Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vets...a thank you

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Vets...a thank you Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vets...a thank you - 11/10/2000 4:58:00 AM   
Huffy

I just wanted to post a thank you for all the vets and their families who have given so much for all of us. With veterans day here...let us not forget...thank you. Huffy

Post #: 1
- 11/10/2000 5:20:00 AM   
Jackk

Seconded....and Amen. Thank you all. ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 2
- 11/10/2000 6:38:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks, Huffy, for pointing that out. I fully agree. Hail to the heroes, those who bear arms to defend their country and their loved ones, both past and present! ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 3
- 11/10/2000 7:04:00 AM   
Warhorse

Semper Fi!!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 4
- 11/10/2000 7:36:00 AM   
McGib

A big hats off to all former and present service men regardless of nationality. I was proud to have served my country and prouder still of all vets. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 5
- 11/10/2000 8:03:00 AM   
ChrisF

Not for selfish reasons (I still work), but I have always been upset with how Veterans Day has become the incredible shrinking Holiday in the U.S. In my mind it should be right up there with Memorial Day and the others that are still celebrated. All the businesses are open now on Nov. 11 - and without those veterans, the businesses wouldn't be around to make a profit now....a little tribute, like observing the holiday, would be appropriate. My Grandfather was a Yankee Division veteran from WWI wounded twice - my father WWII Navy, and many other family members served. I tend to spend a good bit of Nov 11 reflecting on them and all of the veterans that came before and after. We ought to make Veterans day a "real" holiday in the US again.

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 6
- 11/10/2000 8:48:00 AM   
McGib

That idea was brought up in Canada Chris and our vets said no. They want the kids in school learning about the sacrifices that were made. They did not want it treated as "just another day off". Until I heard this I would have agreed with you that Nov 11 should be a holiday (up here its called Rememberance Day), but know I believe the vets are right. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 7
- 11/10/2000 9:07:00 AM   
ncpanther

AIRBORNE!!! and thank you all. But let us not forget those from all countries that did not come home . To me this is Their day as well! POWS You Are Not Forgotten. ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 8
- 11/10/2000 10:28:00 PM   
Pack Rat

For some reason I've never equated the families with the vets. Maybe because I was single when I was in. Although the men in my squad had wives and children and I'll admit to being espiecaly sensitve to their needs (I didn't last long, got busted for sticking up for them, it was just a temp thing anyway ) My wife was a Navy wife in her first marrage and I used to visit a good friend (Jughead where the hell are you?) and his wife with special food treats I knew they couldn't afford(steak and lobster), and for those families that lost a loved one in peace or war I can only say I think of the sacrifices almost every day. However thanks for focusing me more toward the family, I won't forget them again. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 9
- 11/10/2000 10:34:00 PM   
Viriato

Hello all ,second that and thank you all , present and gone . ------------------ A sorte protege os audazes

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 10
- 11/10/2000 11:53:00 PM   
Tankhead

Thank you all Vets present and gone. God bless you. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 11
- 11/11/2000 12:11:00 AM   
Jeff Norton

To absent brothers... We honor you.... (Coolest toast I ever saw when I was at BNCOC in Ft. McCellan, Al. Saw our Rock-Hard SFC soften-up like a marshmallo-man. Scared the crap outa me...) And, me being a combat vet also... Thanks guys and gals, I appricate your sacrifices... -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 12
- 11/11/2000 5:57:00 AM   
ChrisF

McGib: That is interesting that the Canadian vets had that viewpoint on Nov. 11. My WWI grandfather was in the American Legion - admittedly not the most progressive organization on earth - and I can remember him (and the Legion)yelling bloody murder when they tampered with the holiday. I can understand though, how many people with less of a sense of history than those of us who haunt these boards could look at it as just another day off.....

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 13
- 11/11/2000 11:46:00 AM   
Randy

To our Veterans. Without them, the freedom for this forum would not be possible! Happy Veterans Day Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 14
- 11/12/2000 12:16:00 AM   
CommieKiller

MSG Jerry M. "Mad Dog" Shriver US ARMY MACV/SOG 24 April 1969 Cambodia Only Our Government Has Forgotten You *POW/MIA* ------------------ All's a rush till the rounds start flying-and your friends start dying.

All's a rush till the rounds start flying-and your friends start dying.

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Vets...a thank you Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI