Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PT Boats and Sub Chasers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> PT Boats and Sub Chasers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PT Boats and Sub Chasers - 6/16/2002 8:32:07 AM   
Avenger

After playing for about 70 hours I finally saw my PT Boats in action, and they were a force to behold! I had by this time about 40 PT boats scattered throughout the theater, each boat in its own little hex. I didn't think they were good for much except to sit there like a screen. Each boat sitting there night and day not doing a thing. Then, after months of no action, I clicked end turn and I got a bunch of messages, "PT 100 reacts to enemy forces." Then a whole lotta my PT boats displayed that message. WTF? So I watched. There followed a night battle. My PT boats all met a force of Battleships and Cruisers in the harbour at Lunga. I had about six boats that reached Lunga, and they put a significant hunrting on Cruisers and Light Cruisers of those Japs. This was great stuff! They actually reacted and moved a good distance to engage in a night battle. Although 3 PT boats were sunk, the Japs will be a long time putting out the Fires on those CA's!

Now I know how to use PT boats! My question then is, how do I use those Sub Chasers?!

--Avenger
Post #: 1
- 6/16/2002 9:36:56 AM   
Huskalator

Subchasers make for great torpedo catchers.

SW Episode 2:Good movie, bad love story

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.

(in reply to Avenger)
Post #: 2
- 6/16/2002 9:49:56 AM   
Avenger

quote:

Subchasers make for great torpedo catchers.

I wonder if that is true after the patch? Subchasers now can gain experience at sea equal to destroyer crews. By setting them at sea until they have 55 night experience, perhaps they will finally react to enemy sub sightings. Any betazoids know the answer? Are subchasers still useless?

--Avenger

(in reply to Avenger)
Post #: 3
subchasrs - 6/16/2002 9:52:42 AM   
Rob Roberson

The key is getting them to sea and often. I am actually having sucess with mine in my long AAR (which I will finallly be updating tonite after a week off). But I keep my splinter navy ships at sea constantly..they now terrorize (okay maybe thats an overstatement) japanese subs..

Rob

(in reply to Avenger)
Post #: 4
Thanks Rob - 6/16/2002 10:20:25 AM   
Avenger

In my next American campaign I'll use the subchasers more wisely.

--Avenger

(in reply to Avenger)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> PT Boats and Sub Chasers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI