Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

!!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
!!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! problem - 5/7/2009 8:07:39 PM   
utku952

hi all, im a new member of this forum... i hope you ll help me about this problem ive downloaded the game but it says Unable to read one or more registry entries pls reinstall the game but i did it twice.. anyway i coudnt solve the problem. im a fan of this series so pls hellp!!!
Post #: 1
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 5/7/2009 11:42:27 PM   
Andrew Williams

The tecchies are taking a look.

hold tight.

(in reply to utku952)
Post #: 2
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 5/8/2009 2:17:08 PM   
Greg Wilcox

Hi do you have any anti-virus/firewall settings that prevent registry entries from getting created?

-Greg

Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant

(in reply to utku952)
Post #: 3
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 5/10/2009 9:32:41 PM   
utku952

hi again, yeah i have symantec antivirus and spybot search & destroy but im not sure that it happens bcause of that ive tried a lot but not solved yet

(in reply to Greg Wilcox)
Post #: 4
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 5/10/2009 9:50:30 PM   
Senior Drill

utku952, Greg may have a better solution tomorrow, but you might try this in the mean time. Turn off or disable both the Symantec AV and Spybot S&D, then re-install the game. If it gives you the willies to not have those running while connected to the net, then unplug your internet cable while those are disabled and you are re-installing.

Symantec is not very friendly to new installations and never has been, hence the advice in the initial installer screens of many appllications to turn off AV ware prior to installing. Give turning them off for a re-install a shot. The results should be positive, but in worse case, will give Greg more information on what your configuration problem might be.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to utku952)
Post #: 5
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 7/4/2009 6:10:18 PM   
Remise_slith

I just installed The Longest Day today and am having the same problem. I turned off my Norton 360 firewall, AV protection, and spyware protection, and still did not get past the registry issue. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

B.C. Milligan

Company K, First Pennsylvania Reserves

(in reply to Senior Drill)
Post #: 6
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 7/4/2009 7:30:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Remise,

Did you turn all that off before installing the game or after? If after, try uninstalling and reinstalling with all of that off, then keep it off to launch the game or create an exception for the game folder/files.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Remise_slith)
Post #: 7
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 7/4/2009 9:01:41 PM   
Remise_slith

Erik --

Yes, thanks. I have done these things. More than once, in fact.

Company K, First Pennsylvania Reserves

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 5:41:55 AM   
opshop1

Hi everyone!

I've just installed Close Combat Whatch am Rhein but everytime I try to play, I've got this message:

"Unable to read one or more registry entries".

I try to reinstall the game but, I still got the same message...

It seems that a lot of users have the same problem.

Any ideas how to fixe it?

(in reply to Remise_slith)
Post #: 9
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 6:15:26 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

It seems that a lot of users have the same problem.

Really... why do you say that?... you are the second person in over a year to mention this as a problem for WaR.

Have you installed the patch?

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 11/18/2009 6:16:50 AM >

(in reply to opshop1)
Post #: 10
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 6:18:39 AM   
Andrew Williams

Also

What operating system are you using?

Did you install as administrator?

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 11
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 6:25:10 AM   
opshop1

Well, not in this forum, but on a different one, other folks have the same problem...

I am using XP sp2 and I've install it as administrator.

Post #: 12
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 6:26:19 AM   
opshop1

how do I install the patch?

(in reply to opshop1)
Post #: 13
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 8:27:01 AM   
Andrew Williams

If you can post a link to others with this problem with WaR that would be very helpful.

Download the patch Here:  http://www.matrixgames.com/products/363/downloads/Close%20Combat%20-%20Wacht%20am%20Rhein

Wacht am Rhein 4.50.07b UpdatePosted: 5 MAR 2009This update includes a sizeable amount of graphical improvements and tweaks to units and maps, a few AI improvements in both the tactical and strategic portions of the game, and a variety of bug fixes. Download

unzip and then run the exe

You will need your serial number

(in reply to opshop1)
Post #: 14
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 6:52:54 PM   
Andrew Williams

Do you get a Game Menu or does the error appear before that shows on screen?

Post #: 15
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 9:36:28 PM   
opshop1

Hi!

I do get the Game Menu, but when i click on the link, it doesn't work...

Post #: 16
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 10:37:27 PM   
Andrew Williams

From the Tech dept.

The error is because the game EXE can't open the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Strategy 3 Tactics\Close Combat\45\". 

Either the installer didn't create it (check with RegEdit) or there is some sort of security / access issue preventing the game from accessing the registry key. 

If the registry key does exist, have him try disabling all anti-virus / security software just to test and see if this is the problem. 

If the registry key doesn't exist, then he can create it by hand (and just leave it empty) and try starting the game.

So, it is to do with your security settings not allowing the registry key to be created or your security settings not allowing the game to access the registry key.

(in reply to opshop1)
Post #: 17
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 11:46:15 PM   
opshop1

Andrew Williams

Thank you so much for all your efforts and your support! It's working now! 

Thank again...

Post #: 18
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/18/2009 11:55:38 PM   
Andrew Williams

What was the final fix... what did you change?

(in reply to opshop1)
Post #: 19
RE: !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! p... - 11/26/2009 9:00:46 AM   
neilboso@yahoo.com

Hi again, yeah i have symantec antivirus and spybot search & destroy but i am not sure that it happens bcause of that tried a lot but not solved yet.

Michael Jackson Game
|Christmas Games

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> !!!Unable to read one or more registry entries!!! problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI