Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tigers Without Fangs Ready to Play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Tigers Without Fangs Ready to Play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tigers Without Fangs Ready to Play - 5/20/2002 12:27:54 AM   
Redleg

After some help from Fragar and Warrior, I was able to make some adjustments and got a decisive so it appears to be ready to "meet the gaming public".

See the "Tigers at Kursk" thread to see the battle description.

This scenario takes about 1/2 hour to play and is quite variable in outcome depending upon whether the tank hunters locate the Tigers, whether flamethrowers are encountered, and just plain luck.

This is dedicated to the SPWAW fans who like quick-play scenarios.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Tigers without fangs - 5/20/2002 4:39:25 AM   
Fradar

I had the pleasure to playtest this one for John. It is a quick, challenging and fun scenario with a very high replay value. Even if you achieve the same level of victory, the fighting is never the same. These tank hunters and assault teams are very nasty customers.
Thanks John for another great scenario !

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 2
Great scenario! - 5/25/2002 4:37:55 AM   
El_Peco

Original & fun, I managed to get a marginal victory (2700 to 800), rescuing only a Tiger with an ammo cannister. Other Tiger wasn't rescued because the ruskies killed the crew with the ammo canister:( .

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 3
- 5/26/2002 10:40:55 PM   
Major Destruction

Excellent scenario. And a refreshing change of pace.
Playing with command control OFF, I scored 3427-613, rescuing both tigers at the cost of 15 men. Now time to try it with C2 ON.

Well done Redleg.:D

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 4
- 5/27/2002 11:00:33 AM   
chief

Redleg: BRAVO ZULU....had a ball with this one, even pulled a Decisive Victory....thanks:D :D :) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 5
- 5/27/2002 11:48:03 AM   
Redleg

I had fun making and testing this - very glad to hear that someone else enjoyed it. Thanks for the comments.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 6
- 5/28/2002 11:08:10 PM   
learnerever

fun scenario it was

fumbled at first , tiger 2 crew got killed and there
was much blood and gore

2nd try rescued both tanks and brought back spare parts ,
marginal victory only , though :)

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 7
- 6/4/2002 12:20:02 PM   
Wild Bill

I'll definitely check it out. Makes a nice addition to the earlier Tiger scenarios I did that are on Fabio's site, plus the one I sent to you.

A Lonely Tiger
A Wounded Tiger
A Royal Tiger
A Hungry Tiger

And now A Fangless Tiger (or two)

Looks like we are giving the Tigers the "royal" treatment ;)

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 8
- 6/4/2002 12:28:57 PM   
Redleg

Tigers draw a crowd! This is one I believe you may like, WB.
Give it a shot.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 9
- 6/4/2002 11:29:25 PM   
Wild Bill

Already got it downloaded and plan on getting into action this evening, Redleg...WB
===================

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 10
Hey Redleg...very very good scen =) - 6/22/2002 6:43:25 PM   
Farfullo

Hey Redleg..... Argg this scenario have been too much heavy for my heart....almost without visibility....any hex was a death trap....hehehe....

I only reached a draw...1500 Germany 1000 Soviets....arggg I ocly could save one the two tigers ....arggggg....

Well i have been log off for some days...(muds, diablo 2......AD&D) but i will try to be more logged in since now hehehe =)....

I have seen that there are posted a lot of scenarios..and i would like to play all of them hehehe =)...and I have to play Raider's June Issue arggggg........i am overflouded now!!!! heheh i like it =)

Ok....lets begin..... =) ----> Operation Kinderschreck heyyy!!! it is by you too hehehe =)...

And now i have a question.....where can i find info about designing scenarios and/or map....i have read the SPWaW manual and some info obut Fred Chlanda but i dont have my ideas clear yet!!! I would be glad if you or any veteran designer could help me with it....... :)

Well...see you soon

Un amigo es el que viene cuando todos se han ido.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 11
- 6/22/2002 10:33:59 PM   
Redleg

Wild Bill published a series of tutorials about scenario design some time back. I think those scenarios may be posted on one of the sites for downloading.

Good luck! Thanks for trying "Fangless Tigers".

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 12
- 6/23/2002 10:42:48 PM   
Supervisor

Farfullo, I think this is what you looking for. Everything you wanted to know about scenario design but were affraid to ask. By the master himself Wild Bill. [URL=http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Scenario_Tutorials_WBW/main.htm]Armor Site Guides to Scenario Design[/URL]

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 13
Hey gmenman and redleg thx a lot for your replies - 6/24/2002 1:37:09 AM   
Farfullo

hi all :)

Thx a lot for your replies, i will try to see that tutorial this week ...hehehehe =).......i think this summer i could design my first scen....that would be cool !!!!!

Well thx a lot everybody.....

See you soon....

Argg i am having some newbie terrible mistakes playing Operation Kinderschreck......xDDDDDD......i think i will begin it again.....i have lost 2 B10 too silly. hehehe =)

Well ...seeya all =)

Bye bye...i will try to end Op. K. tomorrow...i hope to play tomorrow....

Hehehehe

Bye bye

Un amigo es el que viene cuando todos se han ido.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 14
- 6/26/2002 5:03:54 AM   
fud

Hi Redleg,

I loved this scenario - I always find the small ones to be among the best. Very challenging - I got pretty beat up the first time out - and pretty beat up a couple of times after that, too.

One question - did you mean for the soviet assault team C1 to have a flamethrower that reaches two hexes??? That squad in particular really gave me trouble whenever they had a chance to op fire.

Thanks again.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 15
- 6/26/2002 7:46:45 AM   
Wild Bill

Knowing Redleg, I'm sure that he did. You can be sure that nothing in his fine battles just "happens." The old warrior is just devious. I'm sure that was his intention.

:eek:

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 16
- 6/27/2002 2:55:54 AM   
fud

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill
[B]Knowing Redleg, I'm sure that he did. You can be sure that nothing in his fine battles just "happens." The old warrior is just devious. I'm sure that was his intention.

:eek:

Wild Bill [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorta figured as much - but it sure was a nasty suprise. So were all of those molotov projectiles.....

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 17
- 6/27/2002 3:46:29 AM   
Redleg

David Glantz' fine book about Kursk inspired "Fangless Tigers". Some absolute horrors at night on the battlefields of Kursk.

There is a randomness build in to this scenario that makes it play differently depending upon what the human player does. Lady Luck also plays a big part as it does most all very small scenarios.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Tigers Without Fangs Ready to Play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI