Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombarment/Suface TF "Stuck" at target

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Bombarment/Suface TF "Stuck" at target Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombarment/Suface TF "Stuck" at target - 11/23/2009 12:44:29 AM   
Chijohnaok2

It's June 1942. I am playing the grand campaign against the AI.

I have a brigade of INF at Akyab, however in May, the IJA landed troops there. It has largely been a stalemate as I have been clobbering the IJA unit via 2 and 4 engine bombers.

I decided to "help things along" and tasked a British TF of 4 BBs, 4 CLs, and 4 DDs to conduct a bombardment on Akyab. It conducted a 1 day bombardment, but I ordered it to "Remain on Station" to conduct a few more rounds of bombardment, and as there was a sighting of tranports in the area, to protect the city from an additional amphib landing.

Problem now is at this British BB TF is "stuck" at Akyab. I changed "Remain on Station" to "Retirement Allowed". The TF is still at Akyab. I let day after day go by hoping they withdraw. I tried to disband the TF and then reform thinking that this might spring it free. Akyab has a "0" level port and it would not allow me to reform the TF. I have multiple saves, so I went back to the day before rather than have all those ships stuck in the port. The TF is still stuck at Ayab.

This BB TF represents the "punch" of British surface vessel strength in the Indian Ocean.. I have 2 CV TF's that have trailed and stood off by one hex to provide air cover, however, I need to withdraw them for refueling, maintenance, etc.

Has anyone else run across this? Any suggestions how to pop my TF loose from Akyab?

< Message edited by chijohnaok -- 11/23/2009 1:42:57 AM >

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
Post #: 1
RE: Bombarment/Suface TF "Stuck" at target - 11/23/2009 1:54:55 AM   
wdolson

There is a problem with creating TFs at 0 level ports.  I believe the naval team did address this for patch 2.  I think you might be able to transfer the ships to another TF, so if you bring a surface TF into the hex, you might be able to transfer the ships from the port into the existing TF.

You could go back to before you disbanded and try setting the ships to a new destination rather than play around with the "remain on Station/Retirement Allowed settings.  Changing the home port might help too.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Chijohnaok2)
Post #: 2
RE: Bombarment/Suface TF "Stuck" at target - 11/23/2009 2:53:32 AM   
Chijohnaok2

I have reverted back to the day before I disbanded them.

I've also changed their destination and home port to Columbo, and tried "return to home base" but they are still "stuck".

I'll try sending in a 1 ship surface TF and see if I can tranfer them to it.

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Bombarment/Suface TF "Stuck" at target Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI