Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Digital River issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Tech Support >> Digital River issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Digital River issues - 9/23/2009 11:15:20 PM   
Happycat

I wonder if I am the only one who has problems with Digital River? When I log onto the appropriate store for Canadian customers, and start the process of ordering TOW, I am than handed off to Digital River, whose opening screen shows that they (supposedly) take American Express, among other forms of payment.

The actual experience is different than the promise. After inputting my data, the response is that the type of card is not valid for the type of currency. WTF?

So I phoned their customer service line. Which should be more aptly named the customer non-service line. The person who was going through the motions of helping me was hopeless. I won't go into detail, but an example---my name is a very simple one, single syllable first name and single syllable last name. After giving it to her, she then asked "what is your last name". It went downhill from there, fast.

Then I tried the Matrix help desk. After composing my message, and clicking to go to the next stage, it reported "error", but gave me no clue as to what the error might be.

Finally, I PM'ed Erik Rutins. That was ten hours ago. So far no response.

I suppose I could use a different mode of payment, but on the other hand, why should I be channeled into using another form of payment when I really don't want to be? More and more in this world, it seems, businesses have lost sight of what drives the old profitmobile---customers!

There, I feel better now.

< Message edited by Happycat -- 9/24/2009 12:50:38 AM >

Chance favours the prepared mind
Post #: 1
RE: Digital River issues - 9/24/2009 6:25:24 AM   
swatter555

Digital River is a neccesary evil when buying Matrix games. DR is simply horrible when you experience a problem.

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 2
RE: Digital River issues - 9/24/2009 1:11:57 PM   
Happycat

Thank you, swatter555, for the validation. I was beginning to think I was a lone voice in the wilderness

It is astounding to me that with all of the really good options available for downloading software, that Matrix would choose a company that has adopted such a poor business model.

Even more astounding is the lack of response from Matrix, to my email as well as this thread.

While I am very interested in Time of Wrath, it's not the only game in the world, and Matrix isn't the only place where I can spend my money for entertainment.

(in reply to swatter555)
Post #: 3
RE: Digital River issues - 9/24/2009 1:26:55 PM   
Happycat

Just to be triply sure that I am not imagining this problem, I have again gone through the process of trying to download this game.

So I go to the TOW product page, click "buy now", then get a choice of "online stores' that includes USA, Canada etc. I chose Canada, and then wind up at Digital River's supposedly "Canadian" page, showing me a Canadian price of $35.99.

I click "add to cart", and also add the extended download service. Then I click on the button "place secure order". Now I am asked to enter email, password, name, address, phone number. It seems at this point that the "Canadian online store" has forgotten its nationality --- it presents an address form asking for zip code/postal code, requires me to select country (again!) and rather than giving me a choice of Canadian provinces, just has a selection at the end of the list of states that says "non-US". How nice.

After entering my credit card information (carefully) I click to pay, and get the same message as yesterday "this credit card type not valid for the currency selected".

Absolutely dreadful. I am not sure whether the intent here is to alienate Canadian customers, American Express users, or both. But it is succeeding rather admirably at doing both in this case.

EDIT: Incidentally, this is far from being the first Matrix game I have purchased, (or in this case, attempted to purchase), but it may well be the last unless I get some response from Matrix soon. One thing that is guaranteed to push my buttons, even more than poor service, is being ignored when I ask for assistance.

< Message edited by Happycat -- 9/24/2009 1:34:16 PM >

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 4
RE: Digital River issues - 9/24/2009 1:41:08 PM   
Anraz

I`m sure someone from Matrix will help you very soon , if not in few hours then please sent me PM and I`ll try to turn their attention to the case.

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 5
RE: Digital River issues - 9/24/2009 5:56:04 PM   
Happycat

Thank you Anraz. Sean has in fact contacted me, and I understand that Erik will be in touch soon. It's frustrating dealing with third party download providers such as Digital River. Their customer service is extremely poor, and unfortunately I tend to let that spill over onto Matrix, whose customer service is usually extremely good, as I know from past experience.

One member of this forum was kind enough to let me know that Gamers Gate is an option. I have never had to deal with GG's customer service, so it's an unknown quantity to me. But the positve side of that is that I have downloaded from them without problem on a few occasions. When things run seamlessly, there is, of course, no need to test their customer service.

< Message edited by Happycat -- 9/24/2009 5:58:43 PM >

(in reply to Anraz)
Post #: 6
RE: Digital River issues - 9/24/2009 6:11:47 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happycat
Then I tried the Matrix help desk. After composing my message, and clicking to go to the next stage, it reported "error", but gave me no clue as to what the error might be.

Finally, I PM'ed Erik Rutins. That was ten hours ago. So far no response.

Sorry you've had some hassles here, fortunately these are the exception rather than the rule and many, many orders go through without any problem for every one that hits a snag. We'll be in touch with you shortly to investigate this and work out why it's having an issue with your order.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 7
RE: Digital River issues - 9/25/2009 12:02:10 AM   
Happycat

Thank you Erik.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Tech Support >> Digital River issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI