Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Depots stop movement?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Depots stop movement? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Depots stop movement? - 11/11/2009 4:37:16 PM   
RJCowan

I have an Egyptian corps besieged in Damietta by Turks. I had assumed its only move possible was to attack out of the city using the 5:1 table, but clicking on the corps I see that zones light up showing that the corps can slip out the back door and flee.

But then I notice that the highlighted zones stretch out for three in most directions, but only one across the river to the east. The only occupant of that zone is a depot with zero garrison.

Rule 10.4.2 says movement is stopped by enemy corps or depot garrisons, neither of which is present. Is that rule now "or depots"? I see no errata to that effect in the online rules.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/11/2009 8:28:23 PM   
ndrose

In this case, the game will not be showing you all the places you could possibly move, because when you reach the depot you have to make a decision: eat the depot for supply, or not? If you say no, then you will see further movement possibilities highlighted.

Your citation of the rule for *garrisoned* depots, however, reminds me: per EiA, even a garrisoned depot should not stop movement, any more than a garrisoned city. I know this was reported as an issue in the past, and perhaps it was already fixed. Can anyone confirm that? (And if it is fixed, the manual should be updated to reflect the change.)

(in reply to RJCowan)
Post #: 2
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/11/2009 11:06:11 PM   
Marshall Ellis

We addressed this earlier but I cannot remember if the garrison depots would stop movement or not??? I believe I chenged them to NOT stop but I may be wrong...???
Will have to look...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 3
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/12/2009 8:15:41 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

We addressed this earlier but I cannot remember if the garrison depots would stop movement or not??? I believe I chenged them to NOT stop but I may be wrong...???
Will have to look...

I think 1.06 changed that they(depots with garrison) dont stop movement, but they still cut supply.

As far as i recall in EIANW the corps should not be able to move if they start their turn in a zone containing enemy corps. But havent tested this since 1.02k.

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 11/12/2009 8:16:43 AM >

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/12/2009 12:58:16 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Thanks Bresh! That is what I thought!
I've got a lot of irons in a lot of fires right now so my abilitiy to remember on-the-fly is somewhat lessened! :-0

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 5
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/12/2009 8:15:23 PM   
RJCowan

Can anyone address why the zones lit up showing potential moves?  Can a besieged corps cut and run on a dark night?  Or would I have suddenly found myself in a disastrous breakout fight against the besiegers had I tried to move out?

And would that breakout battle happen in the middle of movement phase (like a blockade run)? Or would it stop the breaking-out corps until the end of the turn for the combat?

Post #: 6
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/13/2009 3:06:16 AM   
Trax

Hi
It's a bug. The besieged corps can move away with no battle. The work around is not to make the move.

(in reply to RJCowan)
Post #: 7
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/13/2009 4:44:16 AM   
ndrose

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trax

Hi
It's a bug. The besieged corps can move away with no battle. The work around is not to make the move.

Is this a bug that applies to sieges generally, or is it Cairo-specific? (I ask because I've seen other weird things happen in Cairo.)

(in reply to Trax)
Post #: 8
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/14/2009 2:24:07 AM   
Dancing Bear

Somebody reported it on Mantus for a site in Venice, so it appears to apply to all cities.

Anyone know if this also affects supply? i.e. is a corps inside a beseiged city still able to receive supply from an outside source?

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 9
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/20/2009 3:01:28 AM   
Dancing Bear

Marshall, did you take a look at the error about slipping out past a seige force. You might want to be put the fix for this in 1.07.

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 10
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/20/2009 2:18:14 PM   
Marshall Ellis

What mantis#?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 11
RE: Depots stop movement? - 11/20/2009 3:26:43 PM   
Trax

Mantis 589

Post #: 12
RE: Depots stop movement? - 12/7/2009 1:55:32 AM   
Dancing Bear

Has anyone noticed whether this same bug allows besieged units to be supplied? We have a possible problem where a beseged garrison was able to receive supply from a ship off shore, even then the port itself was both blockaded and besieged.

(in reply to Trax)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Depots stop movement? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI