Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

air power?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> air power? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
air power? - 10/18/2009 7:02:36 PM   
bo

I am making comments as I move along in the game, date is march 1942[I know Im slow] I am the Germans and doing all right not great, I am slightly confused by air power, It seems to me no matter what level my tactical bombers are at, the outcome is always the same meaning that the level has nothing to do with the outcome, if I am wrong please tell where? Air units attacking fleets at sea, it may be one attack strength or ten attack strengths, doesn't matter, it is always the fleets losing one point if there are any losses. If what I am saying is actually happening it should be corrected. EG. Fleet found on a die roll, 1,2,3 attack points on an air armada, no damage, 3,4,5, maybe 1 point lost on a ship 6,7 one point lost, 8,9 two points lost, 10 attack points, 3 ship points lost. If this does not make sense then please advise why not?

Bo
Post #: 1
RE: air power? - 10/18/2009 7:18:03 PM   
Michael the Pole

Begining to see my point about the air vs naval combat table, Bo?

"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2
RE: air power? - 10/19/2009 3:09:26 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael the Pole

Begining to see my point about the air vs naval combat table, Bo?

You have been right from the start Mich but I had to get there to see it for myself, I have been attacking the central med. with my Italian bombers and no matter how many attack points they have and dont have [the bombers] the allies lose a point almost every time I attack even when the planes have one attack point left they still cause as much damage as a 10 point bomber? Needs changing please.

Bo

(in reply to Michael the Pole)
Post #: 3
RE: air power? - 10/20/2009 8:19:03 AM   
LuckyJim1005

I know this has all been said before but the whole Naval game is strange. I have just started playing 'properly' and is there any real point in the Naval part of the game.

I have a fleet of 9 ships in the North Sea but the battles only ever seem to involve 1 or 2 of my ships but the Allies seem to bring every gun to bear every battle.

I appreciate this is a land game but at least let me click one button to resolve the whole naval turn and just give me the reports.

As it is I tend to keep my ships and U boats in port as I really cannot be bothered to go through the click fest of the Naval game every turn.

Either give it some loving or turn it off is my input.

Great Land game though.....

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 4
RE: air power? - 10/20/2009 2:22:15 PM   
Max 86

I feel blind in the Naval game. I think I am winning the war at sea because I can convoy across the Med without interference from the Allies. Convoy success every time. But I can't tell you why. I did some damage to the Brits in the North Sea but not the whole Navy. I can't tell what the Italians did. Unless I am missing something you can't use air assets to recon a sea zone?

The air - sea combat model definitely needs reviewing. Too hard on the ships.

I probably should have examined the naval reports.

On a side note, does the left or right edge of your mini/jump map work? I had an army heading towards Baghdad and when I click on the mini map where Iraq should be it sends me to the Med. West of Beirut.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to LuckyJim1005)
Post #: 5
RE: air power? - 10/21/2009 4:07:59 AM   
SeaMonkey

I know...such a fine land warfare model ToW is, too bad it missed the naval-air aspects of the strategic scale. I feel sorry for the Wastelands guys, they really have made a valiant effort here. ToW is an operational game trying to fit the strategic level and it just wasn't coded with that in mind but it really excels in the single dimension and its something to work on.

I really am looking forward to "Storm over the Pacific", coined after one of my favorite books, "Storm over the Gilberts" and the follow up, "On to the Marianas", I'm sure it will have a much more rewarding Naval-Air feature.

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 6
RE: air power? - 10/21/2009 7:19:26 AM   
LuckyJim1005

Hear Hear - wiTP was just to much for me and I am hoping for an easier game to get into but a bit more than a Beer & Pretzel game.

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> air power? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI