Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Shipyards

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Allied Shipyards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Shipyards - 9/12/2009 9:26:09 PM   
tbridges

What's the best way to increase the size of an Allied shipyard? I would like to increase the size of the shipyard at PH. If I turn off repair for all the other resources and just leave repair "On" for the shipyard, will this focus resources on the shipyard so it will build up faster?
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/12/2009 9:49:38 PM   
SimonDC

To expand the shipyard yes, but I notice you say repair. If the airfield or runways or port are damaged they will be fixed first. They have to have zero damage before you can begin to expand the port, airfield, or defenses.

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/12/2009 9:55:52 PM   
tbridges

I say repair because that is the only thing I can control on the Resources displays. I don't want to increase the Port, the Airfields or the Fortifications, I want to increase the size of the shipyards. (Listed with the other resources...Manpower, Light Industry, etc.)

< Message edited by tbridges -- 9/12/2009 9:57:12 PM >

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/12/2009 10:51:54 PM   
beppi

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbridges

I say repair because that is the only thing I can control on the Resources displays. I don't want to increase the Port, the Airfields or the Fortifications, I want to increase the size of the shipyards. (Listed with the other resources...Manpower, Light Industry, etc.)

you cant increase shipyard sizes as allied.

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 12:18:29 AM   
rockmedic109

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbridges

What's the best way to increase the size of an Allied shipyard? I would like to increase the size of the shipyard at PH. If I turn off repair for all the other resources and just leave repair "On" for the shipyard, will this focus resources on the shipyard so it will build up faster?

The editor.

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 5
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 1:53:49 AM   
John Lansford

Beppi is correct; you can't change the size of Allied shipyards without using the editor.  Only the Japanese player can do that.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 6
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 4:35:34 AM   
SimonDC

tbridges, You can increase Allied shipyards up to their maximum. In my game Pearl started as 70,000 at the start because I hadn't built up the port. Once the port was at level 8 the shipyard was 90,000 give or take. You can't expand them beyond the maximum port size but you do need to maximize the port size. It has nothing to do with the industry buttons at the bottom of the screen, just a function of the maximum port size. If I recall correctly Alameda will increase to a large shipyard but it starts small since the port is not well developed at the beginning.

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 7
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 9:05:24 AM   
FOW

quote:

ORIGINAL: SimonDC

tbridges, You can increase Allied shipyards up to their maximum. In my game Pearl started as 70,000 at the start because I hadn't built up the port. Once the port was at level 8 the shipyard was 90,000 give or take. You can't expand them beyond the maximum port size but you do need to maximize the port size. It has nothing to do with the industry buttons at the bottom of the screen, just a function of the maximum port size. If I recall correctly Alameda will increase to a large shipyard but it starts small since the port is not well developed at the beginning.

Wrong I'm afraid. You are referring to port size and docking limits - the OP is referring to REPAIR SHIPYARDS (this is a function of the industry buttons at bottom of screen).

As Allied you cannot expand Repair Shipyards, only Japan has that option under the Production system.

At scen1 start PH is a level 7 port with max docking limit of 104,000tons and an max individual ship size of 60,000tons. The separate Repair Shipyard has a size of 100 (equals 100,000tons max capacity)

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 8
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 4:48:56 PM   
tbridges

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW)
At scen1 start PH is a level 7 port with max docking limit of 104,000tons and an max individual ship size of 60,000tons. The separate Repair Shipyard has a size of 100 (equals 100,000tons max capacity)

I just started Scen1 as the Allies and the shipyard at PH in my game starts out at 70. Does this mean it was damaged in the attack and must be "repaired" back up to a max of 100?

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 9
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 5:39:42 PM   
SimonDC

tbridges, I may have misspoken earlier. You can't expand the shipyard beyond its max but it will increase in capacity as you expand the port size. At least that is my experience with PH, by the time the port is fully built up the shipyard should be 90,000 or so in capacity.

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 10
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 5:44:45 PM   
Smeulders

Well, you may have that impression due to the shipyard being repaired at the same time as you are expanding the port, however, to my knowledge the two aren't related.

@ tbridges, indeed, part of the PH shipyard starts out damaged. You have to repair it to get it up to its max capacity.

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 11
RE: Allied Shipyards - 9/13/2009 5:51:14 PM   
tbridges

Thanks everyone! 

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Allied Shipyards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI