Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Printed Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Printed Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printed Manual - 6/18/2002 7:59:08 PM   
pxreiman

I am sure I am not alone in this - Where is the .pdf file on the UV CD for the manual? I don't need and (could not install if I wanted to) Adobe 5.0.5. This isn't my machine. All I want is the pdf file so that I can print it out on the machine with the fast printer. Making a copy of a several hundred page manual on anything but an excellent printer will take years. I have got to agree with the reviewers: would a printed manual have been too much? :mad:
Post #: 1
- 6/18/2002 9:48:56 PM   
Supervisor

It gets extracted to the HD after intallation. Look at it this way, if it's going to cost the user approx $15-$20 to get a good quality copy printed from a professional printing service look at how much money Matrix Games would of had to lay out for each copy of UV created. Check in the UV forum and hopefully someone will post it on their site or email (4mb) it to you. 99% of all computer products released today (especially games) are released in smaller packages and with full manuals on the CD to cut down on cost and space. I agree a manual would be nice, but we all can't have everything.

(in reply to pxreiman)
Post #: 2
- 6/18/2002 11:44:27 PM   
pxreiman

Thank you tech wizard. I don't need nothing fancy, just a hard copy to reference when I actually play. Will post request for pdf on this forum and the UV. out.

(in reply to pxreiman)
Post #: 3
- 6/23/2002 8:18:13 AM   
Big Bill

I copied the manual from my hard drive to a cd disc and took it to Office Max, 10 Min. and less than $10 it was done ;)

BB

(in reply to pxreiman)
Post #: 4
- 6/23/2002 8:52:26 AM   
Supervisor

Big Bill, was that in color, 2-sided on plain 20# paper. If so what a deal, I haven't got mine done yet by I was guesstimating on about $15-$20. Thanks for the insight.

(in reply to pxreiman)
Post #: 5
- 6/23/2002 9:18:28 AM   
Big Bill

No, that was for standard paper, one sided printing but the quality was first rate! Don't take the whole UV disk, you have to install the game to your hard drive first than copy from there to a cd disk the manual. You cant copy directly from the UV disk to printer.

BB

(in reply to pxreiman)
Post #: 6
- 6/23/2002 9:44:11 AM   
Supervisor

Well single sided is still better than nothing, that would explain the low cost. I've put the manual on a CD-RW from the HD already I just need to get it printed somewhere.

(in reply to pxreiman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Printed Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI