Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle.com/Roger Wilco

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Battle.com/Roger Wilco Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle.com/Roger Wilco - 11/6/2000 8:30:00 AM   
Drex

Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Battlecom?is it worthwhile. does it add a new dimension to SPWAW? Does it require state-of-the-art equipment,high RAM etc?

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
Post #: 1
- 11/6/2000 8:44:00 AM   
Don

Try this (I searched for "Battlecom") http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001994.html Don [This message has been edited by Don (edited November 05, 2000).]

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 2
- 11/6/2000 9:20:00 AM   
Drake

quote:

Originally posted by Drex: Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Battlecom?is it worthwhile. does it add a new dimension to SPWAW? Does it require state-of-the-art equipment,high RAM etc?
Battlecom has more features but it requires more CPU usage. If you got a high end system with a cable modem or better, you should use it. Roger Wilco is more low end. Dont use as much of the CPU and good if you have a phone line cannection it uses less of your connection. I use Rager wilco myself. Makes for more fun becouse you can chat when your playing and not have to type. Good for talking tactics and very good if you in a 4 ways were you have a partner. [This message has been edited by Drake (edited November 05, 2000).]

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 3
- 11/6/2000 11:57:00 AM   
Kharan

You can also send private messages in SPWAW to specific players by typing playername: blah blah in the chat box. You can talk to your team only by typing "team:" in front of the message. Drawback is that messages with smileys ( :-) )won't be received by anyone. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited November 05, 2000).]

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 4
- 11/7/2000 2:02:00 AM   
Hauptmann6

I use Roger Wilco for CFS. It runs pretty well on low end systems(P200) and pretty good quality. The new version allows different channels. So you can have a team channel and an overall channel and can switch by hitting a key without leaving your game. I haven't tried it yet though. Hauptmann www.cfsipgames.com

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 5
- 11/7/2000 7:32:00 AM   
Drex

Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you for some feedback. I think consensus slightly tilts in favor of Roger Wilco so I will give that a try. Of course the other guy has to have it too. I wonder how many SPWAW'ers out there use it?

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 6
- 11/7/2000 8:50:00 AM   
CommieKiller

RW works really well. I use it alot playing Delta force2 during practice and matches.

All's a rush till the rounds start flying-and your friends start dying.

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 7
- 11/7/2000 12:38:00 PM   
Fredde

Don't forget the third option.. teamsound ;-) that's also a great communication program.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Battle.com/Roger Wilco Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI