Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Experience - 9/23/2009 8:27:17 PM   
JoePirulo

I don´t know if this topic was discussed before. If that the case I´m sorry. If not, is there a posibility that unit experience (gained during battle, casualties inflicted) has some influence in the game? I think for example: more strenght to the unit, random increase of level or a chance that the arrival of the next war level of the nation decrease a month or so for each x casualties dealt... Just thinking...

Thanks

Max.
Post #: 1
RE: Experience - 9/23/2009 8:55:36 PM   
willgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoePirulo

I don´t know if this topic was discussed before. If that the case I´m sorry. If not, is there a posibility that unit experience (gained during battle, casualties inflicted) has some influence in the game? I think for example: more strenght to the unit, random increase of level or a chance that the arrival of the next war level of the nation decrease a month or so for each x casualties dealt... Just thinking...

Thanks

Max.

Right now, experience is gained by leaders assigned to units. I really don't understand how that experience works in detail, perhaps someone else could reply.

I like your thought about units gaining enough experience to independently merit one level beyond the current research level. That provides a rational for the up leveled units at the beginning of a campaign.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to JoePirulo)
Post #: 2
RE: Experience - 9/24/2009 12:39:23 AM   
AH4Ever

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoePirulo

[What if] unit experience (gained during battle)[Gave]... for example: more strength to the unit, random increase of level or a chance that the arrival of the next war level of the nation decrease a month or so for each X# of casualties dealt.

quote:

ORIGINAL: willgamer

Right now, experience is gained by leaders assigned to units. I really don't understand how that experience works in detail, perhaps someone else could reply.

I like your thought about units gaining enough experience to independently merit one level beyond the current research level. That provides a rational for the up leveled units at the beginning of a campaign.

I like it, let's do it. Specifically - Improved unit effectiveness, if it isn't already a factor.

Now that I've re-read this all 3 avenues of improvement should be used and imagine if you will experience gained generates among all three, so you won't know what you're getting till you get it.

Beyond the homage to historical leaders I'm not thrilled with assigning them (most times I forget, but that's just me.) What baffles me is the three hex range of the leaders, I try to spread the leaders out to get the most bang for the buck but I don't see the effect on the surrounding units.

Developers of games in general starting you off with units you can't buy or build perplexes me. In this case maybe they are veterans of the Spanish or Russian civil wars.

< Message edited by AH4Ever -- 9/24/2009 5:59:11 AM >

JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI