Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

control overload

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> control overload Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
control overload - 11/23/2009 3:48:09 PM   
CC Fan

Hi. I'm new to the boards, so I'm not sure where this thread would belong. I love the game and have played UV in the past. I do have a couple of questions about WitP though.

1. Is there a way (aside from choosing particular scenarios) that I could "turn off" some of the other countries involved. I.E. Say I want to play the scenario that goes from roughly (I'm working from memory here) May 1, 1942 - 1943 "turning of the tide" I believe it's called. I just want to play the Eastern and South Pacific, and don't want to handle all the other countries involved (Britain, China, and so on).

2. Is there a way to speed things up after I end the orders phase, or do I have to sit through all that the computer is doing. Is there a way to "speed" that up a bit?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: control overload - 11/23/2009 5:09:47 PM   
tocaff

Welcome aboard.

The only way to "turn off" areas that you don't want to be involved with is to set that region to computer control.  Doing this is not something that you want to do as any forces that enter these areas fall to the hapless AI.  Appreciate the control that the game gives you that UV never did and as time goes on you'll get faster and faster doing turns.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to CC Fan)
Post #: 2
RE: control overload - 11/23/2009 7:31:33 PM   
CC Fan

Much appreciated for the advice. Just curious though. How would I "turn off" zones I didn't want to use?

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 3
RE: control overload - 11/23/2009 7:35:50 PM   
KyleK

check the strat map, you'll see the map is divided into zones. click the human control over to computer control.

(in reply to CC Fan)
Post #: 4
RE: control overload - 11/23/2009 7:36:05 PM   
tocaff

There is no "turning off" zones.  If an area is included in a given scenario that's it.

Todd

(in reply to CC Fan)
Post #: 5
RE: control overload - 11/23/2009 11:57:57 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

There is no "turning off" zones.  If an area is included in a given scenario that's it.

Er, well, they are turned over to computer control, although i've never done that and don't recommend it... (bad, bad things can and usually do happen).

You can play some of the "limited" scenarios that don't involve the whole "board"... or, you could attempt a mod... much work involved there.

Lastly, to speed things up, you can alter the time settings in your "preferences"... also, if you are playing against the AI, you can hit "escape", and that will speed up the replay (but supposedly might result in a "Replay Bug" if you are the Japanese playing the non-AI Allies.)

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 6
RE: control overload - 11/24/2009 7:17:31 AM   
JeffroK

Dont, never ever give control to the AI, ever.

To speed up the game;

Play 2 day turns, it works well, you have to be a bit more careful.

Dump the replays, pure chrome.

You dont have to micromanage every unit every day, IMHO its ahistorical to have so much control.
Let your operations move on for a day or two, alternate managing an area/theatre day by day.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
RE: control overload - 11/25/2009 8:54:54 PM   
CC Fan

Wow.  Thanks for the advice.  I love the game.  I just can't handle the sitting through the computer going through all it's processing. 

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 8
RE: control overload - 11/26/2009 11:47:58 AM   
tocaff

What's the CPU & RAM in your computer?  My desktop is a 5 year old P4/ 2 gig and my notebook is a Core 2 Duo/ 4 gig and they are night and day in running the game.

Todd

(in reply to CC Fan)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> control overload Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI