Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? - 9/22/2009 11:42:19 PM   
eske

If I recall it right, in EiA you could attack a neutral fleet carrying enemy troops. Is this also the case in EiANW ??

Actually I think - maybe it was an optional - you could even chose to consider it a casus belli, and make DoW before attacking. No calling to allies, of course.

Anyone ?

/eske

Alea iacta est
Post #: 1
RE: Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? - 9/23/2009 8:33:35 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: eske

If I recall it right, in EiA you could attack a neutral fleet carrying enemy troops. Is this also the case in EiANW ??

Actually I think - maybe it was an optional - you could even chose to consider it a casus belli, and make DoW before attacking. No calling to allies, of course.

Anyone ?

/eske

Yes, one could attack and thereby DOW another MP during naval phase in this case in EIA, casus belli term comes from EIH i think, it was not used in that term.

EIA standard rule(so not optional) :
6.3.1.1 NAVAL ATTACKERIDEFENDER DETERMINATION: If there is more than one enemy major power present, the "attacker" decides which will be the "defender". The attacker is the phasing side if 6.2.4 applies or the non-phasing intercepting side if the combat is caused by an interception (see 6.2.3). The defender (at the attacker's option) comprises any one defender's stack that is present.

6.3.1.2 WHO IS AN ENEMY: A stack may only attack another stack if at war with the major power owning that stack, if at war with a major power owning corps being (or that could be) transported by fleets of that stack, or if at war with one or more of the fleets involved in combined movement. In the latter two cases, the attacker's stack need not be at war with the major power owning the transporting fleets, and, if not, the attacker has the option to either:

6.3.1.2.1: Attack without a declaration of war (no political point loss for a declaration of war) although political points are still normally gained or lost for winning or losing the battle.

6.3.1.2.2: Or, immediately declare war (even if operating under an enforced peace period, which can be ignored in this case, although the other restrictions in 4.2.2 still apply) and lose the requisite political points (see 4.2.1.1) for each separate declaration of war. No allies may be called with these declarations of war.

So far, EIANW does not allow this, so only way to avoid such misuse is houserules i think.

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 9/23/2009 12:58:59 PM >

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 2
RE: Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? - 9/23/2009 1:02:44 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I believe you should be prompted to DOW? No?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 3
RE: Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? - 9/23/2009 3:26:06 PM   
eske

So - as I understand you, Marshall - declaring a naval attack on a neutral stack carrying enemies prompts for DoW. That is good!

Three important questions:
a) What if there is enforced peace?
b) Does this also hold for interceptions?
c) Is it possible to attack without making a DoW (refering to 6.3.1.2.1 above) ?

... I am going to test this soonest possible ...

/eske

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? - 9/23/2009 10:18:53 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Yes, please confirm BUT I remember coding this because of the free rides that enemy forces could get on neutral fleets. I haven't had the time to dig back and look at this yet BUT let me know...
The enforced peace did not matter and could not since the only other option would be to allow the move ot happen and it should not!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Attacking neutral fleets carrying enemy land troops ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI