Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

frogmen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> frogmen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
frogmen - 11/3/2000 9:05:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Change the movement for "special forces" to include movement in water, what do you think? ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR
Post #: 1
- 11/3/2000 9:57:00 AM   
Desert Fox

Frogmen would be nice, but they would be special forces engineers with sniper like invisibility and amphibious movement. Talk about your jack of all trades. There would have to be an entirely new class.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 11/3/2000 12:07:00 PM   
Randy

Pack Rat, I love this idea!! SEALs, Force Recon, etc. You ought to mention this in the SPMW site while they're still doing their research. Excellent idea. Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
- 11/3/2000 10:18:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I agree. A new class for Frogmen,Seals, etc would be great and even more important in modern warfare game of this scale. They would need engineer qualities too for destroying obstacles. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 4
- 11/4/2000 6:16:00 AM   
Pack Rat

I'm not good at editing oob's so if anyone has the energy... What would happen if you gave the sniper say a pisol, and a couple of satchel charges, a good number for water movement and no raft. Send it in the water. Would the unit still appear? Would the unit go in the water? Could it disarm mines? Just finding them would be a big help. Or maybe a two man special ops team set up the same way. Can you imagine knowing you have to defend or delay and turn after turn goes by with nothing being seen. I'd start freaking. Would you start laying down precious artillery fire and giving your on board away? Would you set up patrols, something very important in any war and yet not much need for it in this version. Just some thoughts ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 5
- 11/4/2000 7:27:00 AM   
ncpanther

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: I'm not good at editing oob's so if anyone has the energy... What would happen if you gave the sniper say a pisol, and a couple of satchel charges, a good number for water movement and no raft. Send it in the water. Would the unit still appear? Would the unit go in the water? Could it disarm mines? Just finding them would be a big help. Or maybe a two man special ops team set up the same way. Can you imagine knowing you have to defend or delay and turn after turn goes by with nothing being seen. I'd start freaking. Would you start laying down precious artillery fire and giving your on board away? Would you set up patrols, something very important in any war and yet not much need for it in this version. Just some thoughts
Ok Pack R, I have never fooled with the oobs but I gave it a shot with your idea. Did it with a Phillipne snipe. here goes: colt .45 6 satchel charges Bow & arrow HE 10 AP 5 (yes its in there! ) Knee Mortar 5 water move =10 land move =12 FC=5 IR=2 RgF=5 ROF=2 Survive=5 smoke=yes cost=25 I upped the cost from 12 to 25 but when I tested it it only cost 19. Dont know why.also I couldn't get him to fire the Bow. unsure why ???? If ya want I will send you the oob ( if I can figure out which one it is) and the test scen( it was VERY small) Anyway, I liked the idea so I gave it a shot, I'm sure it could be improved upon. ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 6
- 11/4/2000 10:00:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Did you try to move the unit in the water? Maybe the arrow was just silent. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 7
- 11/5/2000 1:43:00 AM   
skukko

Excellent! Forward Observation from the man who is in the water! Remember to set radio availability to the man. If this idea of yours works, maybe I'll get editors open and start doing one Fin vs Russian occupation campaign out of the area I'm living. Those who didn't réad my message here somewhere: Russians hired Hankoniemi from Finland after winterwar and according to papers and books, here was 25000 russian soldiers against Fins 5000. Everybody and everything were entranched. Most of the action took place at islands and windblowing rocks which were fortified heavily. Tanks were not here at here, but special forces and lots of artillery. I believe I'm the onlyone whos interested of this, but you never know...?

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 8
- 11/5/2000 1:48:00 AM   
skukko

Btw. 6000 of those russians were somekind of navys elite troops, who came here to learn heavy fight against infantry in very difficult situations. They later turned their way to this Stalingrad battle as the last hope reinforcements.

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 9
- 11/5/2000 3:11:00 AM   
ncpanther

yes I moved him in the water way out to sea! water depth was -3 . However he could not take VHs that were in the water. Not sure about the bow yet. I did give him a radio also. Going to try giving him some type of naval prop that will allow him to take those VHs. ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 10
- 11/5/2000 8:11:00 AM   
Viriato

Hello all , great ideia about the frogman , but about taking VHs , I don't know , That depends on the VH, if its those that once taken they're taken ( sorry but I dont remember the proper name ) thats real cool , there's one italian unit that sunk several ships in Alexandria ( I believe ...)during WWII. But on the other hand having frogman taking normal VHs thats wrong because these units ( like LURPS in Nam ) were thought for recce/sapper/snatch missions and once discovered they evaced not stood and fight . About the equipment , probably something in the line of satchel charges and a handgun like the german MP38/40 SMG no ? Like i've said in the beginning , Pack Rat had a great ideia and this could be a very usefull unit in everyones OOB.

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 11
- 11/5/2000 5:55:00 PM   
Arralen

Units with recon ability cannot take VCs !!! Standard Sniper has recon ability Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 12
- 11/5/2000 9:01:00 PM   
ncpanther

quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: Units with recon ability cannot take VCs !!! Standard Sniper has recon ability Arralen
Thanks Arralen, that answers that question. Any idea why the Bow wont fire?? ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 13
- 11/5/2000 9:08:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Actually its sniper class units that can't take victory hexes, units with recon ability can, I did so just last night!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 14
- 11/7/2000 3:08:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Actually its sniper class units that can't take victory hexes, units with recon ability can, I did so just last night!
OOooopppss .. sorry about that .. you're right (obvioulsy ). A.

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 15
- 11/7/2000 5:14:00 PM   
ncpanther

I gave the "frogman" engineer abilities so now he takes VH. Still cant get him to fire anything but the .45 and satchel charge. He also seems to have lost his sniper abilities. Is there a way to give the sniper engineer abilities without losing his sniper status?? I cant seem to do it in the oob editor. Am I missing something?? ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 16
- 11/7/2000 5:59:00 PM   
mogami

Hi the Italian frogmen sank a BB in Alexandria by riding a torpedo (Named Chariot but called Pigs)into the harbour and bailing off after getting them pointed the right direction. It never ceases to amaze me what you can talk people into doing "Heres the idea see, you get on this here torpedo and ride it into the enemy port and jump off ok" pause "ok" I won't touch Kamikaze missions or the explosive on a pole AT trick. But keep working on this frogman unit idea I know my buddy Tankhead will find a way to get one into our battles (put a lake in middle of map) Next we will have the Aussie version of the Pig attacking Singapore!!! ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 17
- 11/10/2000 3:19:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by ncpanther: I gave the "frogman" engineer abilities so now he takes VH. Still cant get him to fire anything but the .45 and satchel charge. He also seems to have lost his sniper abilities. Is there a way to give the sniper engineer abilities without losing his sniper status?? I cant seem to do it in the oob editor. Am I missing something??
Hehehe .. yeap. From the manual (p.83): Prime Infantry Weapon – This is an important class as every trooper in the unit is assumed to have one and will fire it if they pass an experience check. Secondary infantry weapons are fired only once. If the unit has fewer than four men, weapons will “drop out’ starting with slot 4. So don’t give a two-man unit three weapons. The third one will never be used.

..shure this helps ! Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> frogmen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI