Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilot Replacement Level Loss

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilot Replacement Level Loss Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 9/29/2009 4:04:56 PM   
bstarr

In the game I'm playing most of my pilot replacement levels are down two points from what it should be (US Army 28 instead of 30, etc). Do I need to transfer some of my good pilots to training? - I've read about that option in the manual, but I don't understand it in the least.

ps. I checked the Japanese (AI) side and the IJN level is down one and IJA hasn't moved. The losses have been slightly in my favor and Japan gets less replacements, so I must be doing something wrong.

< Message edited by bstarr -- 9/29/2009 4:06:57 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 9/29/2009 11:58:21 PM   
bstarr

bump

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 9/30/2009 12:10:11 AM   
TheElf

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstarr

In the game I'm playing most of my pilot replacement levels are down two points from what it should be (US Army 28 instead of 30, etc). Do I need to transfer some of my good pilots to training? - I've read about that option in the manual, but I don't understand it in the least.

ps. I checked the Japanese (AI) side and the IJN level is down one and IJA hasn't moved. The losses have been slightly in my favor and Japan gets less replacements, so I must be doing something wrong.

Or you have been getting bad rolls. Final EXP levels are acutally a RDM +/- 5 of the target National Average. So a National average of 45, could be anything from 40-49 EXP.

Training Command is simple. Do one of 2 things.

a. Nothing- This is the same as what you had in WitP

b. While perusing your operational units, note that some Pilots are Yellow in color. Their EXP is above 80, which qualifies them to be an "instructor". Click that pilot and click "yes" when the dialogue asks if you want him to transfer to the Training Command. Give it a few days/weeks and he'll appear in you Reserve pool with the group assignment "Training Command". This means he is actively contributing to:

- 1. Pilot time to train. As in fully trained replacements will come slightly faster. Don't expect entire months to be shaved off the 12 month cirriculum. NO I won't divulge the formula that governs how quickly you can accelerate training, or the optimum mix of instructors etc.

- 2. Pilot Replacement EXP. This only occurs if Pilots are being pulled from training EARLY. This feature was intended to help IJ player with decaying pilot EXP, not so the allies can be more Uber in their pilot production. We only included it for our own sanity, so we wouldn't to listen to AFB crying foul.

1 occurs first. Then 2 takes effect when National Average EXP suffers from over-requesting replacements. Replacement EXP CANNOT be extended past Normal Natl Averages under any circumstances.

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 9/30/2009 2:20:16 AM   
bstarr

Thanks! I think that solves my problem.

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 9/30/2009 2:39:42 AM   
stldiver

Curious, how do you get that 80 experiance pilot back from training when you need him for the last stand!

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 9/30/2009 10:32:13 AM   
michaelm75au

Transfer him back the general pilot reserve.

Michael

(in reply to stldiver)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/2/2009 1:56:28 PM   
xj900uk

How do you transfer him back to the general reserve or is there an extendable time limit (ie tour) he spends in training anyway?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/11/2009 1:29:00 AM   
Learmont

I can not get Allied pilots with exp over 80 to transfer from operational units to the training pool. If I disband the entire group and send to pool, they all take a 10% exp hit and are no longer 80+. I can see an exp loss for changing aircraft types leaving pool, but why going into pool? If I could transfer direct into training command, then I could live with general hit on disbad. Do they also take a second hit going from the pool to operational units flying same type of aircraft? If so, not fair, there should only be 1 Exp hit for staying in type of aircraft

(in reply to xj900uk)
Post #: 8
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/11/2009 1:49:59 AM   
vaned74

Hi there Elf, I am curious as to how to get a pilot to transfer to training command.  There are obviously more requirements than EXP greater than 80.  I have been perusing many of squadrons and have multiple pilots over 80 but they are not available for transfer from either the Air group's pilot window or from listing my top pilots/pilot reserves.  What else is required for transfer?

(I have already transferred those pilots that I can from the "Reserve Pool" under the "Pilot Replacements" window).

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 9
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/21/2009 4:11:42 AM   
StoneAge

Same problem here I have a Squadron of zero pilots who have half of thier number above 80+ Exp and some even have def in the 80+ range.

Exp 80+
At same base as thier Air HQ
Fatigue at 0
Base Supply 30000+

still no yellow names

Have checked all my other units plenty of 80+ pilots. Not one of there names have turned yellow yet.

What is the secret

< Message edited by StoneAge -- 10/21/2009 4:12:14 AM >

(in reply to vaned74)
Post #: 10
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/29/2009 4:12:37 PM   
vaned74

bump...how does one transfer pilots out of operational units to the training command?  i have plenty in the XP 80 range.

(in reply to StoneAge)
Post #: 11
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/29/2009 4:16:52 PM   
d0mbo

perhaps they need to be at a certain airbase level to be transferred?

or you need 20.000+ supplies like you need for replacemnts the other way around?

(in reply to vaned74)
Post #: 12
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/29/2009 4:49:36 PM   
Sardaukar

In operational units, pilot exp needs to be 85 or more, it seems, to be transferable to Training Command. In Pilot Reserve pool, exp needs to be 81 or more.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to d0mbo)
Post #: 13
RE: Pilot Replacement Level Loss - 10/29/2009 4:50:51 PM   
Speedysteve

I believe its NOT 80 EXP but 85 they need..........

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to d0mbo)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilot Replacement Level Loss Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI