Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/9/2009 6:33:19 PM   
hoosiergoody

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

Some good points have been made about 1.87 being a beta. Those of us that wanted to keep up and help be a contributing factor in the evolution of this game are stuck with a beta if we decide that we don't want to buy or cannot afford the commercial version coming out next week. That leaves us in a bit of a pickle because I'm sure that a free 1.86 is no longer being made available. Does anyone really think that we would have willingly upgraded to a new beta if we knew that it was the end of the line for that version without having to pay for a new one? And I'm getting a little tired of seeing the line to the tune of 'you may want to buy it because a) you want to support the product or b) you feel good about all the free stuff you've been given.' Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me. No one made any one give anything away so drop the subliminal guilt tripping in post after post. It just makes me less inclined to spend my money at Wolverine. Hell, I still have a virtually unplayed OOTP X to go back to.

From the OOTP website:
Try Out of the Park Baseball 10, the award-winning
baseball management simulation game!
Ever thought you could manage a baseball team better than your local GM? Well, now you have a chance to prove it, with Out of the Park Baseball 10. It's a gaming experience far beyond fantasy baseball. According to GameShark, "Every single facet of building and running a complete baseball universe is included in OOTP 10...this is the single best baseball management sim available."
So what are you waiting for? Buy OOTP 10 now for $39.99

I don't think i'd complain about price if this is the case?

I don't post much, if at all, but am here frequently, and at Wolverine frequently, and BBM, and... and, while I don't have time for Beta testing, have enjoyed PureSim for some time now. I'll be one of the "wait & see" on the enhancements. We all have that option. For those of you that are beta testing, I hope for your sake your voice is heard (when & where it was constructive) and that they (Shaun/Gary) make it worth your while... I would think that Shaun knows who the help was, and his M/O in the past has been good toward them...

There's no crying in baseball! And, there's no baseball in Indiana...

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 61
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/9/2009 7:24:33 PM   
CrashDavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

I think the biggest problem is lost trust.  Shaun made a big thing about how he was now offering PureSim for free and he really liked being able to do it and spend on it whatever time he liked without hassles.  Everybody jumped in and spent their time beta testing. We all expected this to go on until the game was finished. The current product is nice but not finished.  Now in order to get the finished product that we spent our time beta testing it will cost $35.  It's like Shaun broke his promise.  I understand why and now he'll make some more money on the game, but it's still a broken promise and it leaves us all shattered. 

We all contributed our time to PureSim 2.  What would be fair would be a free license to all of us who did that.  Then, with PureSim 3 we'd have to pay.

The game is never 'finished'. You never actually reach a point when its 'done'. You have 'moments' when its reached a level that its ready for an official release. Then, its right back to more coding, debugging, beta, etc. And the cycle continues. Its a perpetual state of evolving. There is no end-game per se.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 62
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/9/2009 8:53:17 PM   
Wrathchild

quote:

ORIGINAL: hoosiergoody

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

Some good points have been made about 1.87 being a beta. Those of us that wanted to keep up and help be a contributing factor in the evolution of this game are stuck with a beta if we decide that we don't want to buy or cannot afford the commercial version coming out next week. That leaves us in a bit of a pickle because I'm sure that a free 1.86 is no longer being made available. Does anyone really think that we would have willingly upgraded to a new beta if we knew that it was the end of the line for that version without having to pay for a new one? And I'm getting a little tired of seeing the line to the tune of 'you may want to buy it because a) you want to support the product or b) you feel good about all the free stuff you've been given.' Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me. No one made any one give anything away so drop the subliminal guilt tripping in post after post. It just makes me less inclined to spend my money at Wolverine. Hell, I still have a virtually unplayed OOTP X to go back to.

From the OOTP website:
Try Out of the Park Baseball 10, the award-winning
baseball management simulation game!
Ever thought you could manage a baseball team better than your local GM? Well, now you have a chance to prove it, with Out of the Park Baseball 10. It's a gaming experience far beyond fantasy baseball. According to GameShark, "Every single facet of building and running a complete baseball universe is included in OOTP 10...this is the single best baseball management sim available."
So what are you waiting for? Buy OOTP 10 now for $39.99

I don't think i'd complain about price if this is the case?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Hundreds, maybe even thousands, I don't know the customer base, were able to buy OOTP X for $29.99, $5 less than what Wolverine is going to be asking for Puresim. Even now, OOTP is only $5 more than what Wolverine is going to be asking for Puresim. If I was in the market for a game, compared the list of product features, reviews, fanbase, etc., I'm quite sure I would pick OOTP if it was only $5 more, as there is much than $5 difference under the hood. The only thing that enticed back into the baseball fold in 2007 or 2008 was that Matrix was offering Puresim 2007 at a discount. I think I paid $19.99 for it. It was listing for $29.99, I believe. After playing it for a year or more, and seeing that I could now OOTP, after demoing it, for only $10 more, I went for it. I still like Puresim better but long for some of the features that are in OOTP. My point at the end of this post is that $35 for Puresim seems steep to me, and I'm curious as to why someone would pay that if they can get OOTP for $5 more. Those are the only 2 games in the genre I'm familiar with so I can't make a comment about how any others compare.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to hoosiergoody)
Post #: 63
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/9/2009 11:03:23 PM   
KG Erwin

After my initial shock, surprise and angst-filled responses, I've cooled down slightly. At this point, I will join the "wait and see" group. Yeah, the situation was handled clumsily by Shaun and Gary, but that doesn't matter now. I've been a fanboy of PureSim for several years, so I'm not going to abandon it in favor of a competitor's product.

However, for the moment, the PS 1.87 beta will remain my game of choice. As Crash Davis correctly said, PS is a game of perpetual evolution. Given enough time, and with enough improvements, I will probably buy Wolverine's version.

I offer an apology to my friends in the community for flying off into tantrum mode, and I thank those of you who wrote to me privately. This group is too unique and special to be allowed to fragment and dissipate.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 64
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/10/2009 1:36:05 AM   
DonBraswell

My friend KG!!!! I'm glad you've had time to reflect on the situation. We will make through this one also and be smiling and joking in no time.

Don Braswell

PureSim Old Timer

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 65
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/10/2009 2:15:00 AM   
MizzouRah_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonBraswell

My friend KG!!!! I'm glad you've had time to reflect on the situation. We will make through this one also and be smiling and joking in no time.

Good to hear KG!

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 66
RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired - 10/10/2009 4:26:51 PM   
motnahp

Wow! I've been off the board for a couple days and it explodes! I bought PS 2005 and PS 2007 and have enjoyed years of fun for less than 60 bucks.

I plan to do the same thing I did with the other two purchases. I won't buy right away, but will read the boards and weigh the opinions of those who buy early. Honestly, unless there are some surprises in store, I'm not sure there are $35 dollars' worth of improvements coming out. I didn't see or read anything earth-shattering about 1.87, but maybe Shaun & Wolverine are holding something back.

(in reply to MizzouRah_slith)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim Has Been Acquired Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI