Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor is a must!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Editor is a must!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor is a must!!! - 6/22/2002 2:57:24 AM   
Luc

Sorry for my bad written English.
Don't forget to create an editor. A good game-editor gives extra-value to a game. One isn't condemned to play the same game over and over again.
For people liking history and strategy an editor is a must because that way they can play a lot "What if's".

Greetings from Belgium

Post #: 1
Welcome Luc! - 6/23/2002 12:31:24 AM   
Le Tondu

Luc,
Greetings to you. Welcome.

While I agree with you in principle about an editor for most games, your concern about replayability may not necessarily hold true with NW. When lone looks at what Matrix has released about the game, every game could potentially be different.

Many things that affect replayability such as alliances and invasions can can make each game unique.

I wonder what an editor would include. IMO, many values in the game shouldn't be allowed to be chaned, because if they did, the game would become a fantasy simulation instead of a historical simulation. I believe that the game will allow incredible freedom to change things from a historical perspective --once the game has started. I think that we will have to be the ones to change them --with our gameplay.

The different use of resources should allow one to build more navies to defeat the English navy for instance in order to prevent a Trafalgar from taking place. Maybe a trap can be devised for Nelson where he is utterly destroyed somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea. Or maybe better care can be taken to defeat the British Army in the Penninsula. At any step along the way, things can change to make each game unique. It is up to the players.

The map shouldn't change either. Maybe the beginning time of a scenario could be variable. Folks may just want to play a particular campaign for instance. There was some talk about whether the game will cover the Revolutionary Wars as well. One wouldn't want to leave out the all important Battle of Marengo in 1800. Yes, I see this as a VERY important place to help create those what-ifs.

:o Ah, I see what you mean. You want to be able to start a scenario with a larger French Navy or a stronger English Army perhaps. Something similiar to that. What it have been like if the French had control of Gibraltar from the beginning? Not a bad thought. We'll just have to wait and see.

I wonder what the developement team has to say. It is after all, almost time for another bone to be thrown. Woof, woooof!
:)

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Luc)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Editor is a must!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI