Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve - 9/10/2009 1:25:41 AM   
kenwolfe

I have been running some computer-vs-computer games of a scenario I am working on to check the play balance. I notice Elmer is doing an odd thing with one of the armies. All of the infantry corps formations seem to get stuck with all the units in Tactical Reserve mode. Of course in that mode they don't do much of anything until or unless there is a battle in an adjacent hex they can support. Checking in the deployment editor I confirmed that all these formations start off with General Orders of Secure, and all the units start off in Mobile status. What should be a general offensive quickly comes to a halt with most of the army units in Tactical Reserve mode. Two other armies in the same Force don't seem to have this problem, most of the units remain in Mobile status as I would expect for a force that is launching a general offensive. Has anyone ever seen this before or have any idea why Elmer is doing this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ken Wolfe
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Post #: 1
RE: Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve - 9/10/2009 7:14:24 AM   
Silvanski

did you use the artillery-infantry counter? in that case those units will act as arty... I've seen that inFruhlingserwachen and an older converted TOAW1 scenario

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to kenwolfe)
Post #: 2
RE: Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve - 9/10/2009 11:44:26 PM   
kenwolfe

Yes, that was the problem. Changing the icon from infantry-artillery to infantry solved the problem. Thanks.

Ken Wolfe
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 3
RE: Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve - 9/13/2009 2:46:48 AM   
L`zard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski
did you use the artillery-infantry counter? in that case those units will act as arty... I've seen that inFruhlingserwachen and an older converted TOAW1 scenario

Sil; this thread (and answer) should be copied to either YOUR site or to an article in the GS/Scenario Design forum, and a link to the University!

"artillery-infantry counter"..........wtf,over? I'll prolly know it when I see it, but this definition has me on my knees, LOL!

"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 4
RE: Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve - 9/13/2009 7:45:27 AM   
Silvanski

Check the unit counter overview in the pdf manual -pages 41 and 42- it shows which units are "artillery coded", in other words, provide ranged support.
Elmer will try to keep these units in the second line as much as posible, and on T support

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to L`zard)
Post #: 5
RE: Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve - 9/13/2009 8:38:12 AM   
Silvanski

Here's an example of the infantry-artillery counter in use, to represent a Feldtrager Division

Attachment (1)

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Elmer stuck in Tactical Reserve Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI