Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PCGamer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> PCGamer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PCGamer - 6/14/2002 10:01:24 AM   
Von_Frag

Does any of the Matrix or 2by3 staff know when Trotter over at PC Gamer is going to do a review? Or has one been done already? He has been lamenting for years about the decline of the art of wargaming and UV could give him some much needed ammo. It was through his review of SPWAW that I found Matrix.

Von Frag
Post #: 1
- 6/14/2002 10:42:49 AM   
svhrg

I don't know when PC Gamer will get to a review. However, I do believe we can help the process. About three weeks ago I unanimously sent an e-mail to Gamespot describing UV/Matrix and what I thought of it. I am sure that countless other fans probably did the same thing in order to get Gamespot to actually go out and review the game. I sugest we do the same thing with PC GAmer and (through the fans) voice our oppinion. At the end of the day, all these game reviewers want to know is that people are enjoying certain types of games before they go out and review them.

Let's help spread the word.

Let's face it, this game is great and it is only getting better from this point. Matrix is known to be on the ball with customer support - just look at all the happy players of SPWaW.

R

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 2
- 6/14/2002 11:16:05 AM   
Fred98

I wonder if this woyuld be William Trotter who wrote guides to Close Combats 1, 2, and 3?

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 3
- 6/14/2002 2:13:03 PM   
Huskalator

William Trotter is just about the only thing worth reading in PCGamer these days. Man has that magazine gone downhill. Just my somewhat off topic two cents.

SW Episode 2:Good movie, bad love story

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 4
- 6/14/2002 6:44:34 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Man has that magazine gone downhill. [/QUOTE]

Haven´t all gaming magazines ?

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 5
- 6/14/2002 6:53:51 PM   
msaario

Computer Gaming World was for a long time my favorite gaming magazine, I subscribed to it for years and was reading it since... gee, I don't know... the eighties?? Once they started adding those lame CDs with free demos on it, it's been downhill in my eyes. The number of pages withered and there seemed to be less and less wargaming news. It was sad to see a good mag change so much.

And the $15 or so they are asking for a single issue at newstand (if it is still available, that is) is way too much for a magazine with free demos.

--Mikko

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 6
Correct - 6/15/2002 12:53:19 AM   
Von_Frag

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe 98
[B]I wonder if this woyuld be William Trotter who wrote guides to Close Combats 1, 2, and 3? [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be William Trotter. Don't know about any guides he wrote.

Von Frag

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 7
- 6/15/2002 2:22:11 AM   
82nd Airborne

[QUOTE]Originally posted by svhrg
[B]I unanimously sent an e-mail to Gamespot describing UV/Matrix and what I thought of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

No offense, but this cracked me up. :^)

"I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal." - Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 8
- 6/15/2002 2:37:46 AM   
HardTimes

no offense but i think trotter is somewhat of an idiot

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 9
Possible - 6/15/2002 3:11:29 AM   
Von_Frag

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HardTimes
[B]no offense but i think trotter is somewhat of an idiot [/B][/QUOTE]

Be that as it may in your opinion, he is the only person associated with mass media giving voice to wargaming as a whole. For good or bad, it's pretty much all we have right now. Unless of course you have a better alternative?

Von Frag

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 10
- 6/15/2002 4:19:36 AM   
David Heath

Bill Trotter has always supported the wargame communtiy and really help get the word out about Matrix Games and our first products. I am grateful for his support. I agree there is really nothing else worth reading in PCGamer except his column.

David

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 11
- 6/15/2002 4:25:22 AM   
AlvinS

PC Gamer Is how I found out about the Matrix version of Pac War back in November 2000. Once I arrived at the matrix site, I then discovered SPWAW. From there I bought the Mega Campaigns, Uncommon Valor, and soon I will purchase WITP, and Combat Leader.:cool:

Since then I have not looked back. I look forward to a great future of wargaming. Thanks Matrix!:)

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> PCGamer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI