Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crucible of Death - elevation?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Crucible of Death - elevation? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crucible of Death - elevation? - 9/22/2009 2:46:17 AM   
33sherman

I am currently playing Scenario 4 - 'Running the Gauntlet' of the 'Crucible of Death' LCG.

Problem is that the German forces start in a valley at elevation of 15m, which progressively rises in steps to 90m and 165m. When trying to move out of the valley, I get a 'Elevation change exceeds vehicle capability' message. The German forces are stuck in the valley. For the life of me I can't find a way out. Is this a bug or a deliberate Kobayashi Maru?
Post #: 1
RE: Crucible of Death - elevation? - 9/22/2009 3:31:14 PM   
Tsushima05

quote:

ORIGINAL: 33sherman

I am currently playing Scenario 4 - 'Running the Gauntlet' of the 'Crucible of Death' LCG.

Problem is that the German forces start in a valley at elevation of 15m, which progressively rises in steps to 90m and 165m. When trying to move out of the valley, I get a 'Elevation change exceeds vehicle capability' message. The German forces are stuck in the valley. For the life of me I can't find a way out. Is this a bug or a deliberate Kobayashi Maru?

I ran into the same problem. Leave your vehicles in place and fight your way through the scenario with your infantry. You'll get your vehciles back at the beginning of the next scenario. Good luck. rrk

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 2
RE: Crucible of Death - elevation? - 9/22/2009 8:28:56 PM   
33sherman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tsushima05

quote:

ORIGINAL: 33sherman

I ran into the same problem. Leave your vehicles in place and fight your way through the scenario with your infantry. You'll get your vehciles back at the beginning of the next scenario. Good luck. rrk

Thanks...that occurred to me, but I feared having my infantry brutalized just to get a draw (which is the most that seems possible without being able to exit vehicles).

(in reply to Tsushima05)
Post #: 3
RE: Crucible of Death - elevation? - 9/23/2009 12:08:46 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

here's the solution:

If you find and edit the map for this scenario, you'll see two fields on the top which I think are called Elevation and Delta....switch these two numbers, save the map and your problem is solved.

I can't believe this bug is still around...it's from TS days.
Are you patched up?

ChadG

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 4
RE: Crucible of Death - elevation? - 9/23/2009 1:40:07 AM   
33sherman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

here's the solution:

If you find and edit the map for this scenario, you'll see two fields on the top which I think are called Elevation and Delta....switch these two numbers, save the map and your problem is solved.

I can't believe this bug is still around...it's from TS days.
Are you patched up?

ChadG

Thanks! Yeah, I'm running the latest patch. I ended up just fighting out the scenario and managed a draw without getting too creamed. I figure it's appropriate there are unwinnable scenarios in an April 45 campaign playing the German side. But it's good to know there's a way to fix it.

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 5
RE: Crucible of Death - elevation? - 9/25/2009 1:55:14 PM   
Udet

Years ago the creator of the Crucible of Death LCG (if I remember right it is Tom Herrschaft) sent me a fix for this problem, an altered map file. I have never tested it. So I can't say wether it works or wether it does any harm to your campaign/game/computer/life, but if you want to test it, here you go!

If it works with the Matrix version it would be good to include it in the next patch.

Udet

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Udet -- 9/25/2009 1:58:40 PM >

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Crucible of Death - elevation? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI