Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

why I like this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> why I like this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
why I like this game - 9/11/2009 10:38:34 PM   
H. Hoth

I have played this game many times and every time I play it's never the same game twice. I had France decline the armistice forcing me to take out all the french, which took a very long time and it really hurt me on the eastern front. I had the USSR declare war on me in May, 1940. I had Romania declare war on me, I had Hungary declaring war on Romania. I had the USSR decline the Finnish armistice. I had Spain joining the axis. I had the UK invade Italy without the US, and once I had Estonia declaring war on the USSR. Anyone else have experiences like this?

"in the absence of orders, go find something and kill it"
Generaloberst E. Rommel
Post #: 1
RE: why I like this game - 9/11/2009 11:31:29 PM   
gwgardner

Just had the US get a Pearl Harbor event in June, '41, and then the US declared war on the Axis, right when German was launching Barbarossa.

(in reply to H. Hoth)
Post #: 2
RE: why I like this game - 9/12/2009 4:45:57 AM   
MemoryLeak

too bad the naval module is straight from 1981. Its been 25 years since I played a game with such a convoluted method of performing tasks. Why would anyone want to take so many steps backwards?

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 3
RE: why I like this game - 9/12/2009 7:10:10 AM   
Michael the Pole

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak

too bad the naval module is straight from 1981. Its been 25 years since I played a game with such a convoluted method of performing tasks. Why would anyone want to take so many steps backwards?

Memoryleak, please take a look at the "Naval units" thread (from late August) for suggestions on the hopefully upcoming naval patch. We REALLY need people to push these improvements on the developers (who tend to be track-toads, and can sometimes be pretty uninvolved in the naval game.) They do respond to community concerns, however, so if you want to see the naval game improved, PLEASE SAY SO![
It's probably not going to happen if people don't demonstrate their interest in a naval patch.

< Message edited by Michael the Pole -- 9/12/2009 4:49:55 PM >

"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> why I like this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI