Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PBEM 109

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 109 Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/12/2009 4:24:54 PM   
06 Maestro

Turkey is in.

And, BTW, I got a new general-must be because of the DOW.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 601
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/13/2009 10:30:10 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Hope I'm not last, but Englands T48 sent in.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 602
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/14/2009 3:39:13 AM   
06 Maestro

Dare I ask..just where are Austria's allies?

Turkey T49 in.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 603
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/14/2009 9:19:30 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

Dare I ask..just where are Austria's allies?

Turkey T49 in.

sssh!!
and replied.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 604
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/14/2009 10:04:44 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

England T49 also sent in.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 605
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/15/2009 4:54:22 AM   
06 Maestro

Wow! Looks like war is upon us.

Turkey T50 in.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 606
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/15/2009 11:16:42 AM   
Kingmaker

From, the Earl of Evenwood; 1st Minister & Foreign Secretary to his Majesty King George III.

To, the Czar of all the Russias, or his Minister with Portfolio for Foreign affairs & the Court at Versailles.

It is with grave concern that his Majesties Government learns of the unprovoked & undeclared war but recently embarked on by Russia against Prussia. This is regarded by the Government here as uncivilised behaviour in the extreme and brings nothing but shame upon the once proud name of Russia.

It is therefore with the utmost regret that I and His Majesties Privy Council hereby give due notice that England has, as of this moment, declared a state of War with Russia and further would warn the Court at Versailles that any action taken by France against Prussia in support of Russia would also be met with an immediate ‘Declaration of War’ by England against France.

However as English trading interests in Europe are likely to be even further disrupted by our direct military involvement on the continent I would advise the Government of Russia that should they immediately withdraw their forces from Prussian territory, and, upon the payment to Prussia of £500 by way of compensation, then direct military intervention by England could even at this stage be averted.

But, should Russia not see fit to follow our request for an end to this barbaric act of aggression then this Government would support Prussia with the utmost vigour, to include both direct Military intervention & blockade of Russian ports.

Your humble Servant.

Evenwood.

1st Minister & Foreign Secretary to King George III

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 607
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/15/2009 2:36:35 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker

From, the Earl of Evenwood; 1st Minister & Foreign Secretary to his Majesty King George III.

To, the Czar of all the Russias, or his Minister with Portfolio for Foreign affairs & the Court at Versailles.

It is with grave concern that his Majesties Government learns of the unprovoked & undeclared war but recently embarked on by Russia against Prussia. This is regarded by the Government here as uncivilised behaviour in the extreme and brings nothing but shame upon the once proud name of Russia.

It is therefore with the utmost regret that I and His Majesties Privy Council hereby give due notice that England has, as of this moment, declared a state of War with Russia and further would warn the Court at Versailles that any action taken by France against Prussia in support of Russia would also be met with an immediate ‘Declaration of War’ by England against France.

However as English trading interests in Europe are likely to be even further disrupted by our direct military involvement on the continent I would advise the Government of Russia that should they immediately withdraw their forces from Prussian territory, and, upon the payment to Prussia of £500 by way of compensation, then direct military intervention by England could even at this stage be averted.

But, should Russia not see fit to follow our request for an end to this barbaric act of aggression then this Government would support Prussia with the utmost vigour, to include both direct Military intervention & blockade of Russian ports.

Your humble Servant.

Evenwood.

From Ivanarmpit Maksanoizi, First Minister of the Russian Kingdoms, Servant to Tzar Anthropoid

An Open Letter to Great Britain, and the International Community

From the Anglish perspective, safely nestled in your green emerald Isle, the affairs of our Eastern peoples may appear brusque, even as you insulting state "uncivilized" or "barbaric." However, your opinions are not considered in our court to be weighty, especially given the inherent hypocrisy of your actions which are so clearly in service to your own agendas, which as you point out, is to meddle in the affairs of the continent.

Your declaration of war against Russia, for putatively "civilized" reasons is in fact a thinly disguised powerplay, an attempt to extend your influence even deeper into the lives of true Europeans and Asians.

Russias pre-emptive attack on Prussia, while admittedly unorthodox, was entirely justified and warranted, and indeed honorable. Our cassus belli was the mobilization of in excess of 100 thousand Prussian troops just across the Russia border, and immediately adjacent to the area of Russian supply distribution serving the liberation campaign in Austrian-dominated Vilna.

-=-Any nation which would consider the mobilization of such large troop formations on her border to be a mundane event, unworthy of quick and decisive action, is unlikely to survive as a sovereing power. A point which we would ask the international community to weigh carefully-=-

In short, our attack was a purely defensive action.

In the interest of transparency with the international community and as a demonstration that Russias true intent is simply to restore a state of balance and equity in the circum-Poland region, here I attach our recent communique to the Kaiser of Prussia.

-=-=-=-
Dearest Kaizer,

It was with regret that we calculated it to be in the best interest of Russia to execute our attack as soon as possible. In future you may wish to keep your large military formations a bit further from your borders in order to avert this sort of misunderstanding.

I assure you, Russia will be entirely reasonable about a quick peaceful settlement and has no interest to cause undue harm to Prussia. Our actions were simply an act of preemptive self-defense.

With Warm Regards

Da Tzar
-=-=-=-=

We have no interest to cause undue harm to Prussia or Austria, and will be happy to begin a dialogue, in consultation with our French allies about terms of surrender.

Sincerely,
Minister Maksafunoizi

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 9/15/2009 2:51:13 PM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 608
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 12:11:03 AM   
aprezto

Ivanarmpit; Servant to the Tzar;

While it may help you sleep at night - blaming your monstrous transgression of state boundaries and condemning so many peace-loving Prussians to an untimely death - on the proximity of Prussian forces. How can you inhabit your own head without wondering whether you are Jekyll or Hyde (our hats off to the British literaty, who have not only created this most worthwhile of analogies but also gone to the trouble of making them known before their time)?

It was Russian forces, camped on the Prussian border for almost half a year that prompted Prussian fear; a fear that has proved justified. At the time you blamed guerilla action on your presence, yet you sat next door to the same guerillas that still inhabit the province they were always in. Yet when Prussia moves to defend her borders for exactly the same reason you name this casus belli!

The honourable British have it right: your act reeks of opportunism, barbarism and is highly uncivilised.

If our proximity caused you so much angst a civilised Monarchy might have attempted to ask us to step back from the border. Obviously 'diplomacy first' is below the Tzar.

To the French: you have been dragged into a conflict on the whim of a madman, don't do it justice by giving in to greed. Let him flail away against us and know that his transgression has removed his forces against the Austrians and bought in the British against him, and possibly you. I would seriously review my alliance of defense if it is to drag you into war as it has done so twice now. A pledge of defense should be just that, support of another nations 'defense' - it has been falsely used.

Kaiser Aprezto

< Message edited by aprezto -- 9/16/2009 12:15:16 AM >

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 609
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 1:43:25 AM   
06 Maestro

Kings, Kaiser's and Czar's.
Who first attacked a peaceful, but weak country? Austria. Who annexed their hapless neighbor? Austria. Who attempted to bribe its neighbors with its ill gotten gains? Austria. Those who sow to the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

The good Prussian Kaiser must realized, sooner or later, that to support such unjust actions will eventually have repercussions.

Sultan 06

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 610
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 3:25:53 AM   
IronWarrior

To the Ottoman Sultan and friend of Spain,

As my ally, it would be remiss for me to not point out that your advisers appeared to have misinformed you of past events. Indeed, I believe if you take at look through the archives you will find that it was Russia who first declared war on Poland. That is, if this is the weak and peaceful neighbor you speak of. Surely Austria only wanted a say in the fate of her borders? And when the generous gift of territories were offered to Russia, they were thrown back in her face. I have to wonder why Russia began the war in Poland to begin with?

I dearly hope the good Sultan knows his new friends well, of whom you are willing to lavish with Turkish blood! Perhaps you wish to keep your friends close and enemies closer?

Warm Regards,

King IronWarrior IV of Spain

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 611
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 3:34:13 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

To the Ottoman Sultan and friend of Spain,

As my ally, it would be remiss for me to not point out that your advisers appeared to have misinformed you of past events.
King IronWarrior IV of Spain

Is this possible?? It is possible...the archives will be opened.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Royal Archives have been opened for the Sultan to view. The Russian Empire was apparently at war with Poland no later than July of 1792. Austria did not DOW Poland until August, 1792.

As soon as the screams of a dying Vizier dies out, I will ponder this situation.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 9/16/2009 4:01:31 AM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 612
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 5:53:29 AM   
aprezto

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

Kings, Kaiser's and Czar's.
Who first attacked a peaceful, but weak country? Austria. Who annexed their hapless neighbor? Austria. Who attempted to bribe its neighbors with its ill gotten gains? Austria. Those who sow to the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

The good Prussian Kaiser must realized, sooner or later, that to support such unjust actions will eventually have repercussions.

Sultan 06

Sultan 06;

Did you see us DoW the Austrian protagonists like the faithful lapdog you think we are?

No! We were happy to remain neutral in this affair.

However, if it is advice you are after, and history that you turn to, it would be worthwhile reviewing the Russian pentient for attack without warning and her coveting of lands to her south that you shouldn't forget.

Kaiser Aprezto

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 613
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 11:17:14 AM   
terje439

France is not pleased with the escalation of this conflict, and we give our word and honor that no French soldier will march on Preussia.
However we are deeply concerned about the movement of the British fleet, if British sailors were to do something stupid, like open fire on French merchants peacefully trying to keep goods flowing, we will have no choice but to respond.

We do however that the new King of England does not chose such a direction. France does not desire war, but when Austria started to take possession along the Rhine, this was an insult to France, and when war broke out between Austria and Russia, we were obliged to take up arms to aid our ally.
This new war against Preussia however is not something we will act on, so if Preussia is willing, we are willing to let this war simply dry out.

L'Terje De France.

(Oh, and replied btw :) )

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 614
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 2:50:24 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

England T50 sent in.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 615
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 4:23:38 PM   
Kingmaker

To, L'Terje of France & Ivanarmpit Maksanoizi, First Minister of the Russian Kingdoms, Servant to Tzar Anthropoid

His Majesties Government is pleased in this instance to accept the assurances of the Court at Versailles that they harbour no ill intent towards Prussia and will therefore not become involved in any hostilities with that nation. We do this as a gesture of ‘Good Faith’ despite over 400 years worth of experience with the rather dubious nature of French, “Honour”, and further, I can personally assure L’Terje of France that there will be no punitive action taken against French Merchants honestly plying their trade. Indeed the English Guild of Merchants, of which I am Honouree Secretary, welcomes fair competition as it gives occasion for people to note the superior nature of English goods.

Minister Maksafunoizi, it is with considerable pleasure that we in this country have witnessed the rise in education standards at the Russian Court, even to the point where the Czars Ministers can now ‘Read & Write’, as you indeed yourself bear witness to. It is nevertheless felt by his Majesties Government that sadly in the area of Geographical Knowledge there is still a considerable lack of understanding, to wit, “The Emerald Isles” or as it is more commonly called “Ireland”, is separated geographically from those lands that would hold an “Anglish (or English) perspective” by a body of water known as the ‘Irish Sea’, therefore in implying that the two are a single entity you are I regret to say, in serious error.

However, should this lack of Geographical knowledge in any way prove a discomfort to either yourself or to those with aspirations towards learning at the Czars Court then I would personally apply the utmost endeavour to secure the services of a well respected Tutor of Geographical Knowledge to travel to Russia with the intent of spreading that knowledge.

On matters regarding the current state of Hostilities between Russia & Prussia the Privy Council welcomes your assurances that, and I quote, “Russia will be entirely reasonable about a quick peaceful settlement” and merely await confirmation from Kaiser Aprezto that the terms offer adequate compensation for the damage inflicted before standing down in our preparations for war.

In the meantime however please be advised that English forces are even now moving into position to aid the Kaiser in the defence of his Homeland.

I remain your Humble Servant.

Evenwood.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 616
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 7:52:34 PM   
Anthropoid

<just when things start to get good, no time to get creative with in-character responses . . >

quote:

. . . as you indeed yourself bear witness to.

You lecture us on our faulty English, yet you yourself end a sentence with a preposition. Hmmph . . .

Turkey has nothing to fear from Russia, and the Sultan is fully aware of this. Russian efforts in Poland have always been transparent and honorable. The Austrian takeover was in contrast performed through cryptic, and dishonourable "political" means, i.e., the detainment, execution or exile of pro-Russian ministers and statesmen. The neighbors of Austria must judge which is the less honorable approach to international relations.

@ Prussia: we really were just fighting the geurillas, but they moved into the northern province and then the snows prevented our movement. By the time the spring arrived, you had moved your forces into a position to threaten our supply.

Since our French ally will evidently be perfectly content to resume a state of peace with Prussia, we hereby make a one-time no-strings attached offer to accept a Prussian surrender at any time. Russia will not pay reparations nor any other penalty to Prussia or Great Britain, however, Russia will happily refrain from imposing _any_ penalties on Prussia. In effect, we will happily resume peace at "zero-cost" to Prussia if you are willing, we can discuss precisely the terms of a peaceful settlement via private communications, but I wanted it known to the international community that a reasonable offer has been placed on the table for Prussia.

RusDone and returned (51 I think it was?)

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 9/16/2009 8:09:20 PM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 617
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 9:12:19 PM   
06 Maestro

Be it known; a cease fire was offered to the Prussian Kaiser by Selim 06, Sultan. If desired, the good Kaiser can just wait a few months for official hostilities to end. The Sultan had no intention of marching to Prussia even had the war continued.

It is hoped that peace will once again come upon Europe.

Selim 06

Turkey T51 in.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 9/16/2009 9:20:13 PM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 618
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 9:46:04 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: aprezto

Sultan 06;

Did you see us DoW the Austrian protagonists like the faithful lapdog you think we are?

No! We were happy to remain neutral in this affair.

However, if it is advice you are after, and history that you turn to, it would be worthwhile reviewing the Russian pentient for attack without warning and her coveting of lands to her south that you shouldn't forget.

Kaiser Aprezto

Kaiser Aprezto

Your points are understood. An in depth reevaluation of Ottoman/Prussian relations have been initiated.

Selim 06
Sultan

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 619
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/16/2009 10:05:16 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

You lecture us on our faulty English, yet you yourself end a sentence with a preposition. Hmmph . . .

Perfectly acceptable for those times Seamus, when a standard format of the language was not so common place, what might be looked with more of a raised eyebrow is the use of modern terminology e.g. “powerplay”, (even now ‘Spell checker queries it) that would probably have caused a great deal of debate as to meaning back then, ... anyhow, it’s only a bit of fun so don’t be so pigging pedantic

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 620
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 12:42:46 AM   
Anthropoid

Well you did notice my Ministers name didn't you!? That struck me as more Madd Magazine-esque than pedantic

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 621
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 4:43:19 AM   
aprezto

Surrendering to Russia will mean I have to surrender to your ally France, will that knock-on and also force me to surrender to Turkey?

What will France demand of Prussia in her enforced surrender?

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 622
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 5:47:32 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

Surrendering to Russia will mean I have to surrender to your ally France, will that knock-on and also force me to surrender to Turkey?

The Ottoman Empire will have zero demands on Prussia.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 623
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 8:48:29 AM   
Matto

Dear Sutlan
your harem (inbox) is full ... so my answer is waiting for some place inside
Matto

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 624
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 10:25:11 AM   
terje439

quote:

To remove this threat to Preussia, France has offered Preussia a seize-fire.

06 Maestro - clean out your inbox

And replied.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 625
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 2:55:10 PM   
06 Maestro

My apologies to the Royal's-the mail service has been reorganized.
Please re-send

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 626
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/17/2009 3:31:20 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Well you did notice my Ministers name didn't you!? That struck me as more Madd Magazine-esque than pedantic

Yer, translated at this end as "He of the extremely loud Armpits"

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 9/17/2009 3:33:16 PM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 627
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/18/2009 12:37:12 AM   
aprezto

Tzar Anthropoid;

Your offer appears generous, but Prussia is a proud nation of proud warriors. We can not stomach a surrender unless it is forced upon us.

You chose your course of action, in what appears a whim, now you will see how you have undermined your allies efforts to humble the Austrians.

Prussia may ultimately be bought down by the disatisfaction of the peasantry, but we will fight you until that is forced upon us.

To arms.

Kaiser Aprezto

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 628
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/19/2009 3:24:25 AM   
06 Maestro

I offer peace and what do I get-attacked! The Austrian Commander assumed he would trample the archaic Ottoman Army-ha!
BTW Turkey T52 in.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 9/19/2009 3:58:15 AM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 629
RE: PBEM 109 - 9/19/2009 9:59:17 AM   
terje439

Replied.

France is somewhat concerned with the alliances that Britain is currently building....

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 109 Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI