Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Steel, Slonim Escape question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Russian Steel, Slonim Escape question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Steel, Slonim Escape question - 6/24/2002 5:57:20 PM   
Seagull

I clearly don't understand what I'm supposed to do in this scenario. :(

I managed to retreat almost all of my core force (abandoning a KV-1 and a BA-27, and losing a Komsomolets). I also extracted a substantial fraction of the AUX forces as well.

My final result (Soviet/German):
Men: 422/171
Artillery: 5/0
Soft vehicles: 4/0
APCs: 1/0
AFVs: 7/0
Score: 81/3936 (Crushing Defeat)

I thought that I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do, according to the mission briefing. :(

Added in editing:

By way of possible clarification, the exit VO and the retreat hex are slightly separated. Getting my units onto the VO did not appear to accomplish anything; the only way I could get them to exit the map was via the retreat hex.
Post #: 1
just my 2c - 6/25/2002 5:22:19 AM   
ivantheterrible

I haven't played russian steel yet but plan to eventually. Just my observation though, you do not get any points for exiting units via the retreat hex. Normally you get points by exiting units via the "Exit Victory Hex" (you leave you unit there until the end of the turn/beginning of next turn before they disappear and points are awarded).

The thing is, in a few rare occassions I've encountered an "Exit Victory Hex" that does nothing. One of the battles in MCLV came into mind. Even though description suggests exiting the force and there's an "Exit Victory Hex" on the map, after leaving many units stacked on it for multiple turns the units still remain stacked and no points are awarded. I can only suspect that maybe the otherwise normal-looking "Exit Victory Hex" has some kind of invisible bug/setting that wasn't set up right during scenario design.

(in reply to Seagull)
Post #: 2
- 6/25/2002 5:43:05 AM   
Seagull

Thanks for the info :) This is the first time I've encountered an Exit Victory hex. I didn't realize that I had to park the units there until the start of the next turn. I'll have to give that a shot and see what happens.

The proximity of the retreat hex and the VO obviously confused the heck out of me. On reflection, it probably ensures that units which start to retreat (and lots of them do in this scenario) will head in the right general direction.

I haven't progressed past the first three scenarios in MCLV so far. So many campaigns and games to play; nobody to pay me for playing them. ;)

(in reply to Seagull)
Post #: 3
- 6/25/2002 11:24:39 PM   
ivantheterrible

I know! We should start forming a union or something... :D

(in reply to Seagull)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Russian Steel, Slonim Escape question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI