Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

pbem campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> pbem campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pbem campaign - 6/13/2002 10:46:33 PM   
stevemk1a

Hello!, my pbem opponent and I are thinking of starting a pbem campaign, but I'm just wondering if some campaigns are better suited to this than others... We're both pretty equal in playing ability, but I'm concerned the AI side may dominate, and make it to difficult to maintain a core. Has anyone out there tried this method of pbem play that can offer some advice?
-Thx in advance!

Post #: 1
- 6/13/2002 11:12:56 PM   
Warhorse

Me and my brother are doing this, and yes, you must be more careful now!! My first mission was a defend against the Poles , my brother played the AI side (Poles), but we screwed up and the rarity was on from a PBEM battle prior. He was unable to buy what he would have liked, but still did well. I got too cocky after smashing his few tanks, and decided to counter-attack, well, his ATG's trashed many of my Battalion of Panzers before I withdrew. He played it smart, turned off the main wpn, then his turn he would turn it on, fire up my armor with a few shots, then turn it off again, I hardly ever saw them!!! Needless to say, I was unable to repair all the damged tanks, but very realistic, and I highly recommend it!!:D

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 2
How can i setup a PBEM campaign??? - 6/19/2002 10:43:16 PM   
Farfullo

Hi all my friends...

I have been out for a few days....(heheheh work, Diabblo II and so....) i have read this post and i would like to know how can i setup a PBEM campaing.....?? When i am tring to setup it and click on PBEM mode the game do not allow me to setup a campaign. Why????

Do i need a new MOD???? What do i do bad???

Thanks in advanced.....

Un amigo es el que viene cuando todos se han ido.

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 3
- 6/20/2002 1:10:40 AM   
Supervisor

Select solitare and the choose a campaign or a generated one. Then select your core force, when finished the player screen will come up, change player 2 to human controlled, and then continue, then you choose your support force. Deploy them and then quit deploy, then the game will come to the save screen, select a slot and save, exit game and then zip all files associated to that slot in the MatrixGames\SPWAW\save folder and send them to your oppenent, have him unzip to the same folder and then start the game normally and he/she will choose load save and away you go. After each turn is completed zip the save and email back and forth. It takes a little more effort to do a campaign but it will work. Adjust the settings in the preference screen before saving it if you want certain options kept throughout such as limited ammo and intel. The person who creates the PBEM determines how and what preferences are set and the opponent can't change anything that will effect the gameplay. I hope this helps.

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 4
Hey Gmenfan that was what i was looking for =)!!!! - 6/20/2002 1:49:55 AM   
Farfullo

Thanks a lot Gmenfan that was just what i was looking for =)....

My friend will be happy when he read your post hehehe =)

Thanks a lot again Gmenfan =)

What i would do without you and this forum?????

Hehehehe

Un amigo es el que viene cuando todos se han ido.

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 5
- 6/20/2002 3:49:07 AM   
Supervisor

Your very welcome!:cool:

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> pbem campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI