Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack on Auckland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack on Auckland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack on A... - 10/18/2009 9:28:13 AM   
Chris21wen

Intel report. Subject says it all.
Post #: 1
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/18/2009 9:54:50 AM   
Iron Duke

I believe that Andy Mac had to remove some restrictions on the 'AI' s LCU's to ensure a better 'AI' opponent.

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/18/2009 10:36:34 AM   
Canoerebel

The post doesn't say whether this is a PBEM or AI game, but I suspect it's the latter. In any event, such a message would model a PBEM game well, because Jap players often set "out of the way and never going anywhere" troops in China or Manchuria or Japan to prep for places like Auckland in order to rattle and confuse the enemy. They hope the prep will show up in the Allied player's SigInt reports. IE, it's disinformation.

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 3
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/18/2009 11:10:44 AM   
DivePac88

Yep Canoerebel is on the mark, standard JFB disinformation.

I only take note if;

#1. It is one of his 'Spare units', eg. One of the units assigned to Southern Area Army he starts the game with.

#2. Or one of those 'crack' individual infantry brigades he starts with in China.

DP.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 4
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/18/2009 1:49:50 PM   
Chickenboy

About the only actionable SigInt along these lines if if you were to see "China Expeditionary Army loaded on AK Kongo Maru moving towards Rabaul" or some such. Then you've got a pretty good idea of the veracity of the message.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/18/2009 11:34:12 PM   
CJ Martin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

About the only actionable SigInt along these lines if if you were to see "China Expeditionary Army loaded on AK Kongo Maru moving towards Rabaul" or some such. Then you've got a pretty good idea of the veracity of the message.

quote:

That's sad, one of the great stories of the Pacific was the Allied codebreaking success. Also, from what I've seen, when you get the "loaded on ship" intel, it is way too late to do anything about it unless you have forces in the immediate area to deal with it. Perhaps a fix will be found for the future.

-CJ

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/18/2009 11:40:24 PM   
Q-Ball

Unless your PBEM opponent is completely nuts, I think it's safe to assume that the China Expenditionary Army HQ unit is staying in China. Moving it would be pretty wacko!

(in reply to CJ Martin)
Post #: 7
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/19/2009 1:09:32 AM   
pad152

The AI does pull forces from Restricted Commands! Where do the think the Japanese are getting LCU's to invade all those places?

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 8
RE: China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack ... - 10/19/2009 1:40:44 AM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

The AI does pull forces from Restricted Commands! Where do the think the Japanese are getting LCU's to invade all those places?

Yep... in Witp Mk I the scenario designer simply duplicated and triplicated a number of LCU's so Japanese players actually had quite a few more units than they did historically.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> China Expeditionary Army is planning for an attack on Auckland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI