6th division to Perth, combined them, put them in strategic mode, waited to turns and sent them twords Brisbane. About the 2nd day in they are in the middle of the desert, they have been switched to move mode instead of strategic mode, and they are now marching twords Brisbane. Where did the train go and why can they be automatically switched from strategic move to regular move? Bug?

Attachment (1)

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Post #: 1
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 12:11:03 PM   
vlcz

ummm it seems you have an active japanese fifht column out there, apply countermeasures quickly!!!  

BTW I had same problem in karachi-calcuta transit (a most used route) a couple of times, happily there is no such a long way to re-embark in another city as in the australian desert...

< Message edited by vlcz -- 9/9/2009 12:13:41 PM >

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 1:33:37 PM   
Flying Tiger

while they're happily marching across the desert why not set them t oplan for something useful? I'm pretty confident that they wont be assaulting Aden anytime soon.

And i do wonder how they're getting supplied out there - the transport to feed and water them would be at least enough to haul them somewhere.

Bug i say. Kill it!!!

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 3
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 1:50:30 PM   
JohnDillworth

Bug it is me thinks.  Change the destination, and am sending 600 miles to the nearest train station.  I am quite irritated though as this unit was essential to my strategy in the SW pacific.  I have been on this game for about 3 weeks and now I will have to trash it because of this bug.

Bad developers, bad!!

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 4
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 1:54:22 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Bug it is me thinks.  Change the destination, and am sending 600 miles to the nearest train station.  I am quite irritated though as this unit was essential to my strategy in the SW pacific.  I have been on this game for about 3 weeks and now I will have to trash it because of this bug.

Bad developers, bad!!

Which hex is the unit in?

If you have any save games, especially from just before this happened, could you please post them in the support forum?

Thanks,
Andrew

< Message edited by Andrew Brown -- 9/9/2009 1:55:59 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 2:05:05 PM   
M2A2

Where did the train go??????

I can shed some light here at least.

The Ghan railway ran from Adelaide to Alice where it terminated. 
In 2004 the section between Alice and Darwin was opened. Better late than never.

Why the program sent you up there as a viable route to Brisbane ..... that's gotta be a bug.

That was not necessary,
Guns are a last resort, we're Phantom Agents

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 6
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 2:07:33 PM   
JohnDillworth

68, 151  The oldest save I have still has the unit stuck.  Looks like it has been there 2 weeks.  I already posted the best save I have in the hope that someone can get the unit out of the desert.

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 7
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 2:21:23 PM   
JohnDillworth

OK, found older saves, zeroing in on it now, should have one that is close. Additional info. When I put it on the train it was going to Syndney, while on the train I changed the destination to Brisbane. This is probably when the problem started.

Post #: 8
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 2:27:03 PM   
JohnDillworth

Got the turn before it went bad, and the turn after.  Both in the support forum.  BUG!!!

Post #: 9
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 2:47:35 PM   
JohnDillworth

repeatable bug with save file and instructions for reproducing posted in the support forum.

And the best kind of bug! If there is such a thing. An entirely repeatable bug. Just load up the turn before, let the turn run and the train disappears right out from under an entire Division! and a good Division! Defenseless! The Aliens come right out to the desert and snatches the train without anyone firing a shot! Anybody remember the series Firely? I think something like that happened there. Or maybe a balloon bomb got the train?

Post #: 10
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 5:12:22 PM   
BigJ62

Found the problem.

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

Post #: 11
RE: Where did the train go? - 9/9/2009 5:34:50 PM   
FOW

I've seen similar but less drastic events in southern Oz. A couple of units moving from Adelaide to Brisbane took the road (3 hexes a turn movement) straight across instead of the train (10 hexes a turn). sorry no saves.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Where did the train go? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI