Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The real reason for VRF squadrons?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The real reason for VRF squadrons? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The real reason for VRF squadrons? - 11/17/2009 3:22:13 PM   
jerrylt2008

Hello,

I understand that these are replacement squadrons, but how do they work? I have some CVE's and CVL's that are coming into the game with these squadrons. I am running AB scen 115 and extended map with WITP ver 1.806.

I notice they get up to 54 aircraft and pilots each, but what exactly would happen if I put these in a Air combat TF along with fleet carriers? Would they continuosly resupply as the regular carriers lost aircraft until they were empty? At this point do I run that CVE/CVL to a large base with enough supply and it fills up again if there are enough replacements in the pool?
If this is correct, then I should run these jeep carriers in a seperate TF but have it follow the main fleet carriers to resupply the aircraft?

Thank you.

"One tin soldier rides away........."
Post #: 1
RE: The real reason for VRF squadrons? - 11/17/2009 4:41:22 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerrylt2008

Hello,

I understand that these are replacement squadrons, but how do they work? I have some CVE's and CVL's that are coming into the game with these squadrons. I am running AB scen 115 and extended map with WITP ver 1.806.

I notice they get up to 54 aircraft and pilots each, but what exactly would happen if I put these in a Air combat TF along with fleet carriers? Would they continuosly resupply as the regular carriers lost aircraft until they were empty? At this point do I run that CVE/CVL to a large base with enough supply and it fills up again if there are enough replacements in the pool?
If this is correct, then I should run these jeep carriers in a seperate TF but have it follow the main fleet carriers to resupply the aircraft?

Thank you.

First, these are replenishment squadrons, so do not use them for air combat at all. Simply put them to training.

Secondly you can either put them in a replenishment taskforce, or with your AO's to resupply.

Basically you have them follow your main carriers around, and when the carriers lose aircraft these CVE's will replenish the carriers with replacement aircraft, only problem is there experience is low, hence why they are replacements. However with a squadron full of 75+ experience pilots they will gain experience rather quickly.

Any port sized 3+ (not sure if its 3 or larger maybe 4) should automatically replenish the planes when you dock.

Basically What I did was broke down 2 Replenishment TF, one fast and one slow.
I believe the CVE's are 15 knots so I put them in the fast Replenish TF which was 15-18 knots.

I Would suggest depending how you are in the game, put a CVL or two in the TF for CAP purposes just for added CAP and protection of your vital resupply ships.

(in reply to jerrylt2008)
Post #: 2
RE: The real reason for VRF squadrons? - 11/17/2009 7:11:05 PM   
FOW

You get VR (replacement) squadrons on CVEs only - not CVLs
Put them in Replenishment TFs, either with or without AO/AE etc. for local protection use standard CVEs (not CVLs)

My preference is to expand the planes and pilots to 30 per squadron, set replacements OFF, unload on one of the southern Hawiian bases and set to train. Once they get from 30 to 50 pilot exp put them back on the CVEs and use in Replen TFs.
If the a/c carried is less than 32 then they can be used for local CAP and ASW search (don't use for offensive missions as pilot quality is poor).

(in reply to jerrylt2008)
Post #: 3
RE: The real reason for VRF squadrons? - 11/18/2009 3:32:40 PM   
jerrylt2008

Thank you for the information. I have a better understanding now.

"One tin soldier rides away........."

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The real reason for VRF squadrons? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI