Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Planes on Malta"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> "Planes on Malta" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Planes on Malta" - 9/30/2009 11:22:32 PM   
pzpat

I'm playng the 1.60 beta:
In Sept 1940 the event "Planes on Malta" triggers, and keeps on triggering until the Germans have no STP's left. The problem with that was that the Germans had no convoys in the Med; they were all in the Channel. The planes on Malta also nullified two of my convoys between France and England. Since this effect is not only ahistorical but irrational--why would planes on Malta attack the Channel when there are many targets in the Med, and how could they do so without encountering German fighters--it was a puzzlement. Then I found that the Italians had not been affected; they had suffered no STP loss. So I put a couple of Italian divisions in Tobruk to come back at the English, who were practically at its doorstep.
On the next turn it was the Italians who lost all their STP's from the planes on Malta. I did a fighter sweep over Malta and discovered that there WERE NO PLANES stationed on Malta, just one infantry division. I was a little upset. How could we get multiple "planes on Malta" events when there were no planes on Malta in the first place? I thought that would be the primary prerequisite to the event triggering in the first place.
And then I looked at the Italian units just outside Tobruk. Their values were suddenly all 0-0. How could that be? They were all at supply levels 12 and 13, taking their supply from Tobruk, yet the computer had changed their effectiveness to one per cent. Since their supply levels didn't depend on disrupted convoys, it appeared to be a computer cheat and I feel that I might just turn Britain to human control for a turn or until the Italian supply returns to what it should be, which should be around forty per cent.
I had originally thought of complaining that even though my fleets and air units seem to know where the Allied navies were, there was no way of them passing that information along to me, so I could plan accordingly. But this latter matter has turned out to be just a minor matter.
What am I missing?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> "Planes on Malta" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI